Default VIDEO: Blind Man Beaten As Witnesses Do Nothing

VIDEO

Video shows a blind man pushed to the ground by another man who then punches him, circled

The attacker then repeatedly kicks the man, who lies on the floor helplessly, before taking his bag

A man in blue walks across the road while a man in white stands on the corner - and they do nothing

* Philadelphia Police - Northwest Detective Division

* Aggravated Assault (By Hands & Feet)

* 5000 Wayne Avenue

* October 2, 2013

The PPD Northwest Detective Division is seeking in assistance in identifying the individual responsible for this Aggravated Assault.

On Wednesday October 2, 2013 at 12:06 PM the PPD Blue Light Surveillance Camera located on the northeast corner of Wayne and Seymour captured
    an Aggravated Assault as it happened.

The victim, who is blind, was walking eastbound on Seymour approaching Wayne Avenue. The suspect exits the corner business moments before the assault and appears to look down the street as the victim approaches, then turns to put down his black back pack.

The camera pans away and in the next frame, the suspect is observed striking the victim, knocking him to the ground.

Then the offender proceeds to kick and stomp the victim as he lay helpless on the ground.

After assaulting the victim, the suspect proceeds to pick up his bag and walk southbound on Wayne Avenue from Seymour.

The suspect is last seen walking eastbound through a parking lot on the 4900 block of Wayne towards the 4900 block of Keyser St.

The 33 year old victim suffered injuries to the face and head.

Police have released surveillance footage of a suspect beating a blind man as witnesses watch, calling for anyone with information to contact authorities.

The footage taken on Oct. 2 from a distance in Philadelphia's Germantown neighbourhood shows the suspect knocking someone onto the curb, punching and kicking him repeatedly and then strolling away.

During the video, someone crosses the street, a few cars pass and another person stands only feet away, but no one intervenes. Fox News reported no one called police until after the attack. Philly.com reported the suspect also robbed the 33-year-old blind man.

Philadelphia's police chief, Charles Ramsey, told Fox News witnesses are often more likely to record a video of a crime then to call 911.

"People now just sit around. It's a shame," he told the broadcaster.
    [QUOTE]
    PHILADELPHIA (CBS)

Default Re: VIDEO: Blind Man Beaten As Witnesses Do Nothing

i've never been out of the South, but i hear that's just how it is in cities in stuff.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

black neighborhood nothing to see here

people dont get involved out of fear for their own safety.. People walk up and see someone beat? they figure..

"I dont know what happened to spark this incident"

"I dont know if anyone has a gun"

"I dont wanna get involved and alter my life due a situation Im not sure about"

"I dont know what this about"

it looks ugly on tape, but alot of people dont get involved mostly because they are SCARED TO

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    people dont get involved out of fear for their own safety.. People walk up and see someone beat? they figure..

it looks ugly on tape, but alot of people dont get involved mostly because they are SCARED TO
    True story.

It's a cowards way out but in reality shit might not like you want it to if you jump in.

Best thing to do is call the cops

So much for brotherly love in Philly, eh?

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1

This is true, especially in this day and age, where shootings happen over glares you can't be sure what weapons a person had on them. It's sad no one helped the dude, but it's just the reality of the situation. Sad the world has come to this.

NBA rookie of the year

Its not because people are bad people, its because 90% of us would not risk our wellbeing to help someone we dont love. I am sure somebody called the cops.