Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Is Iramble24/7 an intellectual?

That pic made me laugh.

I also look at the evidences to make decisions.

I can write humor and serious post. I am not a one way trick pony. I have multiple literary skills.

The fact I am incredibly versed in philosophy proves beyond a shadow of doubt I am far above many posters in here from an intellectual standpoint.

If you don't know philosophy, then you don't know sh*t. Period. You can seperate an intellectual from an average simply by his knowledge of philosophy. Everything else is just about gathering information. True wisdom can only come from philosophy.

You can always tell a fool from a wise man by how much he yells

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    I can write humor and serious post. I am not a one way trick pony. I have multiple literary skills.

The fact I am incredibly versed in philosophy proves beyond a shadow of doubt I am far above many posters in here from an intellectual standpoint.

If you don't know philosophy, then you don't know sh*t. Period. You can seperate an intellectual from an average simply by his knowledge of philosophy. Everything else is just about gathering information. True wisdom can only come from philosophy.
    Elitist much.

So what's philosophy then?

You have no literary skills. This one thing is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkMambaGOAT
    Elitist much.

So what's philosophy then?
    If you want to know about religion, study philosophy. Politics? Every political system under the sun has been covered by it. Science? Philosophy gave birth to it; all the best scientist derived their theories from it. You want to know about morality, art, liberal arts, sociology, heck, every topic under the sun? Philosophy has the best answers for EVERYTHING you can think of.

But of course, your education tells you it is useless. You're in a whole new ball park when you pick up a philosophy book. Instead of gathering information and memorizing them, you have to think. This is why a philosopher is superior to the average person: the average person only learns to get a degree and make money, while a philosopher learns for the sake of learning. He loves doing it and it is something he pursues for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    You have no literary skills. This one thing is for sure.
    I am by far a much better writer than you. You can't even write more than one sentence without using an ad hoc.

Good college starter

The guy lives to the beat of his own drum, which is more than most on ISH can say. Everyone makes mistakes, but I've never witnessed him being overly obnoxious. He just says it as he sees it. I'd say he was a smart guy.

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    The guy lives to the beat of his own drum, which is more than most on ISH can say. Everyone makes mistakes, but I've never witnessed him being overly obnoxious. He just says it as he sees it. I'd say he was a smart guy.
    Did he die or what?

If you want to know about religion, study philosophy. Politics? Every political system under the sun has been covered by it. Science? Philosophy gave birth to it; all the best scientist derived their theories from it. You want to know about morality, art, liberal arts, sociology, heck, every topic under the sun? Philosophy has the best answers for EVERYTHING you can think of.

But of course, your education tells you it is useless. You're in a whole new ball park when you pick up a philosophy book. Instead of gathering information and memorizing them, you have to think. This is why a philosopher is superior to the average person: the average person only learns to get a degree and make money, while a philosopher learns for the sake of learning. He loves doing it and it is something he pursues for the rest of his life.
    A superiority complex/elitist mindset...here we go again
    [COLOR="White"]My question is still unanswered[/COLOR]

A superiority complex/elitist mindset...here we go again
    [COLOR="White"]My question is still unanswered[/COLOR]
    I'm not being elitist. I'm being real. You can learn about every topic under the sun if you study philosophy, on top of that, it has written the methodologies on the structure of thinking: mathematics and logic.

You can argue science produces intellectuals, but not the same as philosophy. Science is more of a tool that uses experimentation and observation to investigate the material world. It requires very little thinking. Philosophy is where you seperate the men from the boys. This is where all the thinking is done.

I'm not being elitist. I'm being real. You can learn about every topic under the sun if you study philosophy, on top of that, it has written the methodologies on the structure of thinking: mathematics and logic.

You can argue science produces intellectuals, but not the same as philosophy. Science is more of a tool that uses experimentation and observation to investigate the material world. It requires very little thinking. Philosophy is where you seperate the men from the boys. This is where all the thinking is done.
    White text please.

White text please.
    What? Stop being racist.

Quote Originally Posted by sweggeh
    Thank you. I don't know why I get so much hate around here. Thank god I never posted a picture on here: the jealously level would sky rocket through the roof.