Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-29-2008, 12:35 AM   #16
gts
Sons of Antartica

Default Re: Official PimpCast: Grizzlies vs. Lakers, 3/28/08, 7:30PM PST, Staples Center

well that sucked! lol
kobe was on some kind of mission to do i don't know what...
everyone was cold except kobe... wouldn't be surised to read in the next day or two that phil gave them the morning off and let em skip sootaround...

way toooooo many 3 point attempts what was that about? 45 3 point attempts.... wow

d was poor, kobe went back to his gamble mode... turiaf did have some nice blocks mbenga did too otherwise the rotations were horrible but i'm putting that on kobe.. it seemed that whenever he was involved with a switch the guy he was supposed to switch too got away because kobe would take a couple steps then try and clog the lane...

lamar probably shouldn't have played the guy looked sick..lol i thought he was gonna puke siting on the bench

well that's all i'll say about it..get ready for the lets trade such and such threads... lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:20 AM   #17
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Default Re: Official PimpCast: Grizzlies vs. Lakers, 3/28/08, 7:30PM PST, Staples Center

F*ck....thats all I got to say.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:23 AM   #18
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Wow.. we drop 2 to weak teams we are supposed to beat. And wtf was up with all the 3's..?That one possession where we had 3-4 opportunities, they were all j's not inside scoring, and on top of that everyone was rushing as if the shot clock was about to expire
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 04:29 AM   #19
GMW
Local High School Star

ugh there is nothing more disheartning than to wake up, check nba.com and see that the Lakers lost to one of the worst road teams in the nba
GMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:20 AM   #20
Crash
Its Showtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMW
ugh there is nothing more disheartning than to wake up, check nba.com and see that the Lakers lost to one of the worst road teams in the nba

Yes there is, you could have been forced to watch it.
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:30 AM   #21
GMW
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash
Yes there is, you could have been forced to watch it.
true, it would have been worse had I stayed up till 6.30 am to watch it...

thanks that cheered me up.
GMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 10:04 AM   #22
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Fortunately, I missed the game last night. I was out to dinner with my wife and some good friends. When I got home around late last night, I was absolutely shocked to see the score. I was so disappointed that I did not even turn on the computer to see what was up.

I guess the Lakers character will be tested once again this season.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #23
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
Lamar Odom was wheezing. Derek Fisher was hobbling around on a bad hoof. Sasha Vujacic and Ronny Turiaf couldn't find the basket.

Quote:
They hoist a record 45 three-point shots and lose to lowly Grizzlies, 114-111, despite Kobe's 53.

WTF was up with the Machine? He was chucking up 3's like no other....
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 05:15 PM   #25
hotsizzle
Superstar

All about the defense. Yes the offense wasn't as good as it had been but there were shots for us and we didn't make them. We cant just rely on the offense always being there..the one constant we must bring night in and night out is DEFENSE...and we're not doing that right now
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 07:39 PM   #26
gts
Sons of Antartica

http://my.lakers.com/blogs/2008/03/2...s-post-game-2/

Quote:
Lakers vs. Grizzlies Post-Game
Published by Jeff Skibiski March 28, 2008 in Phil Jackson, Post-Game, Kobe Bryant, Sasha Vujacic, Chris Mihm and Luke Walton.

For the second game in a row, the Lakers lost to one of the league’s worst teams, falling 114-111 to the Grizzlies. Kobe Bryant had his best scoring night of the season, totaling 53 points, including 34 in the first half alone. However, Rudy Gay (28 points, 7 rebounds) and the rest of a scrappy Memphis bunch proved too much for the Lakers in the end, with L.A. botching a chance to launch a potential game-tying three pointer with 0.9 seconds left in the game.

After the game, Jackson said, “Well that was an unusual night from us. A lot of threes out there, a lot of raining shots. We came out with a purpose tonight, obviously, and I think it kind of dinted some of the other guy’s effort in the process, but it was good to see him attack, at least early.”

The Lakers launched 45 three pointers, making 15 of them, compared to two for 12 for Memphis. Although Sasha Vujacic was second to Bryant in scoring, it took him 14 three point attempts to reach the total.

After the game, Jackson said that attrition was partially to blame for the Lakers’ woes on defense.

“There’s some of that,” said Jackson. “I thought Fish wasn’t getting a good lift off his shot, he looked like he’s hesitant out there. We had a lot of opportunities, we just have to start setting up defensively. I mean we fouled three point shooters, 38 foul shots to give up on your own home court against a team that basically, that’s not their game to get to the foul line, their game is to shoot outside shots and run the ball.”

After three explosive games in a row, Lamar Odom finally cooled for the purple and gold, scoring only two points despite pulling down 11 rebounds and dishing out 11 assists. Jackson opted to sit Odom for much of the fourth quarter.

Jackson said, “I thought Luke was giving us a lift, and I thought that Lamar didn’t look like he was playing the right way so to speak, he wasn’t putting a lot of energy into it, he wasn’t as bouncy as I’d like to see him be. It was just a matter of getting guys out on the floor that we thought could function well against the zone.”
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: