Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast

Default Re: Rubio Doesn't Want To Go To Memphis or OKC?

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    You are a moron.

This isn't some random 18 year old, he's a coveted professional ball player who is playing for another league.

If you are a green kid looking to enter your chosen profession, you will take the first job that's offered. It's not the same as a company seeking their competitor's established asset who already is employed, experienced, and is in the situation to choose which situation is best for him.

He is using the leverage he has because he doesn't need the NBA. That's the truth. He could spend his entire career overseas and be just fine.
    Haha, like the NBA will go bankrupt if the God Ricky Rubio doesn't play for us.

Good High School Starter

Btw, if you actually read the report. None of this stuff is coming from his agent or Ricky. It's by the author's unnamed NBA sources who are speculating on this stuff.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxed
    What's going to be a huge factor in determining whether or not Ricky comes over is if his team DKV Joventud is selected for the Euroleague next year.

I'm not really sure how it works, and on what basis are teams selected but I do know that only 4 teams from the ACB make it to the Euroleague each year and right now DKV is playing Real Madrid on Saturday to see which team makes the semifinals in the ACB playoffs.

Maybe someone can come on here and explain the process of Euroleague team selection.
    Joventut can only make the Euroleague if they make the ACB finals. Also, there is absolutely no way in hell they can. If they finish 3rd in the ACB they would have a chance to make the Euroleague qualifying round next year. They would have to finish second in the qualifying round to then make the Euroleague. They have no shot at finishing 3rd in the ACB and even if they did, there is probably not a chance in hell they would finish 2nd in the Euroleague qualifying round. Because they would have to beat out some of the big Italian and Greek clubs and they are not that good as clubs like Aris and Milano for example.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 05-21-2009 at 08:10 PM.

I rule the local playground

Btw, if you actually read the report. None of this stuff is coming from his agent or Ricky. It's by the author's unnamed NBA sources who are speculating on this stuff.
    as most stories. i think it would be a nice trick for a couple teams. draft them let them stay there get another high draft pick bring them all over at once lol you think any team can con a usa player to go over there for a year or two?

Serious playground baller Thunderstruck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    the only way Rubio can pay for his huge buyout is if he gets a large endorsement deal. No company is gonna give him that if he goes to **** holes like memphis or OKC.
    If you want to talk about a **** hole of a city, look no further than your own back yard hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinJDW
    Haha, like the NBA will go bankrupt if the God Ricky Rubio doesn't play for us.
    Thanks for proving me right. You are a moron.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Might have been mentioned, but I just read on ESPN that there's a rumor about the Thunder trading the third pick to the Wizards for Javale McGee and the fifth if the Grizzlies pick Thabeet. Should work out well for all parties involved if the deal goes through.

Serious playground baller Thunderstruck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    Might have been mentioned, but I just read on ESPN that there's a rumor about the Thunder trading the third pick to the Wizards for Javale McGee and the fifth if the Grizzlies pick Thabeet. Should work out well for all parties involved if the deal goes through.
    Agree, unless a miracle happens and the Clippers are willing to trade the #1 pick I would be very happy getting a young, athletic player full of potential in Javale McGee and a Tyreke Evans or James Harden at #5.

GiveItToBurrito

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
    Agree, unless a miracle happens and the Clippers are willing to trade the #1 pick I would be very happy getting a young, athletic player full of potential in Javale McGee and a Tyreke Evans or James Harden at #5.
    You'll probably have the best fast breaking team in the league with that line up, especially if you get Evans. Damn. That team's going to be so deadly I almost don't want the deal to happen so I don't have to worry about playing the Thunder for another year or two. I can't even imagine how many blocks the starting five would combine for.

None of you people have ever exercised leverage at your job with a "give me X or else i'm leaving, etc"? I sure have. Why is it so evil?

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    Except for Rubio. Him and Gilbert Arenas cannot play together. Gilbert will demand the ball too often and won't let Ricky be the distributer he's capable of being.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    Joventut can only make the Euroleague if they make the ACB finals. Also, there is absolutely no way in hell they can. If they finish 3rd in the ACB they would have a chance to make the Euroleague qualifying round next year. They would have to finish second in the qualifying round to then make the Euroleague. They have no shot at finishing 3rd in the ACB and even if they did, there is probably not a chance in hell they would finish 2nd in the Euroleague qualifying round. Because they would have to beat out some of the big Italian and Greek clubs and they are not that good as clubs like Aris and Milano for example.
    I'm still a little confused. Why does DKV have to make the finals of the ACB if four teams from their go to the Euroleague?

College superstar

I read through 5 1/2 pages and find it interesting that no one mentioned competitive spirit...

The best players in the world are in the NBA, so wouldn't a highly competitive basketball player WANT to be in the NBA, even if it meant a slight decrease in pay?

I mean... we all talk about how Lebron and Kobe get up to play each other, etc.. you know, how your rival, or just a great team, brings out the best in you, so don't most of the best athletes out there strive for the best competition, and actually welcome it? Seek it out?

IMO, the competition is the biggest reason he will come over to the NBA WHEN he decides to come

Sugar K

Except for Rubio. Him and Gilbert Arenas cannot play together. Gilbert will demand the ball too often and won't let Ricky be the distributer he's capable of being.
    if the trade goes down, arenas would probably be traded.

GiveItToBurrito

Gil's played off the ball before, especially when Larry Hughes was with the team. The Wizards usually played him next to Antonio Daniels or Deshawn Stevenson, too, both of whom could handle point guard duties in spurts while Gil ran around screens and set up on the wing. The only time Gil's had to be the main ball handler on the Wizards was when Jarred Jeffries sort of played shooting guard on offense with Caron Butler switching over to two guard duties on defense. Plus, there'd be time for everyone to get adjusted, since I don't know that Rubio would come in and immediately start.

Quote Originally Posted by Kings_Alex
    if the trade goes down, arenas would probably be traded.
    Considering his contract and recent injury history, I doubt anyone would take him. Maybe if he's averaging 28 a game again around the trade deadline they could swing something, but I don't even know who they'd target.