Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-18-2017, 03:35 PM   #1
Patrick Chewing
Save us Zion....or KD!

Default Dow rises 5,000 points in a year for the first time ever

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/18/dow-...twitter%7Cmain

Quote:
Traders work on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange. Tax bill driving market momentum
1 Hour Ago | 02:49
The Dow Jones industrial average just did something it has never done in its 121-year history.

The 30-stock average is now up more than 5,000 points in a year, marking its biggest annual-points gain ever. This following a 200-point rally Monday which sent it to an all-time high.

The Dow was also on track Monday to post 70 record closes in a year for the first time. To put that into perspective, about one of every four trading sessions this year has been a record close for the index.

The Dow, along with the S&P 500 and the Nasdaq composite, has had a banner year, rising 25.6 percent. The S&P 500 and Nasdaq are up 20.3 percent and 28.6 percent, respectively.

Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:45 PM   #2
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Default Re: Dow rises 5,000 points in a year for the first time ever

Worst President Ever!
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:48 PM   #3
TheGreatDeraj
Near-Life Experience

The New York Federal Reserve’s tool for forecasting gross domestic product (GDP) hit its highest point ever on Friday, pointing to a fourth-quarter GDP growth of 3.93 percent.

http://www.breitbart.com/economics/2...g-3-9-percent/

Things are looking up!
TheGreatDeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:54 PM   #4
fiddy
Raider of Rampage

Yall gullible AF. Never learn anything lmao
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:18 PM   #5
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

If only this helped the average American. Average American lives paycheck to paycheck with no raise in salary to account for tremendous increases in productivity or even inflation in the last 40 years. Yes, 40 years.

Chart shows rich continue to get richer due to massive tax cuts on the horizon. Trump from the top 1% of 1% got what he set out to do along with his family and billionaire buddies. What did the rest of you Trump boys get if you make less than 100k a year (which is most of Trumpeters)? I will wait.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:20 PM   #6
BigNBAfan
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
If only this helped the average American. Average American lives paycheck to paycheck with no raise in salary to account for tremendous increases in productivity or even inflation in the last 40 years. Yes, 40 years.

Chart shows rich continue to get richer due to massive tax cuts on the horizon. Trump from the top 1% of 1% got what he set out to do along with his family and billionaire buddies. What did the rest of you Trump boys get if you make less than 100k a year (which is most of Trumpeters)? I will wait.

Hey stupid, why not get rich instead of bitching 24/7 like your other mexican and/or anime friends?
BigNBAfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:27 PM   #7
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:

Life tip...

Instead of saying 'but what does this do for me?'...

Try making it do something for you.

Quote:
In 2018, your taxes will go down and your after-tax income will go up 1.3%.

Looking to 2027, your taxes will go up, pushing your after-tax income down 0.4%.

I got ^that^. That's married, bringing in 125k-225k. Et tu?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/13/politi...ill/index.html
UK2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:27 PM   #8
Patrick Chewing
Save us Zion....or KD!

Quote:

What this actually does is create more opportunities to FIND more jobs out there that perhaps may pay better. Instead of the average American staying put in the same menial job, the market has allowed for more business to come to this country and a lot more hiring to take place. The average American should be looking to advance himself, not wait for the government to give him a tax break.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:28 PM   #9
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigNBAfan
Hey stupid, why not get rich instead of bitching 24/7 like your other mexican and/or anime friends?

Sure, raise salaries across the board for work done rather than continue to cut taxes for those very wealthy who don't need it. You do realize your boy Trump now and Republican party as well has been trampling all over your sold-out ass and your mommy & daddy going back to the 70s?
Old 12-18-2017, 05:33 PM   #10
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Sure, raise salaries across the board for work done rather than continue to cut taxes for those very wealthy who don't need it. You do realize your boy Trump now and Republican party as well has been trampling all over your sold-out ass and your mommy & daddy going back to the 70s?

I just showed you my taxes are being cut, and I'm not 'very wealthy'.

Seriously... go to the website and calculate what the tax bill does for you, and come back and report.

I'm eager to hear how '****ed' you're getting.
Old 12-18-2017, 05:50 PM   #11
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:

The average employed American has an employer sponsored 401-K. Their savings have increased greatly this year even if they stopped contributing. The tax cuts will be icing on the cake.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 06:26 PM   #12
bladefd
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2K
Life tip...

Instead of saying 'but what does this do for me?'...

Try making it do something for you.

I got ^that^. That's married, bringing in 125k-225k. Et tu?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/13/politi...ill/index.html

Yeah, if only we all lived paycheck by paycheck.. I'm glad you don't, but what about the rest of America?

Here's a tip, tough guy..

Instead of letting special interests trample all over your ass year after year, how about you stand up for the average American who is broke due to same paycheck as 30 years ago with nothing on the horizon to speak of towards getting paid for the work they do? Why do you continue to side with the greedy sons of b!tches worth hundreds of millions and billions who would flip on your ass in an instant if they got a chance to pocket more bucks at your expense?

Look, while the average American is wondering how will they send their kid to college or how they will keep a roof over their family next month or pay the next medical bill, guys like Trump and his kids are wondering when will they be able to buy that new house in Bahamas or that new Aston Martin releasing next week on top of an armada of cars in their massive garages. The 2 don't mesh in this little universe you live in.

That other tool says "how about you get rich instead of bitching" .. funny guy. If only the average American even had an opportunity beyond living paycheck to paycheck.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:31 PM   #13
UK2K
NBA Legend

Quote:
Yeah, if only we all lived paycheck by paycheck.. I'm glad you don't, but what about the rest of America?

Here's a tip, tough guy..

Instead of letting special interests trample all over your ass year after year, how about you stand up for the average American who is broke due to same paycheck as 30 years ago with nothing on the horizon to speak of towards getting paid for the work they do? Why do you continue to side with the greedy sons of b!tches worth hundreds of millions and billions who would flip on your ass in an instant if they got a chance to pocket more bucks at your expense?

Look, while the average American is wondering how will they send their kid to college or how they will keep a roof over their family next month or pay the next medical bill, guys like Trump and his kids are wondering when will they be able to buy that new house in Bahamas or that new Aston Martin releasing next week on top of an armada of cars in their massive garages. The 2 don't mesh in this little universe you live in.

That other tool says "how about you get rich instead of bitching" .. funny guy. If only the average American even had an opportunity beyond living paycheck to paycheck.

Because I was one of those homeless, drug addicts...

Until I decided I didn't want to be.

There's no other country on this planet that offers as much upward mobility as this one does, if you're willing to work for it.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:31 PM   #14
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Quote:

This is a disingenuous lie from from the left that this bill only benefits the rich b/c majority of people that take the standard deduction will get a tax cut next year (vast majority of lower income and middle class filers take the standard deduction so they will get a tax break.) Upper middle class filers that itemize and have large amount of SALT deductions might get a tax increase.

Now the argument could be made the tax breaks for the middle class are due to expire in 2024 and the corporate tax breaks are permanent, and if the GOP cared about the middle and lower class filers they would of made these tax cuts permanent and this would be a good argument from the left. Theoretically in 2025 taxes could go up compared to today but it would be hard to imagine congress not extending these tax cuts.

But anyway you look at it the lower and middle class income filers will get a tax break next year. Maybe not as a much as a tax break as higher income filers but lower income filers don't pay much in federal income taxes....
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:13 PM   #15
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Worst President Ever!
So far in my lifetime, I agree
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: