Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 01-04-2009, 07:47 PM   #1
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Game OverThinker on Little Big Planet and the state of gaming

Quote:
"HOMELESS." 'Little Big Planet' was supposed to be the masterpiece that turned things around for the PS3... turns out they only got the masterpiece part right. Was this an unfortunate fluke, or a symptom of something bigger and more troubling?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrgDo...ardNews/123108

interesting stuff from this guy. I kind of agree with his logic on what has happened to gaming this console generation.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:52 AM   #2
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Game OverThinker on Little Big Planet and the state of gaming

I use my PS3 for Movies and Sports games.

I play Action and RPG games on my PC.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:34 PM   #3
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

I think the biggest thing that's hurting the PS3 is logic. As a PS3 owner, I am still quite pissed off at how all the "exclusive" titles are losing that label on the PS3. A year ago I was thinking of buying a PS3 or a 360. Being a longtime Tekken and Final Fantasy fan, I chose the PS3. A year down the line none of these two games has come out (i won't count Tekken DR) and the latest I've heard is both of them are coming out of the 360 as well. Well that's a load of crap now. The only exclusive worthwhile from the PS3 is MGS4, which was really good, and LBP, which is quite good too. But that doesn't justify paying a lot more cash than just getting the 360.

Also, the 360's online community is a lot more better than PS3. NBA 2k9 has the Outsiders and Rashidi making rosters for the 360.

As the Game Overthinker put it, LBP is kinda out of place from the PS3 community. The PS3 is to most powerful machine out there, and true enough, LBP makes good use of that power, but the target market of LBP just can't afford the PS3.

Where are my favorite PS franchises right now? It's been 2 years since the PS3 launch.

1. Gran Turismo
2. Tekken
3. Final Fantasy
4. ICO / Shadow of the Collosus
5. Jak and Daxter
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:15 PM   #4
Styl3zT
High school junior varsity star

Styl3zT has an OK reputation so far

It's true that some of the major Playstation brand exclusives are now multiplat and it's sad to see. But if you look at the bigger picture the playstation right now is creating many exciting new franchises, with Little Big Planet, Resistance, Uncharted, M.A.G + many more
and of course the crazily hyped Killzone 2 which I think comes out next month, Final Fantasy XIII VERSUS, God of War 3 +many many more franchises of the past.
The only thing stopping the ps3 from advancing anywhere right now is the price and their non-existent marketing

The online community is growing by the day, I heard playstation home just came out and I saw some videos of it, it seems really promising.

*"console fanboys are a thriving species in this world"*
Styl3zT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:51 AM   #5
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styl3zT
The only thing stopping the ps3 from advancing anywhere right now is the price and their non-existent marketing

Are you kidding? Sony's new marketing for PS3 is the best it's been in a LONG time. Maybe you are missing the commercials, I dunno.

I agree on the multi-platform deals though, it sucks that I cant play some games because they are on xbox360. I guess I'll have to make a XBLA game for the company so I can get a 360 as a tax write-off hehe
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:20 AM   #6
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lol @ the geeky pseudo-intellectual from the OP's vid. What a douche.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: