Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Kevin Love, today: "I am a Cavalier long term"

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo

Why wouldn't we be?
    "we". Next year it'll be "they".

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Amazing that the Cavs are in this position. Three incredible talents on the same team longterm while the Knicks, Lakers and Celtics' respective futures remain cloudy at best. Has there been a shift away from the "prime" markets in the NBA or is this a unique situation that probably won't be seen again?

One thing is for sure... it's fun being a Cavs fan right now. It took a few weeks to work the kinks out but this team is good. And it's becoming fun to watch.
    I don't think all the kinks are worked out quite yet.

Our bench in particular has continued to be consistently underwhelming. If not for Mike Miller's contribution last night we may very well have lost that game.

I dunno wtf is up w/ Dion either. I don't think I saw him in the second half at all?

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

an article from last year
    Kevin Love says he loves being in Minnesota, wants to be there

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    I don't think all the kinks are worked out quite yet.

Our bench in particular has continued to be consistently underwhelming. If not for Mike Miller's contribution last night we may very well have lost that game.

I dunno wtf is up w/ Dion either. I don't think I saw him in the second half at all?
    Dion is really struggling right now. It is no longer just a "fit" thing because with him being moved to the bench, he actually has the freedom to create and attack the basket. That was the whole reason Blatt made the move, to give Waiters more responsibility when he's on the floor. Dion has responded by shelling up. The other thing is that his defensive effort is sporadic at best. He'll be solid one game and then a matador the next.

Let's face it... our young guys -- Kyrie, Dion and Tristan -- could go two ways with the increased attention and expectations. They could either raise their games, figure out how they fit and take advantage of the situation or shell up and shrink away from the spotlight. Kyrie has taken the challenge head-on, improved virtually every aspect of his game -- most notably on the defensive end -- and is playing the best basketball of his career. Tristan has been pretty good. Dion has shriveled up.

I don't know if it is the pressure or an attitude thing or what, but he looks like a shell of the player he was last year. He usually oozes confidence and attacks relentlessly, but he's having a real crisis of confidence right now... or he's pouting... or both. Whatever it is, it's not good.

I'm a big fan of Dion's game when he's got his head in it, but he looks totally detached right now. As the other guys look like they're growing closer every game, Dion looks like he's growing apart. He played nine poor minutes last night. Blatt had so little confidence in him, he went with Mike Miller in the second half, who had been out of the rotation completely. And, the fact that it worked out so well is more bad news for Dion.

I don't know what the future holds but his days in Cleveland could be numbered unless something changes drastically... and soon.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Dion is really struggling right now. It is no longer just a "fit" thing because with him being moved to the bench, he actually has the freedom to create and attack the basket. That was the whole reason Blatt made the move, to give Waiters more responsibility when he's on the floor. Dion has responded by shelling up. The other thing is that his defensive effort is sporadic at best. He'll be solid one game and then a matador the next.

Let's face it... our young guys -- Kyrie, Dion and Tristan -- could go two ways with the increased attention and expectations. They could either raise their games, figure out how they fit and take advantage of the situation or shell up and shrink away from the spotlight. Kyrie has taken the challenge head-on, improved virtually every aspect of his game -- most notably on the defensive end -- and is playing the best basketball of his career. Tristan has been pretty good. Dion has shriveled up.

I don't know if it is the pressure or an attitude thing or what, but he looks like a shell of the player he was last year. He usually oozes confidence and attacks relentlessly, but he's having a real crisis of confidence right now... or he's pouting... or both. Whatever it is, it's not good.

I'm a big fan of Dion's game when he's got his head in it, but he looks totally detached right now. As the other guys look like they're growing closer every game, Dion looks like he's growing apart. He played nine poor minutes last night. Blatt had so little confidence in him, he went with Mike Miller in the second half, who had been out of the rotation completely. And, the fact that it worked out so well is more bad news for Dion.

I don't know what the future holds but his days in Cleveland could be numbered unless something changes drastically... and soon.
    i think that Dion is just confused.. too much going on for him on the offensive side to fully grasp. I think he'll come around. He's at his best when he's playing disorganized ball and he can freelance. He's on too short of a leash to do that right now. I kinda almost want Blatt to just let Dion do what he does, but I know that isn't the right long term solution. It's going to take time. 3 different coaches in 3 years, and this year he has a ton of pressure to constantly make the right bball play.

I'm neither surprised or concerned about Dion's struggles, I just hope the cavs don't overreact and do something stupid like trading him from crap. They need that scoring off the bench especially if one of Kyrie, Lebron, or Love goes down.

NBA lottery pick

Of course he will. Unless the Cavs get moved to the West. Then him and Bron need to move to Miami together.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R.I.P.
    Of course he will. Unless the Cavs get moved to the West. Then him and Bron need to move to Miami together.
    Why the hell would the Cavs get moved to the west?

Love's been looking great the last few games. Honestly, the big 3 has looked really good. Last night they got 28, 27, and 26 pts

Love watching Love come up with rebounds that you think there's no way in hell

Kevin Love, today: "I am a Cavalier long term"
    Kevin Love, tomorrow: "I am a Cavalier mid term"
    Kevin Love, the day after tomorrow: "I am a Cavalier short term"
    Kevin Love, 3 more days: "Lakers 4 life"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    Kevin Love, today: "I am a Cavalier long term"
    Kevin Love, tomorrow: "I am a Cavalier mid term"
    Kevin Love, the day after tomorrow: "I am a Cavalier short term"
    Kevin Love, 3 more days: "Lakers 4 life"

Love colluding twice in a year?

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta

Kobe wouldn't collude. It's not like he went to dinner with Melo and Gasol and tried to get Melo to join

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta

2 superstars is not colluding, colluding is 3+ superstars

2+ = superteam

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    2 superstars is not colluding, colluding is 3+ superstars

2+ = superteam
    Good thing Kyrie isn't a superstar then

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    he alrdy is and will only get better

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Kyrie established himself as a superstar in his rookie season.

Deal with it!