Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Wrasslin: nWo -vs- DX: Who U Got?

Much better stable and storyline

Quote Originally Posted by kaiteng
    When thinking of it, the Kliq is still one of the most politically powerful group in pro wrestling history. Let's see......
    - Michael Shawn Hickenbottom, while his stuffs in the ring are one of the best ever, always ruins somebody's chance to become something in WWF/E, especially around him vs Bret Hart feud where his jerkassness was at his peak.
    - Kevin Nash, arguably one of the most smartest guy in pro wrestling, but always slack his way in to get money and highlight spots for himself and his friends while frequently tearing his bicep.
    - Paul Levesque, well, he successfully f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cked the boss' daughter and now is in the succession line of the company. What else?

Scott Hall and Sean Waltman are basically tagalong dudes of the group, but with some lesser successes (Hall keeps getting hired while still being drunk, Waltman has a sex tape with Chyna).
    I wouldn't call Hall a tag a long, Waltman yes.

nWo all the way. At least until WCW flogged it past its natural shelf life. The early nWo of Hogan, Nash, Hall, Bischoff, Syxx, fake Sting, Dibiase, and Vincent was the best stable ever. Then they added clutter (Giant, Bagwell, Norton, Brian Adams, Disciple, Horace Hogan, Scott Steiner, etc.) What made the nWo cool was how dominant they were - thay had the rest of the promotion on the run, and brought the "cool heel" into vogue.

I honestly never got the appeal of DX. They reminded me of punks who hang out on street corners smoking weed and throwing bottles. At least WWE was smart enough to make them one angle amongst many successful ones, unlike WCW which had no heels worth caring about other than the nWo.

PS - the red and black Wolfpac sucked. They never did anything, never directly fueded with the black and white, didn't have any critical matches or storylines. The stable was put together to stroke Nash's ego - he wanted to be the top guy, and so did Hogan, so they each got their own nWo.

The original Wolfpac was great - Hall, Nash, Syxx, as a subgroup of the original nWo.

DX. It brought in more ratings and sales overall over any other stable in professional wrestling history. And I was always a HBK fan. My dad was the Hogan stan.

Gotta say i honestly HATED that they bought DX back the last few years on WWE. They just aren't made for the whole PG era. They seemed less like rebels and more like class clowns, which even aside from the PG era may have been due to HBK's newfound Christianity. But all the little commercials they'd do, all the stuff with Hornswoggle, all the sucking up to the crowd and skipping around...DX was always kinda goofy but it was just too Nickelodeon-goofy to be real DX.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Gimme the Mean Street Posse

NWO all the way. When they came on to the scene it was amazing and I think helped bring in a new era of wrestling. It forced the WWE to step it's game up and other promotions as well. WCW just got bogged down and let it linger too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Batz
    DX. It brought in more ratings and sales overall over any other stable in professional wrestling history. And I was always a HBK fan. My dad was the Hogan stan.
    I don't know if it bought in more rating than the nWo.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    I don't know if it bought in more rating than the nWo.
    Yeah DX was created just to combat the nWo cause they were getting killed in the ratings. DX may have made more money since they still sell an extremely watered down version of it now, but during both of their heyday's, the nWo drew in more ratings and provided more revenue. The WWE had a ton of factions back then as well competing against one another, so it was futile to compare sheer revenue against the nWo brand. Hell, I own 4 nWo shirts and a ton of other crap.
    Last edited by Patrick Chewing; 12-22-2010 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Yeah DX was created just to combat the nWo cause they were getting killed in the ratings. DX may have made more money since they still sell an extremely watered down version of it now, but during both of their heyday's, the nWo drew in more ratings and provided more revenue. The WWE had a ton of factions back then as well competing against one another, so it was futile to compare sheer revenue against the nWo brand. Hell, I own 4 nWo shirts and a ton of other crap.
    Yeah, DX wasn't the rating draw, it was Stone Cold vs. Vince McMahon, than Undertaker, DX, Mankind, (Bret Hart than The Rock.)

In WCW, nWo was the main draw, than Goldberg. (Sting, Macho Man, Lex Lurger al joined some form of the nWo.)

Degeneration X was cooler for longer. After Hulk Hogan came aboard I began to hate The NWO because of my marked disdain for Hulk Hogan. He ruined The NWO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    Degeneration X was cooler for longer. After Hulk Hogan came aboard I began to hate The NWO because of my marked disdain for Hulk Hogan. He ruined The NWO.
    Hogan was an original nWo member, he didn't join later on like Macho Man or Scott Steiner.

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    Hogan was an original nWo member, he didn't join later on like Macho Man or Scott Steiner.
    When it was just Hall and Nash as The Outsiders, The NWO was cool. After Hogan was added, I hated them immediately. I was a huge fan of The Million Dollar Man when I was a kid, and also wanted The Dungeon of Doom to destroy Hulkamania.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    When it was just Hall and Nash as The Outsiders, The NWO was cool. After Hogan was added, I hated them immediately. I was a huge fan of The Million Dollar Man when I was a kid, and also wanted The Dungeon of Doom to destroy Hulkamania.
    That wasn't the nWo yet, just the Outsiders.

Local High School Star browntown's Avatar

It's all about EVALUATION!