Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Default Re: Mike D'antoni:Pau should be taking corner 3s

Seriously how retarded is D'antoni? Pau and Dwight should be able to work decently together on the low and high post. With Pau's passing and mid-range and Dwight's finishing. Pau can also actually hit free-throws down the stretch and has a vastly superior post game compared to Dwight. But you want him to ****ing shoot corner 3s?

I knew he was a bad coaching fit for this team, but I didn't know he was this ****ing stupid and stubborn. I thought Knicks fans were exaggerating, but my god this guy does not know how to adjust.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Lakers need to land Ryan Anderson

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Those comments alone should get him fired.

Hey, D'Antoni, Bonner for Gasol - have your stretch 4. What a waste of Gasol's talents - it's not like there are (m)any 7 footers with the kind of post skill that Gasol has.

I'd suggest that D'Antoni take a look at what Pop is doing with Duncan and Splitter (starting beside TD the past 4? games) but it's a bit different as DH plays so many minutes. DH is the problem - can't pass, can't shoot the jumper - not Gasol. DH and D'Antoni would do great together with a bunch of 3 point shooters (would've worked wonders with the old Phoenix team). Unfortunately, that doesn't describe the rest of LAL.

5-time NBA All-Star

Just an excuse to trade him for Bargani or Ryan Anderson. Pau is gone.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Hey, D'Antoni, Bonner for Gasol - have your stretch 4. What a waste of Gasol's talents - it's not like there are (m)any 7 footers with the kind of post skill that Gasol has.

I'd suggest that D'Antoni take a look at what Pop is doing with Duncan and Splitter (starting beside TD the past 4? games) but it's a bit different as DH plays so many minutes. DH is the problem - can't pass, can't shoot the jumper - not Gasol. DH and D'Antoni would do great together with a bunch of 3 point shooters (would've worked wonders with the old Phoenix team). Unfortunately, that doesn't describe the rest of LAL.
    I'd suggest looking at the last 30 years of basketball

Post up PF's and C's have been playing together since as long as I can remember.

Hell, Bynum and Pau played together.

D'antoni's system is a novelty and a joke.

edit: I agree though, he should look at the Spurs and their successful model
    Last edited by SCdac; 12-20-2012 at 02:31 PM.

No NBA team starts two centers because it's tough to make work while still having good outside attacking.
    In Memphis, yes, he was the de facto C, but the guy playing next to him wasn't a floor-stretcher. I don't remember his name but he was a bruiser. There was Stromile Swift and one other guy. LA won titles starting him at PF and Bynum at C, and even with a Pau-Odom-Artest frontcourt, all 3 of those guys like to be in the paint and post up.

The point isn't that D'Antoni thinks the offense is too slow or congested with two centers. The point is that he has a lot of talent, and he has no idea what to do with it, because it's not alley-oop or 3-jacking talent. That's a problem.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
    Seriously how retarded is D'antoni? Pau and Dwight should be able to work decently together on the low and high post. With Pau's passing and mid-range and Dwight's finishing. Pau can also actually hit free-throws down the stretch and has a vastly superior post game compared to Dwight. But you want him to ****ing shoot corner 3s?

I knew he was a bad coaching fit for this team, but I didn't know he was this ****ing stupid and stubborn. I thought Knicks fans were exaggerating, but my god this guy does not know how to adjust.
    He was also touted as an offensive genius who revolutionzed NBA basketball.

NBA Superstar

they really should get rid of Pau if they have to base their whole offense around him being in the post like he keeps acting. thing is even when you put him there he's so inconsistent, where he's 2-3 inconsistent games away from being the problem again, and not so much the offense. Pau has for a long time now been incredibly inconsistent where you can't rely on him game to game because he will disappear or play super soft. people want to blame the offense for Pau's issues but its him being weak mentally and physically.

D'Antoni is hilarious Of course when he's not coaching your team.

NBA rookie of the year

Pau should be the center. That's how the Lakers won championships, with Pau at the 5 and Lamar Odom stretching the four.

Dwight has an abysmal post game, and his athleticism seems to have gone.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Play Metta at 4, Kobe at 3, Meeks at 2. Let pau come off the bench as center

I hate this Lakers team. I hope they miss the playoffs and everything falls apart. Its the only way they fire that trash coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)

They should, but they haven't so far. Pau is shooting horrible because his mid-range shooting so far has been bad and so far HE HAS NOT BEEN GOOD IN THE POST.

People keep saying well they did this and that 3 season ago, but that was 3 seasons ago. Pau hasn't shown nearly the power, speed or quickness he had in 2010. He's shot bad and hasn't done well either when working the post.
    I don't know if Pau is overconfident or if he's hiding his bad play on the system but there's nothing about his play so far this season that suggests he should be getting the ball more. He's not shooting 41% for the year because he's been taking 3's, he's shooting 41% because he's been missing too much mid-range while getting dunks blocked by Glen Davis and what not, those things are on Pau and his injury, not anybody elses.

For the first time since he joined the team, I desperately want Pau traded. Almost any other team would put him to better use.