Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 09-01-2006, 12:44 PM   #256
littlericky
Can barely lace up my sneakers

[quote=JacobTheButcher]Gotta give Baby Shaq his due. He murdered us. The Clippers are lucky to have him...

I heard He won't play for the Clippres b/c He just signed a multimillion contract w/ a team in Greece.
littlericky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:48 PM   #257
sixty
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Shogun, you really need to STFU. You're no expert in international relations and it shows. Typical ugly American. Tsk, tsk.

Thank you.
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:54 PM   #258
axilmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
WRONG.

The USA was defeated because they haven't played together for years like the other countries AND we don't send our very best players, like you guys do.

And the players of my country have not been playing together that much. They are together actually 2 years.

Quote:
Do you think your team would have beaten a lineup of Kidd, Bryant, McGrady, Duncan, O'Neal?

Maybe we could not defeat Kidd, Bryant, McGrady, Duncan and O'Neal...but that is a big maybe.

If the players you refer to had no chemistry between them, then we could beat you.

But that is not the point...the players you mentioned had a chance in the past to win the gold medal, but they failed, and thus deemed unsuitable for this championship by your coaches.

Furthermore, if your team has the 3 best players of the world (Melo, James, Wade), you should have won.

Quote:
Get the **** out of here.

ts ts ts...temper temper. You should learn how to lose, just like the rest of us.
axilmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 12:55 PM   #259
littlericky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobTheButcher
Greece has played good ball no doubt. But what the hell makes you think Greece will beat us? What proven talents do they have?

USA by at least 15

Greece team has no talent, they just play as a team
Old 09-01-2006, 01:05 PM   #260
axilmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlericky

Oh, they do.

The PG Diamantidis has long arms. He is first in steals, very good rebounder, he can block shots.

The SG Papaloykas has also long arms. He is good at stealing the ball, he is very good in driving to the basket, he can slam dunk the ball almost like Wane (he did not do it in this game, but he has in previous games). He also has very good pass.

The other SG/PG Spanoulis has a very strong drive, good 3 point shot, and he is very fast.

Our forwards Kakioyzis and Tsartsaris are not very strong, but they have inside and outside shooting.

Our big center "baby Shaq" Sofoklis Schortsianitis has a big body that he can manage very good, thus opening the lanes. He also has very good shot from the foul line.

Your team has 3 players that are better than all our players: Melo, James and Wade. But the rest of your players are average, to say the least.
axilmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:09 PM   #261
don juan de marco
Local High School Star

hey im not bias and im from USA california to be exact and i wanted USA to lose only bcuz i want the best out there like kobe and tmac..but it is true we keep losing bcuz we keep having the bums want to play like jamison lol..gilbert was chased out and he was a good shooter but we for some strange reason wanted to keep jamison..
don juan de marco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:15 PM   #262
littlericky

Quote:
Originally Posted by axilmar
Oh, they do.

The PG Diamantidis has long arms. He is first in steals, very good rebounder, he can block shots.

The SG Papaloykas has also long arms. He is good at stealing the ball, he is very good in driving to the basket, he can slam dunk the ball almost like Wane (he did not do it in this game, but he has in previous games). He also has very good pass.

The other SG/PG Spanoulis has a very strong drive, good 3 point shot, and he is very fast.

Our forwards Kakioyzis and Tsartsaris are not very strong, but they have inside and outside shooting.

Our big center "baby Shaq" Sofoklis Schortsianitis has a big body that he can manage very good, thus opening the lanes. He also has very good shot from the foul line.

Your team has 3 players that are better than all our players: Melo, James and Wade. But the rest of your players are average, to say the least.

I watched the game. I know they have talent. I was just making fun of that quote. That Baby Shaq is a MONsTER
Old 09-01-2006, 01:30 PM   #263
jody
High school junior varsity star

the 04 team had duncan and iverson, 2 NBA MVPs. they did not win.

what makes anybody think that just sending the best players will be an automatic tournament win now? it probably won't anymore.
jody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:14 PM   #264
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

Quote:
Please, please...

To support other teams doesnīt main to hate usa.
The rest of the world, where i live, support this teams because we are a little beat tired of: "Internationals donīt have talent. They are nonames. USA is gonna win by 20+...."
Basketball is not a property of USA, it is property of people who plays it.
And donīt be worried you are still in the world elite. USA is a basketball powerhouse (one of a handfull).

And please, donīt repeat the same aguments than in 2002 and 2004. One day or another you are gonna win a big championship (world, olimpycs), just the same like Argentina won in 2004, Yugoslavia in 2002...

No, comprehend better. I don't understand how you can root so much against the US where you are laughing and cheering their downfalls when at the same time, you are a fan of the NBA. Rooting for your home country to beat the US is one thing, but cheering each downfall is another.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:43 PM   #265
brwnman

Chris Sheridan owns you all, his first prediction of Bronze came true... hahaha... he really owns even though he changed it to silver...

Go Spain...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 03:46 PM   #266
problym_chyld04
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty
Yes.

MVP of the NBA is a Canadian (how funny is that?).

Runner up for the MVP is from Germany.

Not for quite some time now.

USA has great players with bad attitude, so we agree?

Stop with this IF bussines. The funny thing is a lot of non-american players like Nowitzky, Arroyo, Nocioni,... can't wait to play for their country. You can't say the same for USA players. And their attitude is

I got nothing on 1992 team, they were great.

Stop with the if bussines....

You know I can do this too:

Bryant would shoot 29% from the field.

O'Neal would shoot 15% from the free throw line and fouled out in 12 minutes.

McGrady would broke his nail and call it a day.

BTW: If Slovenia had Vujacic we would get gold

Here you go:

great post, but IDK about that Vujacic and Slovenia comment. I'm from the U.S. and I was expecting Greece to cause USA some problems because of their defense. I wish that the US had access to watching more world basketball than just being stuck overhere watching all NBA games just so that we could see a broader base of talent in other countries other than just over here, and I agree with whoever that was that said that the NBA game's just watered down w/ Wade and James going to the line and expecting a foul everytime and going to the line just because of the star power these refs are giving them nowadays; take it back to how these games were being called in the early 80s-mid 90's

Last edited by problym_chyld04 : 09-01-2006 at 03:51 PM.
problym_chyld04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 04:01 PM   #267
Rampis
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon
Don't be jealous that the US is #1. We won't always be. Nothing lasts. But for now... we are. Get over it.
Better use your brain when making a statement like this and not your ass!

If I'm not mistaken Greece and Spain will play for the right to be #1 in the world on Sunday!

US is at best #3 - If they can win against Argentina!
Rampis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 04:09 PM   #268
Rampis
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlericky
Didn't the Detroit Pistons win a championship against the Laker better individual talent for that very same reason... Playing as a team?

Last time I checked basketball is a team sport... At least the real basketball is, not the circus that we watch in the NBA!
Rampis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: