Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Default Re: Derrick Rose shooting in the ECF vs. Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Know how many times hes taken over 25 shots in the last 55 games?

The idea that he just takes a huge number of shots all the time just isnt based in reality. Reading ISH one might think he takes 28 shots a game.
    He averages 23 shots in the post season. 2 less than 25. He shot to much. I get that he has to carry the O at times, but when your PG is shooting 28 times in a game it's hard for guy's to get going. Boozer has been awful, but it's obvious to anyone with eyes that Deron got him going much better. No hate on Rose tho. He's a score first PG and that's his best asset so I don't expect him to score 20 and get 10 dimes, just not his game. He was just really inefficient. Between the turnsovers and bad shots, just had a really inefficient series. Not really arguable. Not the end of the world.

One thing I will say tho. He was awful in crunch time. Bulls stayed with the Heat on a few occasions and Rose just couldn't pull threw. Missed some free throws, airballed a jumper in that one game. Missed multiple shots down the stretch etc.

His age really showed in the series.

im a superhero

how does he not have any help when bulls nearly won every game in this series and he only shot 35% and 9.8% in the 4th quarter.

he has one of the best built teams around him in recent times.

Know how many times hes taken over 25 shots in the last 55 games?

The idea that he just takes a huge number of shots all the time just isnt based in reality. Reading ISH one might think he takes 28 shots a game.
    how many times has he took over 20 shots? Saying how many times he took 25 shots in the last 55 games makes it look as if you were skewing the stats in your favor

Local High School Star Copperhead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donald_trump
    how does he not have any help when bulls nearly won every game in this series and he only shot 35% and 9.8% in the 4th quarter.

Yeah, people really need to stop saying that ish that he doesn't have any help.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donald_trump

That's what I was thinking...and that is more testament to the fact that it was the defense that made this team as good as they were and not Derrick Rose. He was completely atrocious in three out of the five games and they still had a chance to win them all. I don't think you'll find an MVP who has had a worse playoff series than Derrick Rose did vs the heat here.

Luchini from the sky TheAnchorman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noble6-AC45

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Why would I count 20? he averages 20 a game. People act like he shoots a crazy number of shots all the time. 21 shots isnt just...absurd. I figured an nice round number. 25.

Decent playground baller The Judge's Avatar

He just shoots way too much. He's gotta tone it down. He's not a good shooter AT ALL. He chucks. And to top it off, he's not a smart person. He's gotta work on a lot of stuff. His basketball IQ for one.

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noble6-AC45

The Holy Trinity

My question is at what point does he become aware of the problem and modify the way he's playing? He was 8/27 on Tuesday, so he decided to take 29 shots tonight?

Ask a black dude ThePointGuard11's Avatar

He should NEVER EVER shoot three-pointers, he's much too good at getting all the way to the rim. He's a stupid player, period, takes stupid shots, makes bad decisions, turns the ball over a lot. He has loads of talent and has the POTENTIAL to be great, but his shot selection is questionable to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    Game 1: 28 points, 45%, 10/22 shooting

Game 2: 21 points, 30%, 7/23 shooting

Game 3: 20 points, 42%, 8/19 shooting

Game 4: 23 points, 30%, 8/27 shooting

Game 5: 25 points, 32%, 9/28 shooting

and his 8394938476 turnovers in this series, his BAD defense, crappy rebounding, and Rose missing WIDE OPEN shooters a GAZILLION times because if his STUPID selfishness and lack of passing ability.

Derrick Rose is GARBAGE !!

DeBrick Rose

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

My question is at what point does he become aware of the problem and modify the way he's playing? He was 8/27 on Tuesday, so he decided to take 29 shots tonight?
    Thats just it...he didnt...decide to take 29 shots. At least 5 of them were straight up against the shot clock/end of quarter balls where they gave it to him expecting him to go make a play. you cant gameplan for that. That happens when a team is overly reliant on a guy. When someone has to get rid of the ball...they look for Rose. End of quarter...Rose tries the halfcourt shot. 3 seconds left...hes gonna try to go coast to coast. Those arent plays within any offense. They are "You are the star" plays.

He probably actually set out to take 22-23 shots far as what he got the ball intending to do not under duress against a ticking clock. which is still a lot. But its not 27-29 like people ***** over.

Not taking the halfcourt heave end of the first, not taking the 3 with a second on the shot clock from Brewer getting trapped, or the 3 when Korver hit him with time running down, or the shot Lebron blocked that he had to take...

Thats not an option. He cant just...not shoot those shots.

But they pad his attempts nightly and people get upset like he just set out to take 26 shots because hes a bad teammate or something. And it really makes me wonder if im watching the same game they are. Because it happens every night...and people just come in and post a number of shots...as if they didnt see 2 halfcourt shots and 4 shots against the shot clock when a teammate threw it to him to get it off.

If the Bulls had one more reliable "Make something happen" scorer he would probably never have 30 shot games if only for guys having elsewhere to look when they just have to get a shot up.

The Holy Trinity

Thats just it...he didnt...decide to take 29 shots. At least 5 of them were straight up against the shot clock/end of quarter balls where they gave it to him expecting him to go make a play. you cant gameplan for that. That happens when a team is overly reliant on a guy. When someone has to get rid of the ball...they look for Rose. End of quarter...Rose tries the halfcourt shot. 3 seconds left...hes gonna try to go coast to coast. Those arent plays within any offense. They are "You are the star" plays.

He probably actually set out to take 22-23 shots far as what he got the ball intending to do not under duress against a ticking clock. which is still a lot. But its not 27-29 like people ***** over.

Not taking the halfcourt heave end of the first, not taking the 3 with a second on the shot clock from Brewer getting trapped, or the 3 when Korver hit him with time running down, or the shot Lebron blocked that he had to take...

Thats not an option. He cant just...not shoot those shots.

But they pad his attempts nightly and people get upset like he just set out to take 26 shots because hes a bad teammate or something. And it really makes me wonder if im watching the same game they are. Because it happens every night...and people just come in and post a number of shots...as if they didnt see 2 halfcourt shots and 4 shots against the shot clock when a teammate threw it to him to get it off.

If the Bulls had one more reliable "Make something happen" scorer he would probably never have 30 shot games if only for guys having elsewhere to look when they just have to get a shot up.
    But, every superstar player ends up taking shots like that, so you have to factor those into how much he chose to shoot, just like you would any other player. From my observation of them this year, the Bulls are best when Rose shoots less than 20 times, they move the ball, and beat teams with their defense. They seem to win in a lot of blowouts when they play like that.