Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-25-2017, 02:57 AM   #16
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

Default Re: Can Muslims celebrate Christmas since Jesus is a recognized "prophet" in Islam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBonner
The only person who told me Merry Christmas this season was the Muslim cashier at the 7eleven. Let that sink in.

4th of July is the only holiday that isn't stressful.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 03:06 AM   #17
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

Default Re: Can Muslims celebrate Christmas since Jesus is a recognized "prophet" in Islam?

seriously...

Valentine's Day sucks with or without a woman.

Nobody gives a $hit about Easter

on Thanksgiving we are reminded that the white man killed everyone... and that your family's cooking ain't what it use to be.

Christmas speaks for its self.

Personal Birthdays only get more depressing regardless of what's going on in your life... you're only reminded that Life is short.

and New Year's Eve will never be the same once your over the age 25... now all you do on this holiday is make a list of all the $hit you'll never accomplish.

4th of July = all that matters.
Old 12-25-2017, 03:10 AM   #18
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

I guess Halloween isn't so bad.
Old 12-25-2017, 05:07 AM   #19
Etan
Saw a basketball once

Default Not Celebrating Christmas… Do Muslims Really Love Jesus?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cJvbI7BzY8
Etan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 05:25 AM   #20
Etan
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrazotile
Can you cite where in in the scriptures Jesus says he will disown anyone who worships him as a godhead? Note: Im not asking you to demonstrate whether it’s right or wrong for people to do it; Im asking specifically about the idea of Jesus disowning people. Im trying to determine if youre passing off a personal opinion on the subject as definitive and/or putting words in Jesus’ mouth, or if there is a legitimate source for what youre asserting there?
I think he refers to this ayat: http://legacy.quran.com/5/116-120

In Luke 3:8, the Devil asks Jesus to worship him, promising him the authority and glory of all of the kingdoms of this world, “And Jesus answered him, ‘It is written, You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve.’ ” Thus, the essence of the message of Jesus was that only God deserves to be worshipped and that the worship of anyone or anything besides God or along with God is false. Jesus not only called people to this message but he also practically demonstrated it for them by bowing down in prayer and worshipping God himself.

In Mark 14:32, it states: “And they went to a place which was called Gethsemane; and he [Jesus] said to his disciples, ‘Sit here, while I pray.’ ” And in Luke 5:16, “But he withdrew to the wilderness and prayed.”

Jesus called them to worship the one true God who is unique in His qualities. God does not have the attributes of His creation, nor does any creature share any of His attributes.
Etan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 10:13 AM   #21
FatComputerNerd
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas
4th of July is the only holiday that isn't stressful.

Tell that to my dogs who I have to give Valium to.

Hope all had a Happy Christmas that chose to!
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 11:18 AM   #22
JEFFERSON MONEY
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrazotile
This would not at all be in accordance with his own teachings; The very teachings you just praised. In fact it would be in complete contradistinction to them, to turn away from and disown people for making what you believe is a mistake; especially one so well intentioned.

Good catch. I should not have used the word disown. Disregard the poor statement and heed the following instead.

5:115 5:116

Quote:
And [beware the Day] when Allah will say, "O Jesus, Son of Mary, did you say to the people, 'Take me and my mother as deities besides Allah ?'" He will say, "Exalted are You! It was not for me to say that to which I have no right. If I had said it, You would have known it. You know what is within myself, and I do not know what is within Yourself. Indeed, it is You who is Knower of the unseen.

I said not to them except what You commanded me - to worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. And I was a witness over them as long as I was among them; but when You took me up, You were the Observer over them, and You are, over all things, Witness.

- Jesus preached something, St. Paul preached something else..

"Christians" follow St. Paul

For more on this subject... Surah Bayyinah,
JEFFERSON MONEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2017, 11:53 AM   #23
JEFFERSON MONEY
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by coin24
Well Mohammed is the definition of a false prophet.. no one followed him so he went and made his own religion

I have Muslims in the same boat as all the other fanatical religious sheep though. If you can't decide right or wrong for yourself then youre an idiot..

Christmas is a time for family and should be enjoyed by all

No you clearly need a course on what's right and wrong.

Firstly when you argue the proper thing to do is to explain your point.

So explain how Muhammad is what you labelled him as and explain how Islam is a new religion.

The counterargument is very simple.
The Torah and Bible prophesied a Prophet coming from the lineage of Ishmael.
Jesus prophesied a "comforter".
See Deuteronomy 18:18
A man who was illiterate and an orphan, without resources, political connections, power, managed to do the following.
- Unite a people without libraries, any kind of security, a deeply ingrained culture of worshipping idols, barbarism, darkness, songs and poetry sung about the pleasure of fkesh, raids and thieves usurpibgngdrinking of alcohol, burying of female daughters, extreme economic inequality... under a common belief of Monotheism within 23 years which flourished into the world's leading civilization that would be a hotpot of knowledge education and culture got years to come. (Referring to approx 632 to 900 AD)
Despite STAUNCH EFFORTS from the opposition including torture, assassination plots
- The more than 6000 ayats of the Quran over the course of 23 years came down to him despite the man NEVER producing any kind of poetry in his prior life. While Arabia was renowmed for having poets and fantastic oral tradition... Muhammad (PBUH) recites the Word which is supreme over
I seek refuge in God's punishment if this comparison is disrespectful.... but could you seriously imagine a guy who used to care for orphans, feed the poor, stand out for justice who spoke very concisely all of a sudden dominating EVERY SINGLE RAPPER WHO PERFECTED THEIR CRAFT.
Refer back to Deuteronomy 18:18 (God will put His word in His prophets mouth) and Surah Najm. Divinely inspired speech.
- Reading his life story you quickly read the situations... a man Abu Jahl was so close to tossing a bolder and smashing his head while his cronies watched (while the Prophet PBUH was defenseless and praying).. yet was stopped. He feeds MANY of his companion from a small source of milk just as Jesus fed the entire people
- He split the moon
- All off these things happened in the midst of a community of people who would discard someone if they had a reputation of being a liar. These people would NOT take people seriously unless the guy was considered the beacon of morality pre Prophethood. They (the infidels) concocted a giant smear campaign and went around telling Everyine he was a madman a sorcerer a poet. Sound familiar? Pharisees did the same to Jesus (PBUH)
- EVERY SINGLE PROPHET before him carried the same message to worship God alone and submit to God's Will, prepare for the Afterlife. Prophets literally CAN NOT lie. They would not habe been chosen by God if they had that imperfection in their character.

Submitting to God's will is what Islam is translated to. That's the pure straight religion since the beginning. Moses and Israelites submitted to God's Will. Jesus and his followers submitted to God's will. The name jew and Christian came AFTER.
God's final revelation to mankind was the Quran. Thus Islam is NOT new it was the last and final Law through the Final Messenger (PBUH)

- Islam FORBIDS lying treachery and deceit.

He has been followed closely by between 1/5 to 1/4 of the ENTIRE HUMANITY over the past 1450 years. Do you know how different human beings can be. ... a poor villager in India, a powerful warrior in Arabia, the richest man of Ghana (Mansa Musa) unanimously.

Even WE AMERICAN BASKETBALL FANS HAVE A DIVERSITY OF ROLE MODELS whom we bicker about. How do people around the globe considerived him the no. 1 man to emulate?

Secondly explain how you have different categories for people you consider sheep and how true these are on depicting reality.

Thirdly explain how the average person... without any guidance would know things like how to worship God properly, how much income to give to their sons and daughters, how much money to spend on orphans, what constitutes the finest manners etc.

Fourthly feel free to share your philosophy on life in a nutshell if you feel religious people ate sheep coin24.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:56 AM   #24
JEFFERSON MONEY
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etan
I think he refers to this ayat: http://legacy.quran.com/5/116-120

In Luke 3:8, the Devil asks Jesus to worship him, promising him the authority and glory of all of the kingdoms of this world, “And Jesus answered him, ‘It is written, You shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve.’ ” Thus, the essence of the message of Jesus was that only God deserves to be worshipped and that the worship of anyone or anything besides God or along with God is false. Jesus not only called people to this message but he also practically demonstrated it for them by bowing down in prayer and worshipping God himself.

In Mark 14:32, it states: “And they went to a place which was called Gethsemane; and he [Jesus] said to his disciples, ‘Sit here, while I pray.’ ” And in Luke 5:16, “But he withdrew to the wilderness and prayed.”

Jesus called them to worship the one true God who is unique in His qualities. God does not have the attributes of His creation, nor does any creature share any of His attributes.

Quote:
2:112 Indeed, those who submit themselves absolutely to GOD alone, while leading a righteous life, will receive their recompense from their Lord; they have nothing to fear, nor will they grieve.

3:150 GOD alone is your Lord and Master, and He is the best supporter.

4:36 You shall worship GOD alone – do not associate anything with Him.

4:146 Only those who repent, reform, hold fast to GOD, and devote their religion absolutely to GOD alone, will be counted with the believers. GOD will bless the believers with a great recompense.

6:162 Say, “My Contact Prayers (Salat), my worship practices, my life and my death, are all devoted absolutely to GOD alone, the Lord of the universe.

8:39 You shall fight them to ward off oppression, and to practice your religion devoted to GOD alone. If they refrain from aggression, then GOD is fully Seer of everything they do.

10:104 Say, “O people, if you have any doubt regarding my religion, I do not worship what you worship beside GOD. I worship GOD alone; the One who will terminate your lives. I am commanded to be a believer.”

22:31 You shall maintain your devotion absolutely to GOD alone. Anyone who sets up any idol beside GOD is like one who fell from the sky, then gets snatched up by vultures, or blown away by the wind into a deep ravine.

39:3 Absolutely, the religion shall be devoted to GOD alone. Those who set up idols beside Him say, “We idolize them only to bring us closer to GOD; for they are in a better position!” GOD will judge them regarding their disputes. GOD does not guide such liars, disbelievers.

39:17 As for those who discard the worship of all idols, and devote themselves totally to GOD alone, they have deserved happiness. Give good news to My servants.

39:45 When GOD ALONE is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter shrink with aversion. But when others are mentioned beside Him, they become satisfied.

39:66 Therefore, you shall worship GOD alone, and be appreciative.

40:12 This is because when GOD ALONE was advocated, you disbelieved, but when others were mentioned beside Him, you believed. Therefore, GOD’s judgment has been issued; He is the Most High, the Great.

40:14 Therefore, you shall devote your worship absolutely to GOD ALONE, even if the disbelievers dislike it.

2:139 Say, “Do you argue with us about GOD, when He is our Lord and your Lord? We are responsible for our deeds, and you are responsible for your deeds. To Him alone we are devoted.”

2:172 O you who believe, eat from the good things we provided for you, and be thankful to GOD, if you do worship Him alone.

3:30 The day will come when each soul will find all the good works it had done brought forth. As for the evil works, it will wish that they were far, far removed. GOD alerts you that you shall reverence Him alone. GOD is Compassionate towards the people.

6:102 Such is GOD your Lord, there is no god except He, the Creator of all things. You shall worship Him alone. He is in control of all things.

16:51 GOD has proclaimed: “Do not worship two gods; there is only one god. You shall reverence Me alone.”

16:52 To Him belongs everything in the heavens and the earth and therefore, the religion shall be devoted absolutely to Him alone. Would you worship other than GOD?

16:114 Therefore, you shall eat from GOD’s provisions everything that is lawful and good, and be appreciative of GOD’s blessings, if you do worship Him alone.

21:25 We did not send any messenger before you except with the inspiration: “There is no god except Me; you shall worship Me alone.”

39:2 We sent down to you this scripture, truthfully; you shall worship GOD, devoting your religion to Him alone.

39:11 Say, “I have been commanded to worship GOD, devoting the religion absolutely to Him alone.

39:14 Say, “GOD is the only One I worship, devoting my religion absolutely to Him alone.

40:65 He is the Living; there is no god except He. You shall worship Him alone, devoting your religion absolutely to Him alone. Praise be to GOD, Lord of the universe.

La Illaha Il Allah
Old 12-27-2017, 04:38 AM   #25
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
No you clearly need a course on what's right and wrong.

no matter how close you are to God... people f*ck up.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:44 AM   #26
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

Quote:

Wow... truth is stranger than fiction.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=444472
Old 12-27-2017, 11:01 AM   #27
egokiller
The Mind Fvcker

Christmas is a RECOGNIZED bank holiday in the US. If you have feelings about it or catch some resentment that a day in your religion isn't a recognized holiday and Christmas is, then go move to the location where your day is a recognized holiday or stop complaining about it.

This is America. We press #1 over here for English. Deal with it.
egokiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:48 PM   #28
Patrick Chewing
Save us Zion....or KD!

Christmas > Ramadan
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 01:11 PM   #29
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Christmas > Ramadan

I don't know about this Christmas.

a Holy War broke out at my residence this year.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:30 PM   #30
Patrick Chewing
Save us Zion....or KD!

Quote:
I don't know about this Christmas.

a Holy War broke out at my residence this year.

Well that's quite common during the Holidays. I can't be around my family for more than 24 hours straight.

Everyone has that uncle that thinks he knows everything, or that aunt that's always asking the same questions she asked the previous year. It's awful.
Patrick Chewing is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: