Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-23-2007, 11:45 AM   #1
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Old Black Men.

Is it just me or do old black men tell the greatest stories ever? It could be your uncle, your grandpa or just some gut you meet at best buy.

It seems they were always the same place as some legendary black man. They'd tell you about the time they seen Wilt and Russell play, or seeing James Brown live or Sugar Ray Robinson box. They then compar those old timers to current people and finish it off with "yall young people ain't sh it."
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:48 AM   #2
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

Sagat has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Old Black Men.

I'm come to realize that older black people (both male and female) are typically nicer and more pleasant to be around then white old people. I can't explain it, but that's my assessment.

In particular, older black women are very calm, cool and collective. It's hard to get under their skin, and they just enjoy life no matter their circumstances. Probably the most wise creatures on this planet; older black women.
Sagat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 11:53 AM   #3
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagat
I'm come to realize that older black people (both male and female) are typically nicer and more pleasant to be around then white old people. I can't explain it, but that's my assessment.

In particular, older black women are very calm, cool and collective. It's hard to get under their skin, and they just enjoy life no matter their circumstances. Probably the most wise creatures on this planet; older black women.
ill agree to that.......old white people are depressing to be around (usually)
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:00 PM   #4
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

Quote:
ill agree to that.......old white people are depressing to be around (usually)

Older white people seem as if they want you to feel sorry for them. As if they're 110% helpless.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:12 PM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Older white people seem as if they want you to feel sorry for them. As if they're 110% helpless.
I'm white, which means the my grandparents ar old white people and they arn't miserable at all. My Grandad can be a tad bit boring at times, but is usually fun to be around and my Grandmother is fun to be around all the time. She's 73 (I think), losing her hearing, finding it hard to walk now but still looks at the bright side of everything. She cracks jokes all the time and makes me and siblings laugh all the time and whenever music starts playing she is the first to get up and dance. But other than that all old white people I know are rather grumpy and not nice to be around.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:15 PM   #6
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
In particular, older black women are very calm, cool and collective.

The term is cool, calm, and collected. Not trying to be a jerk...just a correction.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 12:24 PM   #7
Sagat
Tiger! Tiger!

Thanks for pointing that out.

It was a typo...

Old 08-23-2007, 12:29 PM   #8
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My grandpa played college basketball at Indiana University and fought in WWII. He had great stories and was FAR from boring, when I was just a young Randy he would take me to the YMCA and rebound for me until I made 100 jump shots (hey, it's hard when 8 years old). Sadly, he passed away when I was 17. I never really knew my other grandfather.

My grandmother immigrated here in 1939. She is Czech but her family was living in Poland at the time because there was a lot land for really cheap. And if you know anything about history, you know what was going on in Eastern Europe in the late 1930's. The Nazis made the Christian families (including my grandmothers) leave their town and walk roughly 70 kilometers in the dead of winter. My grandmother was lucky enough to have thick winter boots on; some of her friends got frostbite and lost some toes. As soon as she was able to, she left Europe and immigrated to Indiana.

So I don't know about other old white folks, but my grandparents kick major ass.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 04:17 PM   #9
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

I think the hardships experienced by your grand parents is directly related to how much they kick ass and love life in their old age.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:50 PM   #10
apeman222
i know the muffin man.

apeman222 has an OK reputation so far

im white...and old black dudes are usually the coolest people on the planet...ive never met an old black dude that i didnt like....

im not a racist, in fact im the farthest thing from one, sorry if my comment sounded bad....but you guys know what i mean....

-peace
apeman222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:41 PM   #11
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Old black people are cool. They've seen a lot during their lifetime. They've seen segregation, they were around for Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King. They've seen the most racist things happen, so they know things can't get any worse. They're usually pretty laid-back.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: