Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The NBA Statistics of the Great Vassilis Spanoulis: Europe's best player

[QUOTE=Droid101]1995

Default Re: The NBA Statistics of the Great Vassilis Spanoulis: Europe's best player

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Sabonis was not MVP of Euroleague. Why do you lie so much all the time?

He was MVP of stages of the season. The award does not even exist anymore because it was not even a real award. Once Euroleague realized people in the USA actually took it as a season MVP award they cancelled it.

Because idiots like you could not even grasp it was just for a month of the season.

The actual MVP of Euroleague was never anyone named Sabonis. The actual MVP of Euroleague award did not even exist until after Sabonis was retired. But of course little things like facts do not matter to you.

Do you think it makes you look cute to just throw around all these lies all the time and pass them off as facts?
    Show me proof I'm wrong, and I'll stop.

As for Sabonis, here's proof he was the MVP of the Euroleague:

Euroleague Regular Season MVP award winners (2001-04):

FIBA SuproLeague 2000-01*

Nate Huffman

ULEB Euroleague 2000-01*

Dejan Tomašević

2001-02

Mirsad T

http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...m?clubcode=PAN

In 1996, legends Panagiotis Giannakis, Dominique Wilkins and Fragiskos Alvertis came together and secured the first Euroleague title by a Greek team.

[QUOTE=Droid101]1995

Hey dumb ass. You better provide proof that the refs did not rig the Euroelague final and proof that Wilkins did not play the 4 games of the Greek League final.
    You better provide proof that the refs DID rig the Euroleague final.

You better provide proof.
    Not some lies from Wikipedia.

Because I am done with being called a liar by dishonest people like you. Making the whole forum think I am a troll and a liar. You just lied about everything and made it all up. Everything you posted is a lie.

So, you better provide proof it being true real quick. Otherwise we are going to have the site owner decide on what to do about it. No more am I going to accept people lying here and then saying I am the liar when they get called on it.

The true facts can be given to Jeff and then he can decide on what to do with you since you so brazenly presented lies as truth here and then dared to claim I lied about it, when I posted the truth only.

I'm not playing these games with losers like you anymore.
    You are a liar until you post a link with supporting facts about the things you post.

I don't care if it's in Greek, that's what Google Translate is for.

[QUOTE=Droid101]Show me proof I'm wrong, and I'll stop.

As for Sabonis, here's proof he was the MVP of the Euroleague:

Euroleague Regular Season MVP award winners (2001-04):

FIBA SuproLeague 2000-01*

Nate Huffman

ULEB Euroleague 2000-01*

Dejan Toma

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

damn, parker had 2 MVP's ?

What the hell is wrong with you? The Euroleague MVP award did not exist until 2005. Sabonis was never Euroleague MVP moron. And you just posted a link that even confirms that idiot.
    It was called the Euroleague Regular Season MVP.

Did you not visit the link provided? It explains it all there.

The award did exist. It was just called something different and they had a separate one for the Euroleague Top 16 MVP. They consolidated them into one award after 2004.

Really man, do you know so little?

I will repeat it one last time and then I will let the site owner deal with it. He can decide what he wants to do with the endless level of lies that have taken over this forum and how anyone calling them out gets attacked.

Wilkins' team won the Euroleague final in 1996. In a game that was rigged by the refs. Google Barcelona Panathinaikos Euroleague 1996 shot clock violation Stanko Vrankovic. Wilkins I believe was MVP of final four of Euroleague....again one that was rigged by the refs for his team to win.

Wilkins won the Greek Cup and was the MVP of it.

Wilkins lost the Greek Championship (the Greek League) Finals by 3-2 in a 5 game series. He played the first several games of the series.

His team, Panathinaikos lost to Olympiacos. The MVP of the Greek League was Gerogios Sigalas.

Now, if people continue to dispute these facts here, then they will have to explain it to the site owner. Because I have had enough of people making up lies here, and then those same people calling me a liar and having others in the forum believe it, and then continue to think I am a liar, when it is the other people that are lying.

I have had it.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 09-01-2011 at 03:06 PM.

Spanoulis lol. Thought he was T-Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    It was called the Euroleague Regular Season MVP.

Did you not visit the link provided? It explains it all there.

The award did exist. It was just called something different and they had a separate one for the Euroleague Top 16 MVP. They consolidated them into one award after 2004.

Really man, do you know so little?
    You are either an incredible level troll or a true drooling retard. Sabonis was not Euroleague MVP. Yet you claimed he was. You lied.

That award did not exist until 2005.

Sabonis was MVP of a MONTH OF THE SEASON.

The Euroleague realized that idiots like you in USA were thinking those awards were season MVPs and so they cancelled them and eliminated them.

The rules of the season MVP award. THE RULES to even qualify to even be eligible to the award - those rules the freaking rules to even be a candidate. Sabonis did not meet even a single one of them.

He would not even be a candidate for the award under the rules.
    And yet you continue to lie and falsely claim he was "Euroleague MVP". You then post a Wikipedia link that confirms what I am telling you, and yet claim it is backing the lies you say.

This shit is not funny anymore. Stop it now.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 09-01-2011 at 03:08 PM.

I'm open minded.
    96 was quite a debacle:

http://forums.interbasket.net/f11/wh...996-9337/#post

Banned

Bull shit lies again from Americans in Wikipedia.

He played 4 out of the 5 games in the Greek Finals. Once again, you use lies from Wikipedia, probably posted by you yourself to distort the truth here.
    Truly pathetic.
    Is it a lie that Spanoulis only shot 17% from behind the arc in the NBA and averaged as many turnovers as he did assists?

Wilkins' team won the Euroleague final in 1996. In a game that was rigged by the refs. Google Barcelona Panathinaikos Euroleague 1996 shot clock violation Stank Vrankovic. Wilkins I believe was MVP of final four of Euroleague....again one that was rigged by the refs for his team to win.
    Okay, here are the links I found:
    http://www.euroleague.net/history/50...609/paris-1996

In the breathtaking final, Panathinaikos beat Barcelona by a single point, 67-66, on a last-minute blocked shot by Stojko Vrankovic to secure the first title for a Greek team.
    This link says it was shady for both sides, in fact, points out that Barca got more benefits of the bad refereeing:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA_Eu...league_history

1996 proved to be one of the most controversial finals to any European club competition. Greek side Panathinaikos pulled off the coup of the season by signing former NBA star Dominique Wilkins, but it was Croatian center Stojko Vranković who decided the Final Four.

The 218 cm ran the length of the court to block Barcelona's Jose Montero's lay-up attempt in the last second to seal the win for Panathinaikos. Although the block looked like a possible goal-tend, no call was made and Panathinaikos were the first ever Greek champions. Although this would seem to indicate that a goal tend call should have been made, the situation is less than clear. In fact, numerous violations occurred in the last seconds of the game, none of which were called by the referees. Panathinaikos had ball possession and with 8 seconds remaining in the game clock, Panathinaikos guard Panagiotis Giannakis lost the ball (possibly after being fouled, though no call was made). As players from both teams struggled to gain possession, the shot clock was renewed illegally (since the ball was in possession of neither team, a shot clock violation should have been called against Panathinaikos, meaning that the game should stop and resume with an inbound pass for Barcelona). The situation was further exacerbated by the fact that the game clock stuck at 4.9 seconds for about 6 seconds, thus allowing Barcelona nearly ten seconds of play.

I found some forum dorks arguing about it. Here's the most rational response:
    http://forums.interbasket.net/f11/wh...the-1996-9337/

Q: Who should have won the 96 Euroleague finals?

A: Two answers.

By the book: Propably panathinaikos. When the clock stops, the game should stop. Barca shoud get the ball for a 4.9 sec offense. Thats what they actually did, since after the block, barca resets the offense , the clock is still stopped, and they have around 5 sec to carry the offense.

Subjective opinion: Panathinaikos. The last 2 minutes of the game are probably the worst officiating by referees in a euroleague final.

That's all I have time for right now.

Basically, you're still a liar.

It was NOT a Euroleague MVP award. There was no Euroleague MVP award until 2005.

Sabonis won an equivalent of a monthly MVP award.

And in fact, he did not even qualify to be a candidate under the MVP rules of the league.

So it is a pure lie for Droid101 to keep claiming he was "MVP of the Euroleague" when he actually was not.

It's like saying an NBA player of the month was "the NBA MVP". It's a lie and the guy just keeps saying it over and over.
    U MAD?