Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Derrick Rose Cries About Not Getting Any Calls From The Referees

CHICAGO -- Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose uncharacteristically lashed out at officials during and after his team's 104-99 victory over the New York Knicks Monday night, showing his frustration at what he sees as a lack of fouls called against those defending him.

"I've gotta be the only superstar in the league that's going through what I'm going through right now," the reigning MVP said. "But I can't say too much about it."

Rose shot 12-of-29 from the floor for his game-high 32 points, but went to the foul line just nine times, sinking six and repeatedly showing his displeasure toward the officials at non-calls.

"How many times did I shoot today?" Rose asked. "I'm the point guard."

Asked what he was thinking on a particularly ferocious dunk to put the Bulls ahead by seven midway through the fourth quarter, Rose said he "kinda blacked out. I was probably mad because I wasn't getting calls all game. That was probably the reason why."

Told he may get fined by the league for his comments, Rose was again uncharacteristically defiant.

"I could care less right now," he said.

Bulls forward Carlos Boozer was asked if the lack of whistles for Rose was because he's so strong.

"Yeah, because he's so strong ... he finishes so many plays where he does get contact," Boozer said. "Sometimes they let it go, but you can't let it go all the time. You've got to make the call. You saw in the third quarter, you're just trying to force the issue. He got to the line a bunch in the third quarter. But he could have got to the line maybe 10 times in the first half."
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...rees-non-calls

Derrick Rose = I don't think Rose will get fined for his comments cause he's under David Stern's protection.

Good High School Starter notatop29pg's Avatar

Default Re: Derrick Rose Cries About Not Getting Any Calls From The Referees

Wow... 12/29.

Tell that to Prime Thomas, KJ and AI.

Mr. Humble at his best.

I wish Durant would call him out. "He's a fake humble guy."
    Come on, KD.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by KingLeBronJames
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...rees-non-calls

Derrick Rose = I don't think Rose will get fined for his comments cause he's under David Stern's protection.
    compare how he is treated to how wade and lebron im surprised he held his tongue this long.

Dude was getting hammered but that's nothing new. He would of shot 20 free throws if he got the Lebron/Wade treatment. Why not say something?

Phil Jackson used to ALWAYS do this and end up getting the Lake Show calls in their next game.

Banned

LOL at the Haters, right on time

i agree. stop crying and ball. its not like his fts been automatic as of late

yet he got a phantom foul called for him when he drove. stop whining and pass your SATs. i bet he still couldn't do it.

oops i mean, stop whining and pass the ball. lin blocked him clean how many times?

Good High School Starter notatop29pg's Avatar

Biggest martyr in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    yet he got a phantom foul called for him when he drove. stop whining and pass your SATs. i bet he still couldn't do it.

Banned

LOL at this thread full of a bunch of bitches bitching about bitching...

The Irony just makes it too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
    LOL at this thread full of a bunch of bitches bitching about bitching...

The Irony just makes it too easy.
    we arent paid to bitch though, he is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LABean
    Mr. Humble at his best.

I wish Durant would call him out. "He's a fake humble guy."
    Come on, KD.
    are you autistic?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    we arent paid to bitch though, he is.
    Fooled me, yall act like yall on payroll