Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Default Re: New Jersey Nets 2011-12 Post game thread

It seems like playoffs are a distant dream at this moment. Hopefully we get a top 4-7 pick, and can either use it for ourselves or as trade bait. But we need to head into Brooklyn with a competetive roster, otherwise we will lose Dwill, and be forced to rebuild for another several years. It seems like we have been rebuilding ever since Kidd left in 2008, and we still haven't made the playoffs.

Ugh. So Deron showed up today, played his heart out in the 4th but no one else stepped up. We lose to a Piston team that was 1-12 on the road and on top of that, we got another injury with Keith Bogans (didnt look good, might be out for a while).

I just want it to be after All Star weekend already.

Well thats the problem we have right now, Deron shows up and then the other players became cold... Losing the lowly Pistons was bad...

Our defense needs to change immediately. How can we go down by 30 against the Pistons, this is just downright sad. Aside from having a poor offense we need to shape up on defense. Granted we have complete scrub centers who NOBODY in the league fears, we cannot allow everyone to score on us. Can't wait until Lopez gets back.

Well, now we have to come in term's and realize Play-off's are not likely.
    The team is starting to get healthy but it is pretty much to late.
    Trade deadline is approaching and it is looking likely Howard to the Net's.
    I wish we could fast forward to next season.

   

just a brief note about the chase for D12:
    [quote]Does this sound like a guy who's getting ready to leave Orlando?

"I want to lead this team and be that guy. Kobe (Bryant) is that guy for the Lakers, Carmelo (Anthony) is that guy for the Knicks and (Michael) Jordan was the guy for the Bulls,

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    just a brief note about the chase for D12:

i've had concerns for some months now about where dwight's head is. he keeps alternating between the "i insist upon being traded" statements and the "actually, i'd like to make things work here in orlando" statements and i'm getting tired of it.

he's also made himself a relative laughingstock by calling out his teammates when they no longer give a crap what he says, as well as recently pouting about touches in the 4th quarter in a game that made sense for others to have the ball (because they were scoring and winning the game for the magic).

bottom line-- dwight is flirting with being a narcissistic knucklehead in my book, and i've never wanted such players on my team regardless of their talent level. no allen iversons. no carmelo anthonys.
    I have a feeling if the Nets weren't in the chase for Howard... Deron wouldbe the same way. He has been a lot more patient than he was in Utah.

It's very annoying that Dwight changes his attitude about staying every week. It gets annoying how these ****ing reporters keep asking him every interview about it though. I hope he doesn't get traded this season, so that next season we can sign him. And choose what we want to do with Lopez.

To be honest if I was Dwight, I would try my best to leave as a free agent. The team we can have around him and Deron would be much greater than after we make a trade for him.
    I hope we dont gut our roster just for a top 8 team in the east.

In free agency we could have a great team plus we would get a top pick in the draft and keep guys like Brook's and trade Lopez for a player like Igoudala.

Get well soon Brook.

I'm calling a win today. The Nets only lost in the last couple of minutes against a tough western conference team. The Pacers have been struggling big time. They have lost 5 in a row. They are putting up 93ppg while allowing 102.2ppg in those 5 losses. The Nets dont score a lot so 93 looks like a nice number! The Pacers are most likely without Danny Granger. Their have been reports that they may have him back. Just our luck with the Bulls getting Rose back on the day they play and NJ and the Spurs getting Manu against NJ. We'll see. Deron has been lighting it up and Marshon is coming off his best statistical game since returning from injury. Farmar is likely to come back tonight as well. If Deron can continue to produce and Hump comes back strong from yesterday's preformance. I see a win!

granger did play. Not only did he light us up. He made huge plays in the fourth. :/

We beat the best team in the NBA and no ones here to celebrate?

I missed the game but hot damn its a good day when the Nets win, especially the league leading Bulls.

Im excited, we won against the best team and Lopez is gonna start tomorrow

Woot Lopez is going up against a last string Center. Perfect transition. I hope he gets fed early on. Should be a win with a Bucks depleted roster.