Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-31-2009, 11:04 PM   #76
djwhizard
drum & bass!

djwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected posterdjwhizard is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Lakers at Bobcats 3/31/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
you're misunderstanding me..i'm saying the team as a whole is not owrried about home court, and even if they were it's gone now....
so now it's time to get ready for the playoffs... rest the players that will carry the load in the playoffs, play them 20 minutes a game or so, work on the tightened rotations we'll see then let the deep bench get some playing time incase somebody needs to be pressed into action....

home court for the finals is over, gone, time to regroup and think about the big picture

treat the last games like preseason... start off slow work on things and ramp up for the playoffs

Only problem is with the last two losses - Lakers are not that far ahead of the Magic and the Celtics anymore. We might not have home court if we face the Cavs - but we should still try to keep a better record than the Magic (swept us in regular season) and the Celtics (we can't underestimate HCA against Boston) should we meet either of those teams in the finals.

So yes, rest the starters some - but don't tank the rest of the season and sit the starters completely... Would like to see Phil correct the bench and get them playing better together.
djwhizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:07 PM   #77
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwhizard
Only problem is with the last two losses - Lakers are not that far ahead of the Magic and the Celtics anymore. We might not have home court if we face the Cavs - but we should still try to keep a better record than the Magic (swept us in regular season) and the Celtics (we can't underestimate HCA against Boston) should we meet either of those teams in the finals.

So yes, rest the starters some - but don't tank the rest of the season and sit the starters completely... Would like to see Phil correct the bench and get them playing better together.

The Cavaliers and Magic don't worry me, but I think we absolutely need home-court advantage if we want to beat a healthy Celtics team.

If Phil wants to correct the bench, he can stop by ****ing around with the rotations. He put in Shannon Brown instead of Farmar when it's obvious that Shannon Brown won't see significant if any time in the playoffs. Why not try Sasha at the point?
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:05 AM   #78
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

both Cavs and Boston are a worry due to the great defense they play....they can lock you down. Lakers defense is a worry and if it isn't up to par will lose to whoever comes out of the east.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:03 AM   #79
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stupid Lakers and Kobe
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:15 AM   #80
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Inside the locker rooms
By Elliott Teaford

Quote:
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Here are some of the best postgame comments.

Lakers coach Phil Jackson on losing to Charlotte, 94-83: "We didn't play the game with the kind of vim and vigor that we normally do. They made five turnovers to start the third quarter and we only had one basket out of those. I think we misunderstood how to play this team. The type of energy we had is very disappointing when you are trying to get something working out there."

Jackson on the Lakers' 39.2 percent shooting: "Kobe (Bryant) couldn't hit shots. Lamar (Odom) looked good on his shots (but) our bench didn't do so well, so maybe it was (tired) legs. I'm not willing to say that just yet."

Bryant on the state of the team after consecutive losses: "We need to get it together and get back on track. We aren't doing a very good job of sharing the ball. We need to build momentum heading into the playoffs. I don't think fatigue is the reason we've lost two in a row."

Charlotte guard Raymond Felton on guarding Bryant: "Me and Raja (Bell) just tried to stay up on him and stay physical with him and bother him. He still hit some shots, but every shot he took was a tough shot. He's going to hit shots. Kobe is a great player. He's a workaholic. I've got to give most of the credit to Raja. I did my part when I played him a few minutes, but I've got to give it all to Raja."

Charlotte forward Gerald Wallace on winning six of seven against the Lakers: "We match up really well with them. I think we force Kobe to take a lot of tough shots and get him out of what we wants to do offensively. At the same time, we're able to attack them and take advantage of their weaknesses on their defensive end."
http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:24 AM   #81
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
you're misunderstanding me..i'm saying the team as a whole is not owrried about home court, and even if they were it's gone now....
so now it's time to get ready for the playoffs... rest the players that will carry the load in the playoffs, play them 20 minutes a game or so, work on the tightened rotations we'll see then let the deep bench get some playing time incase somebody needs to be pressed into action....

home court for the finals is over, gone, time to regroup and think about the big picture

treat the last games like preseason... start off slow work on things and ramp up for the playoffs

I understood that, Last night I was just sooo upset with the lakers..
I mean I have realized that the last few games the lakers have been "cruising" through them and I can understand that they want to take it easy and be healthy and rested for the playoff run,

But my problem is, where do you draw the line from taking it easy and playing so poorly that it becomes a bad habbit?

And I was upset with our bench. Like 8 points last night, a bench that used to give us 40, is now giving us 8. And it was actually 11, because sasha hit a worthless 3 when it was already over. Jordan Farmer is making bonehead plays, it just hurts to watch at somepoints of the game. Too many turn overs and all that.

MAYBE I'm over reacting, because it was just one game, but it's just the way they have been playing lately, especially Kobe. Our bench? What happend to it?

Guys like Farmar,Sasha,Powell,Luke have to start bringing it. These guys are affected by the team(Team plays well, has momentum, they play well. If the team is struggling, then they sure as hell arent going to take us out of the funk)

Again, maybe I'm over-reacting atm. Maybe 2 days later I'll feel diffrently, things always seem diffrent in retrospect
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:27 AM   #82
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
Inside the locker rooms
By Elliott Teaford

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/

"Bryant on the state of the team after consecutive losses: "We need to get it together and get back on track. We aren't doing a very good job of sharing the ball. We need to build momentum heading into the playoffs. I don't think fatigue is the reason we've lost two in a row."

lol.

Kobe, WE? or YOU? Just a question for a guy that shot 28 jumpshots in one game. 28 jumpshots on a team that has Pau,Lamar,Fish, etc.

The Italic part is what I was trying to get at! How I feel
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #83
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I couldn't figure out a good way to copy and paste this but it came from nba.com... it shows kobe's stats with a 0 days off, 1 day off etc..

0 Days Rest 17 17 37.1 .428 .371 .870 1.1 4.2 5.3 5.1 1.4 0.5 25.1
1 Day Rest 39 39 37.1 .474 .321 .855 1.1 4.5 5.6 5.2 1.5 0.3 28.9
2 Days Rest 12 12 35.1 .472 .316 .906 0.8 3.6 4.4 4.5 1.4 0.6 26.2
3 Days Rest 3 3 33.3 .482 .400 .722 1.3 2.0 3.3 4.0 2.3 2.0 23.7
3+ Days Rest 3 3 33.3 .500 .625 .842 2.3 5.0 7.3 3.7 1.0 1.0 24.3
SPLIT G GS MPG FG% 3P% FT% OFF DEF REB APG SPG BPG

At least he'll have time off during the playoffs
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: