Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 01-23-2008, 11:51 PM   #31
LakerDynasty00
High school junior varsity star

Default Re: Official PimpCast: Lakers vs. Spurs, 1/23/08, 6:00PM PST, AT&T Center

Well we went away from some of the things we were doing so well in the first half and got burried in the second. But it wasn't just Kobe "shooting more and passing less" it was the Spurs defense. They stopped his penetration and rotated faster. Sometimes we ignore the fact the other team changes their gameplan or steps up their intensity and only look at what we did differently/wrong. Kobe shouldn't have taken those early shots, but I think the entire offense was out of flow (because of the Spurs improved defense) and he felt like he had to take the chance and build the lead even higher right from the beginning. The point: to totally discourage the Spurs. What happened? He missed, it lead to fast-breaks, and their usual scrubs hit threes from all over, and well Tim Duncan was Tim Duncan.

Unfortunate. I thought we played very hard and at times extremely well. The Spurs just played smarter and better in the 3rd and 4th quarters.
LakerDynasty00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 11:57 PM   #32
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

Default Re: Official PimpCast: Lakers vs. Spurs, 1/23/08, 6:00PM PST, AT&T Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceballos
Kwame is a walking moron who will make his team lose this game. Every time this dumbass touches the ball I expect a turnover...
That makes Phil a bigger moron because Phil is the person who puts him in for so long despite the bleeding in the 3rd.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:00 AM   #33
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerDynasty00
Well we went away from some of the things we were doing so well in the first half and got burried in the second. But it wasn't just Kobe "shooting more and passing less" it was the Spurs defense. They stopped his penetration and rotated faster. Sometimes we ignore the fact the other team changes their gameplan or steps up their intensity and only look at what we did differently/wrong. Kobe shouldn't have taken those early shots, but I think the entire offense was out of flow (because of the Spurs improved defense) and he felt like he had to take the chance and build the lead even higher right from the beginning. The point: to totally discourage the Spurs. What happened? He missed, it lead to fast-breaks, and their usual scrubs hit threes from all over, and well Tim Duncan was Tim Duncan.

Unfortunate. I thought we played very hard and at times extremely well. The Spurs just played smarter and better in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

Nice analysis and well done.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 12:27 AM   #34
Walton_04
Decent playground baller

There's no way Tim Duncan puts out the numbers he put out tonight against Bynum

Mihm and Vlad Rad need to get healthy soon! We mainly need their bodies to give fouls. A healthy Vlad Rad at least makes the defenders guess and forces them to defend him out in the perimeter.
Walton_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 01:46 AM   #35
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I didn't get to see today's game because of some studying for a midterm I have tomorrow.

Im reading the boxscore here and noone besides Kobe and fisher took over 7 shots. That doesn't exactly help our system. I didn't expect much from today's game but I heard we were up 9 at halftime. Always inexcusable to give those kinds of leads, but San Antonio is a great team, and when your team has injuries and some new personell, you can't expect a win against an experienced and healthy team.

Really though I don't like that people stand and watch Kobe and stop running the offense but then Kobe should be smarter than taking bad shots early in the second half because 100% of the time, we lose leads when he does that and I am surprised he has not learned that by now.

Well we got one more against Dallas, we gotta learn from today's mistakes and play harder against a Dallas team whos defense is not nearly as intense as San Antonio.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:51 AM   #36
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

We squandered off a lead in the second half, but I still have faith in this team. On to the next game!!

That's the one when we sport the new avatars right?
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 03:18 AM   #37
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Then the second half began, and it all went away in a 103-91 loss Wednesday as players began to defer to Kobe Bryant.

It's that type of thing that upsets longtime consultant Tex Winter, the architect of the Lakers' triangle offense.

"The ball has to move, the players have to move," he said. "And when they don't, they start standing and watching Kobe. Kobe might get 50, but we still ain't going to win, or we'll have a tough time of it.

The guys stopped moving. Kobe saw some opportunities to push the lead off some J's and tried to. I dont know why Turiaf doesn't play more...dude is constantly moving and plays the PnR very well...and:

Quote:
As the Lakers try to find an identity without injured center Andrew Bynum, Winter went right to the heart of a possible solution.

"Lamar [Odom] and Luke [Walton] really might be the key to this," he said. "They're going to have to hit the open shots. They're going to have to hit a good percentage of their shots, which they're not doing right now. They'll get better and more open shots if we play a team concept and move the basketball and go through with our cuts."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...ck=1&cset=true

Last edited by hotsizzle : 01-24-2008 at 03:24 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 04:12 AM   #38
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Bryant scored 29 points on 12-for-27 shooting Wednesday and also had nine turnovers, although Coach Phil Jackson pointed to other unnamed suspects.

"No one seemed to want to step up, and they kept dropping it off in Kobe's hands to try and let him do one-on-one stuff," he said. "I'm not going to fault Kobe at all. You have the turnovers, they are credited to him, but it was other things that went on there."

It wasn't difficult to pinpoint the targets of Jackson's comments.

Lamar Odom took only five shots until making two late in the game, with the score firmly in San Antonio's favor. He finished with 11 points on four-for-seven shooting and also had 12 rebounds.

Luke Walton also continued to struggle on offense, scoring five points on two-for-three shooting in 35 minutes.

More: http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...ck=2&cset=true
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 05:08 AM   #39
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

Sounds like a bunch of turnovers in the 3rd lost it. I hate it when i read that the team goes from one game (nuggets) where we play team ball, then move on to this game and everyone decides they aint gona play and join the crowd to watch kobe shot.I would assume playing a proper offense would have lead to leass turnovers? Its these sort of games where you earn your money in the NBA. Everyone on the team can score thats why they play in the league. Everyone except DJ knows the triangle, so why did they decide to give it to kobe? Some people on this team need to think a bit more on what they SHOULD be contributing to this team and im thinking luke walton here. But then again despite the rant about not playing properly I need to take in to account that we were playing one of the best and most experienced defensive teams in the league. I just hope we can get our act together aginst the Mavs.
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: