Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: NBA releases flopping defining vid with actual game footage.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33

That Tony Parker flop was probably the worst flop in whole video and is a pure embarrassment to Tony Parker, the San Antonio Spurs, and the game of basketball.
    flops are trying to create fouls that didn't happen, overreaction isn't flopping. the guy in the video even said that that was a legit foul u fkcing idiot.
    Last edited by Al Thornton; 10-06-2012 at 08:49 PM.

Wish I could see this video. Is there an alternate link or youtube video? All I get is a blank page. Also wont open in QuickTime.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by COnDEMnED
    Wish I could see this video. Is there an alternate link or youtube video? All I get is a blank page. Also wont open in QuickTime.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I65Lqjh4fo

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    I can't believe how hilarious some of these are. They ruin the game yeah, but it's really funny seeing these players attempt this ridiculous shit.
    I'm same way. If it goes uncalled and is super dramatic it's hilarious. Kind of like CP3's tornado flop AFTER the foul was already called. Didn't hurt the Lakers but was hilarious to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    Thanks for the link. The video really put some clarity on what I can expect this season. Should be interesting to see how stern(pun) these guys are going to be on the players, initially.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I'm same way. If it goes uncalled and is super dramatic it's hilarious. Kind of like CP3's tornado flop AFTER the foul was already called. Didn't hurt the Lakers but was hilarious to watch.
    And Griffin hitting himself in the head and flailing

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    flops are trying to create fouls that didn't happen, overreaction isn't flopping. the guy in the video even said that that was a legit foul u fkcing idiot.
    It was a foul, it was an arm-bar on Perkins. He stuck his arm out and it touched/grazed Parker. Parker's reaction was ridiculous though obviously.

If they were to limit it to only flops when there was no foul at all, it'd be pointless.

And any fan should agree (that ridiculously exaggerated movement has no place in the game).

The only opposing argument u can have to that is if you say you like flopping because it's hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by maybeshewill13
    And Griffin hitting himself in the head and flailing
    by far Griffins flops have to be the dumbest looking ones i've seen

Mr Hunter does not like...

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C-Webb4
    Same here, it's like do you blame the system itself or the players who are smart enough to take advantage of it? It started as a thing where just a few main guys were consistently repeat offenders. And then when others in the league saw how they were getting away with it time and time again, and sometimes in the games biggest moments they decided to throw it into their gameplan because it works, like 75% of the time.
    If the rules and the game is called in such fashion, of course they're gonna take advantage, it'll be almost dumb not too.

Everybody flops!!!

Naturally

Lol. Phukkin clippers

Decent college freshman

Honestly that video makes the rule seem pretty lenient. You can still sell contact, you just can't do the outrageous CP3 heliflopter stuff.

I hope this makes guys think twice about even selling contact though. Hopefully it will help bring back some toughness into the NBA.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Goes to show that the claims against them are greatly exaggerated by fans like I've said all along.
    Just gotta love ISH and their ISHiots

The thing that kills me dead is how they sit there and try to defend the indefensible. A video/gif of Lebron BLATANTLY flopping to them it's "oh...well....you see. He got something in his eye, lost balance and couldn't see his defender, so that's why it looked like he was flopping, but he wasn't." BG hitting himself in the head, and it's "oh....you didn't see his head snap back form that forearm shot he got hit with." Then they have the gall to get mad when people don't take them seriously

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    No it means the NBA trying to avoid looking bad by putting the two superstars they're golden boys in the video. That whole video could be examples of flops from Griffin and Lebron, it's they're that bad. I'm shocked the Chris Bosh flop of Carlos Boozer isn't in there or the Lebron flop then wink on Derek Rose. Those are two of the worst ones I've seen recently.
    This.

Even though I'm a LeBron homer, I've always said he's the greatest flopper of all time. The dude obviously flops. We all know it. The NBA knows he's the league's face right now. They're not going to use him as an example of something negative.

I guess they used Wade and CP3(+multiple clippers) to have the appearance of not being biased so they can say "hey, we used Heat and clippers players as examples". It's not fooling anyone though. They're not gonna use the face-of-the-franchise players.

way to go nba for not including your love child lebron in any of the videos