Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-08-2012, 01:54 AM   #16
kobe080
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Enough is Enough!

Nah, I would be very shocked if we dont make any deals before the deadline.
Some deals will happen....or Kobe will go ballistic lol

Not using Amnesty makes sense as we still have next season and watching what happens with MWP makes sense at this point.
We have to pay him anyway so why Amnesty him, when its hard to expect what will come out of him in the playoffs?
Not using amnesty on Walton also makes sense since his expiring contract next year will be a valuable asset.
Not sliding Kobe to 3 makes sense too, since he is like 33 and he will be asking to guard players like Durant, Lebron, Gay etc. He cannot do that anymore.

We just need to make a use of our Trade exception, 2 1st round picks.

Something will happen..... they better happen soon.
I just cannot watch our bench not producing anything on the road and blowing our leads every time.
We need some instant scoring off the bench.
Like JR Smith, Harden-ish type of guys. Beasley will fit in so well.....jeez.
Can T-wolves please give us Beasley for a 2nd rd pick???? :)
kobe080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:39 AM   #17
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

lol....lost to the washington wizards?

how low can the lakers go?
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:54 AM   #18
talkingconch
College superstar

Yea this is bad, this kinda overshadows any major win we get down the road at home...unless we go on some major road winning streak which is highly unlikely with the bench production we have.

If no trades are made, then that's okay i guess, I'm prepared for mediocrity for some time, after winning back 2 back's and making the finals 3 straight years it was inevitable
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #19
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
It has become clear to me from reviewing the past few rumors + the vetoed trade that the lakers really aren't thinking finals right now. That trade exception we received, I'm guessing it'll expire, and it'll come off the books as salary relief.

What we as fans are missing is the pattern. We keep hating on our management for shedding salary. Didn't you notice by the beasley rumor and sessions rumor, that other teams are trying to shed salary too?

I am asking you, as a laker fan, what do you want them to do if no other team is adding salary? What do you want to accomplish by adding players and salary, to already the most expensive payroll, if it is not even guaranteed we'd win a championship? You're asking the lakers to add at least another 10 million to the salary, meaning an extra 20 million for luxury tax, for players (beasley, sessions) that won't necessarily even bring us back to contention.

You have to be reasonable. Yes, we have the worst 1 and 3 in the league. You can't win them all dude. This team reached the finals 3 years in a row. Added a lot of mileage. Don't expect this group to win another title. Good thing is, we have two projected mid-first round picks with the lakers and mavericks not doing so good this season. Perhaps they can look to improve those positions through the draft. We'll see.

Good post.

Now, looking at it from a business perspective, you're right. We already have the highest payroll in the league. Why add more? If YOU TRULY BELIEVE AND DON'T CARE ABOUT WINNING, then why add more players when you have all that money coming in from bean himself.

But by god. YOU'RE ALREADY RICH!! Lakers make a TON OF MONEY and I'm pretty sure a couple million wouldn't make or break these guys. Especially for a basketball fan.

Look at mark Cuban. Where EVERY1 is shedding salary, he TOOK on salary, because he wanted to put out a competitive team put there. He cares about winning.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #20
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

We just suck on the road. Calm down. I mean if there ever was a the "Dark Horse" or the sleeper, then it's this Laker team. Management is already doing the best they can, it's not their fault Stern killed the CP3 deal. "Get Beasley, Sessions, Mayo," easier said than done. Not all teams are willing to take garbage for their players. Be patient, moves will be made when the time is right.

Oh yeah, and Mike Brown is the coach....
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 03:08 PM   #21
Da Kobester
I brick open layups

Nuff said i cannot tolerate this nonsense inconsistent play anymore home (17-2)vs road (6-14) jeckyl & hyde behavoir look guys this aint no chinese algebra all we's gotta do is disassemble this laker team everybody not named kobe or Andrew's (that Goudelouck is a promising player) and see what we can get for gasoft? Obviously this team ain't going far except (1st round exit).
Da Kobester is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: