Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #16
IGOTGAME
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: really tho,whats Jeremy Lin's best case scenario statisticly when Melo n STaT return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Melo is going to help him a lot more than he will hurt him. Without Melo in the lineup, teams will throw their best wing defenders on him, and double team him more often.

The Heat can't throw Lebron on him if Melo is in the lineup.

you are really sipping the Kool Aid if you think they would need to put Lebron on him. Mario Chalmers would be more than adequate.

Quote:
The Ball will go through Lin like it has been the difference him forcing a little less(shooting) and passing/distributing a little more. Melo will take mad heat if he rocks the boat and ruins things coming back being a black hole..

Melo is prob gonna take a lot of heat if they start losing. But with BD and JR coming in this has become one of the most talented teams in the NBA. So they shouldn't start losing.

Now that they are running the system with a pg they may become an elite team(what everyone expected from day 1).

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 02-17-2012 at 12:21 PM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #17
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: really tho,whats Jeremy Lin's best case scenario statisticly when Melo n STaT return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
you are really sipping the Kool Aid if you think they would need to put Lebron on him. Mario Chalmers would be more than adequate.

Lots of teams have been throwing bigger defenders on him. Miami put Lebron on Rose. Why wouldn't they do it to Lin if he is running around causing havoc (assuming Melo is not playing)?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #18
IGOTGAME
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Lots of teams have been throwing bigger defenders on him. Miami put Lebron on Rose. Why wouldn't they do it to Lin if he is running around causing havoc (assuming Melo is not playing)?

Rose and Lin are not near the same animal. One is a lot better at playing basketball. They are not gonna have Lebron chasing over 100 ball screens when Chalmers can do the same thing just as easily.

Lebron is needed to shut down Rose. Heat team defense will be just fine against Lin.

What is gonna hurt Lin is when people start having time to gameplan. No one has time to game plan in the NBA usually, but even moreso with this compressed schedule. When teams start forcing him left and going under screens or hard hedging some of the weaknesses will show. Then you will see the difference between an nice above average passer/distributor and some of the games best. *If Monty Williams had time to gameplan, I wouldn't be surprised if his Hornets show some of the weaknesses. I'm not sure who is currently on their team etc...so I can't say more about the game. Seems like they are vastly overmatched.

When they hard hedge you will see bad decisions because of a lack of ability to make passes from different angles over bigger players. And when they go under the screen, you will see bad decision making or he will be smart and just swing the ball creating no offense. Then gradually the Lin show will disappear and we have a guy who has some stuff to work on but is a starting caliber pg, if he starts playing defense and works on his turnovers.

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 02-17-2012 at 12:29 PM.
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:30 PM   #19
christian1923
Good college starter

15 and 11
christian1923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #20
Kingwillball
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Rose and Lin are not near the same animal. One is a lot better at playing basketball. They are not gonna have Lebron chasing over 100 ball screens when Chalmers can do the same thing just as easily.

Lebron is needed to shut down Rose. Heat team defense will be just fine against Lin.

What is gonna hurt Lin is when people start having time to gameplan. No one has time to game plan in the NBA usually, but even moreso with this compressed schedule. When teams start forcing him left and going under screens or hard hedging some of the weaknesses will show. Then you will see the difference between an nice above average passer/distributor and some of the games best. *If Monty Williams had time to gameplan, I wouldn't be surprised if his Hornets show some of the weaknesses. I'm not sure who is currently on their team etc...so I can't say more about the game. Seems like they are vastly overmatched.

When they hard hedge you will see bad decisions because of a lack of ability to make passes from different angles over bigger players. And when they go under the screen, you will see bad decision making or he will be smart and just swing the ball creating no offense. Then gradually the Lin show will disappear and we have a guy who has some stuff to work on but is a starting caliber pg, if he starts playing defense and works on his turnovers.

Wow, you are hoping the Lin show fades away.. However, he is here to stay cause he can Ball flat out.. He is a Good player and all the so called weaknesses he has he will also have time to improve and get better at.. It goes both ways. He is a hard worker and I doubt he will be complacent. He will be coached up and add some new tricks to his arsenal as teams try to take away another part of his game.
Kingwillball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #21
La Frescobaldi
I brick nerf balls

This is THE question of the Knicks right here. Just like I been saying all season long from day 1.

If that coach don't get Carmelo Anthony under control and playing team ball, the Knicks < 0.

Now the new guard has thrown out the olive branch right up front & to me this is very positive news:

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...armelo-anthony

Anthony better get on that team's program and GET IN HIS ROLE - which is ONE FREAKING FORWARD ON A TEAM - who can finish offensively - and he better get his main focus on defense not on scoring - or be fail forever.

Brutal fact for this Knicks team - the best way to win is for Anthony to set post screens for Chandler & Stoudamire AND GET HIS @$$ OFF THE PERIMETER

The THREAT of an elite scorer is always more dangerous than scoring and Anthony doesn't know that fact.

The Knicks have opportunity right here - a great outside threat, 2 forwards who can finish, a center who can destroy opposing team's offense in the paint - but that coach has got to get egos aligned.

If Coach can make those things happen he will rank up there with Sharman, Riley & K.C.J. to me
La Frescobaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: