Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-04-2008, 08:54 PM   #31
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Default Re: Upcoming Coach ! if you are BC!

Doug Collins.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:01 PM   #32
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Do you think theres a legit chance we can pry him away from broadcasting?
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 12:15 AM   #33
b4ball
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416
If any of you think a coach is going to turn the Raptors into a defensive team, you are ****ing retarded.

No matter how good the coach is, the fact of the matter is nobody on the Raptors outside of a couple players can play any type of D.

We need a coach that would implement an up tempo fast paced offense. Simple and plain.

And what exactly do we accomplish with an "up tempo fast pace offense" with JO, Bargs, Bosh, Calderon and Parker?

And how many of those types of teams make it anywhere in the playoffs, especially when they don't have the players to play that style of game?

I think before you call anybody retarded you need to look at the tools the Raptors have to work with, and I'm pretty comfortable telling you that we aren't built to play that style of game.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 02:12 AM   #34
Jalen5
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Night_Elf
I think Coach K is one of the top coaches anywhere but I can't see him taking the Raps job when he even turned down the Lakers job a few years ago. Now he can go around telling recruits "that's right son, I gave up a chance to coach Kobe Bryant to coach a kid like you..."

That is so true, yet makes me sad face =[

(I m going back to my corner n keep dreaming i guess)
Jalen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:54 AM   #35
huppcap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
To be fair, what could most coaches do with Memphis' roster anyways. Dumping Gasol for nothing should not result in wins. You're basically lumping yourself into the "armchair GM" group with your impressive use of hindsight anyway.

The point I was trying to make is that many in here are impatient and they criticize people who actually know more than they do suck as those running an organization or coaching a team like they could do a better job. There are a lot of stupid things and ideas proposed in here. Many in here were clamouring that Ivaroni was a great coach and he would be the guy to get them to the next level when he had only been an assistant coach; never a head coach. How the hell can you make that statement or even know? He had not proven anything to warrant those statements. I was stating at that time to give Mitchell a bit more time. Have a bit more patience.

Just like those in here clamouring after 20 games how Bargnani sucked. The jury is still out on how good he will become but he has improved with some patience and time. Shocking.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:30 PM   #36
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by huppcap
The point I was trying to make is that many in here are impatient and they criticize people who actually know more than they do suck as those running an organization or coaching a team like they could do a better job. There are a lot of stupid things and ideas proposed in here. Many in here were clamouring that Ivaroni was a great coach and he would be the guy to get them to the next level when he had only been an assistant coach; never a head coach. How the hell can you make that statement or even know? He had not proven anything to warrant those statements. I was stating at that time to give Mitchell a bit more time. Have a bit more patience.

Just like those in here clamouring after 20 games how Bargnani sucked. The jury is still out on how good he will become but he has improved with some patience and time. Shocking.

Fair enough. I had the opposite view as you regarding the whole Keep Mitchell/Hire Iavaroni debate but as it turns out, both options are would probably lead to mediocre results
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:42 PM   #37
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Do you think theres a legit chance we can pry him away from broadcasting?

I doubt it.

But he was very close to coming out to coach the Bulls this offseason so maybe there's a chance.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 09:40 AM   #38
huppcap
Local High School Star

Doug Collins?

What has he ever accomplished?

His last time coaching was in Washington and it blew up in his face. Perhaps it had something to do with Jordan meddling. I thought I heard he could not get along with some of his younger players.

Anyways, I can't see him being a great candidate.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 12:17 PM   #39
Student
Serious playground baller

Rumors about Messina and the Raptors

The european basketball sites and blogs certainly took their time with this one. This article was published on 5th of December in the website of La Stampa and it says that Ettore Messina will the new head coach of the Toronto Raptors in the next season.

The article says that the decision has already been made and it trying to explain in detail the background behind this, saying that there is very strong italian element in the Toronto Raptors which makes it the ideal starting for the first ever european head coach in an NBA team. The
beginning was Italian as well in the Draft Process where Andrea Bargnani was selected the overall number one of the 2006 Draft. Could this be the first for the head coach position in the NBA as well?

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumors.shtml
Student is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: