Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-02-2007, 12:40 AM   #46
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Rockets @ Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Why didnt Francis play?

sore back. screw all this fouls crap, what the hell happened to our bench? did we miss steve that much? no excuse to lose to the kings when the rockets are suppose to be contenders.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:42 AM   #47
Darkthug
I hit open layups

Darkthug has no real reputation yet.

Heard commentators say francis is injured or something. Also fouled out plus one tech is an ejection, me thinks.
Darkthug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:45 AM   #48
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Steve Francis didn't play, because he has a bruised tailbone (Adelman probably thought this game would be in that bag and then Francis would have until Wednesday to heal up)............If anybody was paying attention during the GS game, you'd remember the play that Francis bruised his tailbone on......it effected him for the rest of the game.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:45 AM   #49
artest 93
Local High School Star

artest 93 has decent reputationartest 93 has decent reputation

Hail the Houston Rockets.

Todays game proved that tmac would still be a 30+ppg scorer without another star like yao.

but really, i dont catch many rockets games and i really dont know what they need to do. all i know is alston needs to die.
artest 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:46 AM   #50
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
sore back. screw all this fouls crap, what the hell happened to our bench? did we miss steve that much? no excuse to lose to the kings when the rockets are suppose to be contenders.

Foul crap is the concern we will never be elite if our 2 superstar got treated like rookies with no respect, even T-mac go to the basket and never get a call, a random roll player go to the basket and barely get touch and go to the line.

All elite teams got love form the officiating. Spurs, Mavs, Phx, Utah. etc.

Houston is treated like a team full of rookies.

Bench, 3 point shooting, defense, etc can be fix by the rockets. Officiating is out of Houston reach.

Its not just this game is every fricking game. And is not getting better Yao is worst and worst officiating every time.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 12:50 AM   #51
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets

cosign

This team plays down to opponents (no offence King fans....great win on y'alls part) and then turn around and play up to their potential against the best teams in the league.

What this team is lacking (besides a consistent #3 scorer......hopefully Francis becomes that) is a freaking backbone/killer instinct and a "VOCAL" on the court leader.........these freaking "role players" (I really have a hard time calling them that) just get hypnotized by Yao and McGrady's play and think that those two guys are going to carry them to a win.

How the hell do you get a 40 and 5 night from McGrady and a 29 and 11 night from Yao..............and lose? There's no excuse for that, I mean if these guy's aren't going to score, atleast play some damn D on the other end......they did neither.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 12-02-2007 at 12:55 AM.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:00 AM   #52
Kings_Alex
Sugar K

Kings_Alex has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Yeah, he sure did hurt the court with that towel.
hey man, that's a brand new court, new logo, new wood, new color!
Kings_Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 01:47 AM   #53
DOMINATOR
Decent playground baller

DOMINATOR has an OK reputation so far

hope yao goes hard to the basket every time he gets the ball next game to show the bias. that was bull****.
rockets wont win **** with rafer/hayes/battier starting. adelman better change that soon or something very bad will blow up.
DOMINATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:11 AM   #54
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

For those who are complaining about the fouls, STFU. I was sitting 25 feet behind the Rockets bench, and I saw only 2 real missed calls when Yao was fouled. Otherwise, it was pretty even, as far as officiating goes. The kings just attacked more, and they got the calls. The rockets lost because they don't have anybody they can look to score beyond their big two, and they didn't go to Yao on the block as much in the second half like they did in the first half. Kings had only 5 turnovers, and the rockets PG's suck ass.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:00 AM   #55
MeatAndPotatoes
I hit open 5-footers

MeatAndPotatoes has an OK reputation so far

o wouldn't say the Rockets don't have people that can score...

Francis, could very well average 13 points this season
Scola, could average 8-12 points
Battier, 9 points
James, 9 points
Hayes, 5 points
alston, 6 points
bonzi, 8 points
mutombo, 1 points
head, 4 points
snyder, 6 points

these are considering that everybody's going to have their shots. alot of these playing are capable of alot more than this, but they're not going to get that many shots in their rotation.

tracy - 25 shots per
yao - 20 shots per

rest of team, 70 shots per game
MeatAndPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 05:04 AM   #56
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
For those who are complaining about the fouls, STFU. I was sitting 25 feet behind the Rockets bench, and I saw only 2 real missed calls when Yao was fouled. Otherwise, it was pretty even, as far as officiating goes. The kings just attacked more, and they got the calls. The rockets lost because they don't have anybody they can look to score beyond their big two, and they didn't go to Yao on the block as much in the second half like they did in the first half. Kings had only 5 turnovers, and the rockets PG's suck ass.

And we saw the game in TV with multiples angles and replays and slow motion. Are you going to tell me that Artest didn't flop multiple times. Are you going to tell me that the call over M.Moore wasn't the same that Artest over Yao and in one a charge was call and then a block was call the next time. Are you going to tell me that Artest only got 2 fouls (only one on T-Mac) when he was hand checking T-Mac the whole game and then Mike James get close to Gracia to put pressure on him and never touch him and get call for a foul, how about Udrih getting more calls than T-mac when drive in to the paint.

Houston role players play bad but the game was 99-94 with 3 minutes to go when Yao get foul out and call for a Tech.

I don't care about the results of the game but I just have enough to see other team Superstar get the love from the refs. but not even T-Mac can get a fare share. Is like the are just rookies trying to make a name for them self. Its not this game is the entire season. I fell bad about it but i think Houston need to learn how to flop more and see if they can get more calls probably ask Scola how to flop.

Last edited by el_locoteee : 12-02-2007 at 05:08 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:11 PM   #57
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by el_locoteee
And we saw the game in TV with multiples angles and replays and slow motion. Are you going to tell me that Artest didn't flop multiple times. Are you going to tell me that the call over M.Moore wasn't the same that Artest over Yao and in one a charge was call and then a block was call the next time. Are you going to tell me that Artest only got 2 fouls (only one on T-Mac) when he was hand checking T-Mac the whole game and then Mike James get close to Gracia to put pressure on him and never touch him and get call for a foul, how about Udrih getting more calls than T-mac when drive in to the paint.

Houston role players play bad but the game was 99-94 with 3 minutes to go when Yao get foul out and call for a Tech.

I don't care about the results of the game but I just have enough to see other team Superstar get the love from the refs. but not even T-Mac can get a fare share. Is like the are just rookies trying to make a name for them self. Its not this game is the entire season. I fell bad about it but i think Houston need to learn how to flop more and see if they can get more calls probably ask Scola how to flop.
Not only was I close, but they show replays on the big screen after almost every basket or foul. The refs didn't hand the game to the kings, but they did miss some calls (on both ends BTW). My point is that it wasn't as bad as people here are making it out to be, and you shouldn't say the refs were a main reason why the rockets lost the game, because they weren't.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:14 PM   #58
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatAndPotatoes
o wouldn't say the Rockets don't have people that can score...

Francis, could very well average 13 points this season
Scola, could average 8-12 points
Battier, 9 points
James, 9 points
Hayes, 5 points
alston, 6 points
bonzi, 8 points
mutombo, 1 points
head, 4 points
snyder, 6 points

these are considering that everybody's going to have their shots. alot of these playing are capable of alot more than this, but they're not going to get that many shots in their rotation.

tracy - 25 shots per
yao - 20 shots per

rest of team, 70 shots per game
Last night they had nobody step up and contrubute when they needed points, aside from T-Mac and Yao. Guys were missing outside shots, or not even penetrating besides Mac. They need another PG IMO. Alston and Head were terrible last night.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:40 PM   #59
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Not only was I close, but they show replays on the big screen after almost every basket or foul. The refs didn't hand the game to the kings, but they did miss some calls (on both ends BTW). My point is that it wasn't as bad as people here are making it out to be, and you shouldn't say the refs were a main reason why the rockets lost the game, because they weren't.

They are not the main reason but one of the reason. Biggest one Yao foul out and tech with the game 99-94 w/3 minutes. Other reason kings flopping and Houston Role players, but is hard to play defense when you can't get close to a King without getting call for a foul.
King did what they have to do, if they blowing the whistle then got to the paint and don't even care of making the basket just try to get a contact and go to the line or put Houston over the limited on fouls.
Like I said I never saw Artest flop so much in a game, he went from a great one on one defender to a black version of Manu Ginobili. And is not his fault the Refs only make the call when you flop and not in this game in all, but Houston doesn't have good enough flopper to combat other teams. T-Mac need to go and open his arm to get call like Kobe, Yao need to fly around like old Molone or like Amare the other game vs Orlando. When getting a rebound they need to flop if they got no chance of getting it, or lean to the defender like Davin Harris or Kevin Martin.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:17 PM   #60
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

3-8 IN THE LAST 11 GAMES I HATE SHANE BATTIER HAD ONLY 4 POINTS A OPEN JUMP SHOT &A WIDEEEEE OPEN LAYUP LAST THREE GAMES 4,5,6 POINTS THIS GUY IS NOT GOOD HES A COMBINATION OF RYAN BOWEN AND SCOTT PADGET BATTIER IS GARBAGE .
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: