Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: "Rape Crew" in small town Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I'm not invalidating what happened to her by any means. I'm not vindicating the dudes who took advantage of her. I understand that as a guy I, for the most part, don't have to walk around with the fear of being raped/taken advantage of sexually against my will. And whatever those guys did they're wrong for on all accounts.

I'm just saying when you do certain things, you should go into them knowing the potential consequences whether it's (underage) drinking to the point of inebriation or smoking until your lungs off. Unfortunately it took a situation like this for her to (hopefully) learn this unfortunate truth instead of it already being instilled in her by her parents.
    I agree that girls need to be smarter about the situations that they put themselves in, but bolded also applies to the boys in the situation. They should be smarter than to do this type of stupid sh!t that will affect screw their future. I'm pretty sure their parents didn't tell them it was cool **** around with a passed out chick.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Was this case sensationalized until the Anonymous or whoever it was started talking about this in December? Again, I didn't live though this case, but the few articles I looked at had the Anonymous allegations as part of the story, that is those allegations were driving the story, so covering the story meant covering the allegations. Now there's a responsible and irresponsible way to do that, but you're right, even wide circulation of responsibly reported allegations are going to leave a mark.
    The NY Times linked to LocalLeaks directly, along with providing excerpts from the piece. CNN did a live interview with KyAnonymous, where he was unchallenged in repeating pretty much everything in the LocalLeaks article. There wasn't even an attempt to interject. The Cleveland Plain Dealer, a pretty highly respected regional newspaper, was basically the mouthpiece for Alexandria Goddard, the blogger who is at the root of all the lies.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    The AG is just covering his butt. This is a PR move and, from what I've heard, it will mainly deal with calling in other kids at the first party (where a rape did not happen) and those that may have seen tweets.

Regardless, he has already said there was no conspiracy, cover-up. I do dislike the fact that he's going to be keeping this story going for another month, but this seems like a publicity move more than anything else.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 03-18-2013 at 02:12 AM.

I can only imagine how embarrassed and disappointed the parents must be. If my child ever perpetrated such acts, I would feel like I failed as a parent.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    I'm not invalidating what happened to her by any means. I'm not vindicating the dudes who took advantage of her. I understand that as a guy I, for the most part, don't have to walk around with the fear of being raped/taken advantage of sexually against my will. And whatever those guys did they're wrong for on all accounts.

I'm just saying when you do certain things, you should go into them knowing the potential consequences whether it's (underage) drinking to the point of inebriation or smoking until your lungs off. Unfortunately it took a situation like this for her to (hopefully) learn this unfortunate truth instead of it already being instilled in her by her parents.
    As already stated above by Kevin, this is a form of victim blaming. By this thinking, you are essentially saying that women should not drink because they can potentially be raped, and if they do drink they should know there are potential "rape consequences." Might as well say that women shouldn't go jogging on a park trail because there have been multiple incidents of sexual assault at public parks, therefore women who went jogging should know that jogging has the "potential consequences" of sexual assault.

Very good NBA starter

Steubenville is as corrupted as they say it is. The people in the local are just flat out scums. I've played a few football games at Steubenville when I was in high school. All their 50 year olds would curse, spit, and poor beer at their opponents. Football is all they have in that neighborhood and it's why these guys get treated like gods.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/highsch...164129528.html

Great article about how ****ed up the kids are. Never have teens been more morally corrupt than now in regards to knowing right from wrong, sometimes in the simplest and most obvious form.

both wept, at times uncontrollably
    lol **** them, only two years?

How can i give money to these anonymous fellows? They are awesome. Geeks ****ing jocks haha

A Breitbart link? Seriously?

Get that shit out of here.

I hope the coach gets nailed after the grand jury investigation:

A few of Mr. Mays’s texts described by Ms. Gibb suggested that Mr. Mays believed that his football coach, Reno Saccoccia, would protect him.

“I got Reno to take care of it,” Mr. Mays texted at one point. He added in another text, referring to the coach, that “I feel like he took care of it” and that “he was joking about it so I’m not that worried.”

If he knew this happened and didn't immediately report it to the police, he deserves to get reamed.

NBA lottery pick

Appreciate hearing the other side of the story RBA. When I first heard about this I jumped to the same conclusion as a lot of people, clearly there's more to it then what's being reported though.

Great statement from Gawker:

For readers interested in learning more about how not to be labeled as registered sex offenders, a good first step is not to rape unconscious women, no matter how good your grades are. Regardless of the strength of your GPA (weighted or unweighted), if you commit rape, there is a possibility you may someday be convicted of a sex crime. This is because of your decision to commit a sex crime instead of going for a walk, or reading a book by Cormac McCarthy. Your ability to perform calculus or play football is generally not taken into consideration in a court of law. Should you prefer to be known as "Good student and excellent football player Trent Mays" rather than "Convicted sex offender Trent Mays," try stressing the studying and tackling and giving the sex crimes a miss altogether.

Have you all never hooked up with a drunk chick who had no recollection of it the next day? Rape?

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Have you all never hooked up with a drunk chick who had no recollection of it the next day? Rape?
    Yeah, you committed rape. Good thing they didn't turn your rapist ass in.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23

Could be rape if she decides it is...

Men have got to understand that they need to be careful when dealing with females. Females have the power to throw you under the bus if you are out there being reckless in how you behave

You dont hit passed out chicks. Thats rule number 1. If she is passed out? just let her sleep it off. get at her tomorrow.

Banned

Open and shut small town under aged alcohol consumption and sexual abuse along some cyber bullying. Clich