Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-04-2006, 02:17 PM   #1
warriorsfan623
Decent playground baller

warriorsfan623 has an OK reputation so far
Default whos another josh smith type of player

im looking to trade josh smith..for a rebound type player...so who would be a josh smith type player i can add to replace him?
warriorsfan623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 02:25 PM   #2
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

well Josh is a stat filler. He'll likely get 15/7/4/2/1 or something like that. He's improved his shot I believe too, so he could get a three as ewll. Not many players like that in the league who are a "lesser" version. I suppose Ron Artest could be thought of as one, although he shoots a low FG%. And he's played very well, so he could be hard to get. Not sure of any others, although there are probably some better comparisons around the league.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 02:48 PM   #3
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Comparable to AK and G. Wallace
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 04:18 PM   #4
machi
I airball my layups

machi has an OK reputation so far

craziest thing... on a 12 man roto league, i just picked him up from the waivers, some fool dropped him from his roster. its still pending tho, but still. does he have an injury that i dont know about?
machi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 04:26 PM   #5
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nope, the guy in your league is just stupid.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:33 PM   #6
warriorsfan623
Decent playground baller

warriorsfan623 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by machi
craziest thing... on a 12 man roto league, i just picked him up from the waivers, some fool dropped him from his roster. its still pending tho, but still. does he have an injury that i dont know about?

haha what a steal...that guy must be an idiot
warriorsfan623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 04:54 PM   #7
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You don't have him yet, don't celebrate, you won't get him unless you have a high waiver priority.. like top 3.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:58 PM   #8
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Can you explain that to me Kingsfan? Or basically, waivers in general? I've never understood the concept.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:09 PM   #9
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

http://search2.cc.scd.yahoo.com/cct_...swer_id=166628
Old 11-04-2006, 05:19 PM   #10
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Okay, thanks a lot.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:38 PM   #11
arosete
Can barely lace up my sneakers

arosete has an OK reputation so far
Default re: whos another josh smith type of player

Lamar odom, although he cant get you nearly as many blocks
arosete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 06:44 PM   #12
RidonKs
NBA Legend

I'm thinking he wants someone with a little less value than Josh, so that he can get someone else as well. That's why I suggested Artest. Ron's normally drafted after Smith I believe (although I've seen him taken in the firsst round before). Guys like LO, Gerald Wallace, and Kirilenko all have similar games, but are all probably better than Smith is.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:57 PM   #13
machi
I airball my layups

machi has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
You don't have him yet, don't celebrate, you won't get him unless you have a high waiver priority.. like top 3.

I know, but still. I just never thought he'd be dropped unless he was injured or something. I have a pretty slim chance since I dropped Redick for Hughes RIGHT BEFORE Smith was dropped. Although the real kicker is, he was dropped for Chucky Atkins. CHUCKY F*CKING ATKINS!
machi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #14
sonics0034
Serious playground baller

sonics0034 has decent reputationsonics0034 has decent reputation

if you mean a josh smith type of player on the waiver wire, i would say rudy gay... he has blocks and some stls to go along with some offensive rebs and pts...
sonics0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 04:05 AM   #15
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

travis outlaw, u can probably pick him up and if gets time he'll have similar numbers to josh smith
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: