Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: So what exactly separates Isiah Thomas from Dwyane Wade?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    It's a completely misleading stat, and shouldn't be used for what you are trying to prove.

Example: for most of the year, Deron Williams had the worst +/- on the Nets. Does that mean he is the worst Net, and should be taken off the floor?

There were times this year when Landry Fields would go 0-2, 1 rebs, 0 asts, and then end up with like a +10. He didn't do a damn thing on the floor but still had a great +/- rating.
    did you read what he just wrote or not

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by jrong
    * Thomas's 3 pt%, like all players from that era, is likely inflated due to the "line-shortened years."

i thought this was gonna be a good, sober debate, but i see now, only 1/3 into your post, that you're a homer. did you even bother to do research, or did you just guess half of those "facts"?

line was shortened for the 1994-1995, 1995-1996 and 1996-1997 seasons. thomas retired in 1994.

NBA Superstar

only youthful ignorance would put Wade over Isiah. Zeke led teams beat Bulls, Celtics, and Lakers teams during their dynasty era.

How anybody could put Wade over Thomas is beyond common sense.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Jrong, as pointed above, when exactly do you think the 3pt line was shortened?

And Shaq in 06 was still a very viable player.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ikill
    Wade was injured
    And still played in over fifty games. That excuse doesnt work.

Lol 15 wins and you cats wanna compare this wheelchair riding pansy to a boss like Zeke?

Wade is a great player, no doubt.

But I'll take Thomas without hesitating. It has nothing to do with stats, and everything to do with watching both players play the game.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    isiah didnt retire in his prime. Wade is still in his. Compare the stats through isiah's 9th year how bout?
    Buddy. Wade stats are only going to go down from here. It's been going down ever since 2009.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I'd say the main fact that separates them is scoring. Isiah was a PG that is true, but he he was a pg that took a lot of shots...the only problem is, the damn guy just WASN'T EFFICIENT. Everyone likes to bring up the 80s and how it was more fast paced and easier to score...well apparently it wasn't for Isiah because the only damn time he was efficient for an entire season was in 86. You all want to say Isiah was a pg but the guy averaged 16.2 shot attempts a game for his career...so he liked to shoot obviously. He only averaged 19.2ppg for his career because he just plain wasn't an efficient scorer in general. He has had some big heroic moments, but you have to look at these things by their career.

Wade only averages two more shots for his career at 18.3, but he does that to 25.2ppg. There is a monstrous disparity as far as scoring efficiency between the players and it is relevant considering how much Isiah liked to shoot. Isiah has those heroic moments as I've said before, but the disparity in scoring is way too much too overcome. I'd also say Wade was the better defensive player too at that. It also doesn't help Isiah's case that Wade has been one of the better passers at SG throughout history and even was a pretty good facilitator when he had to be. It seems like a lot of people forget that Wade pretty much had to run the offense for the Heat for most of his career. He's been one of the most well rounded guards of all time.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 06-25-2012 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    And still played in over fifty games. That excuse doesnt work.

Lol 15 wins and you cats wanna compare this wheelchair riding pansy to a boss like Zeke?
    Wade was too injured to carry the team its not an excuse its a fact it really doesn't matter how many games he played in. You are clearly ignorant about Wade and the Heat in 2008 most were saying he was done. Wade was able to get even worse teams to the playoffs the next two years so he clearly had the ability to carry teams. Overall using that 15 win season against Wade is pointless