Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Default Re: Israeli Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    Maccabi lost again and they are 1 out 5 for their last domestic games and maccabi was lucky to get that win. Congratulations to David Blumenthal he was his usual self in the fourth quarter 0 points in 15 minutes. What can I say Oded Kattash is the better coach.
    who leads at the moment in israel?

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    who leads at the moment in israel?
    Hapoel Holon, which in my opinion, are just as good as Maccabi.
    Meaning, in a series between the two, I'm not sure who would win.

Quote Originally Posted by gsafier
    Hapoel Holon, which in my opinion, are just as good as Maccabi.
    Meaning, in a series between the two, I'm not sure who would win.
    so lets say that miraculously maccabi do not win the league.who goes to the euroleague?is it always the champion?
    Or do maccabi have a guaranteed place?

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

It wouldn't be an issue, neither Hapoel Holon and Hapoel Jerusalem won't have a facility ready for the euroleague next year but when they do which will be soon than the israeli league will be in a different tier

Hey Maccabi lost again 5 out of the last 6 domestically, How's Sherf's job security since Kattash was fired for much less

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    so lets say that miraculously maccabi do not win the league.who goes to the euroleague?is it always the champion?
    Or do maccabi have a guaranteed place?
    First of al this year it wouldn't be so miraculous (though it does seem funny when you think Maccabi is supposed to be the 2nd best in Europe).

But if it happens, Maccabi's spot is safe and sound under a contract.
    Pretty much like the CSKA & Zalgiris contracts.
    That's on top of the arena's issue B.J mentioned before.

Quote Originally Posted by gsafier
    First of al this year it wouldn't be so miraculous (though it does seem funny when you think Maccabi is supposed to be the 2nd best in Europe).

But if it happens, Maccabi's spot is safe and sound under a contract.
    Pretty much like the CSKA & Zalgiris contracts.
    That's on top of the arena's issue B.J mentioned before.
    Yeah I thought so.the euroleague have triannual agreements with clubs based on their coefficient from domestic league,cups etc.Unicaja and TAU in Spain have guaranteed participation next year even if they go out of the league in the qtr finals.Unicaja finished 8th in the regular season and now have madrid in the qtrs, so they could be out,yet they will be in the euroleague.

Maccabi isn't a sure thing, I saw Nitzan Hanochi play today and if maccabi is going to put David Blumenthal on him than maccabi is going to lose. If the big euroleague teams are smart than they'll give Nitzan Hanochi an invite. He's talented enough to play in the nba but with league politics, he won't.

It's my opinion that Kattash is right about Sherf and I predicting Meir Tapiro and Nitzan Hanochi will have a solid final four and Bnei Hasharon will be domestic champions

It looks as if Tvika Sherf goes on drunk rampages at Lior Eliyahu at practice and the entire national team hates Sherf but yet he remains coach, why am I not surprised.

Maccabi stole the win against Bnei Hasharon, Bnei Hasharon was leading most of the game but should of played better, bnei blew a comfortable win
    Last edited by b.jerk; 05-27-2008 at 04:03 PM.

Thanks to Tubby Blumenthal Hapoel Holon is the champion of the bsl, next year Hapoel Holon along with Bnei Hasharon and perhaps hapoel jerusalem with Kattash as coach will be playing in the uleb.

Maccabi had the potential to be as good as a nba playoff team but instead management wanted to do things as they always did and as a result maccabi was second best in the winners cup, euroleague and the bsl. Kattash wanted a lineup for the future but Sherf had the final say and maccabi was always playing in the past with Blumenthal and Sharp and it's time for Maccabi and the national team to move on. Casspi maybe drafted but unsigned and maccabi has Anton Shoutvin so maccabi has a chance to be the dominant team next season but management needs a new plan for next season.

I thought the israeli's players improved a lot this year but until they have some individual strategy for a particular game, rebound, one-on-one breakdown the bsl will still be a one team league, the barrier was the strategy and game play and not athleticism. To often Meir Tapiro, Casspi, Shasson or Eliyahu would disappear because of a lack of a game plan or didn't have an idea for an one-on-one offensive breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    Thanks to Tubby Blumenthal Hapoel Holon is the champion of the bsl, next year Hapoel Holon along with Bnei Hasharon and perhaps hapoel jerusalem with Kattash as coach will be playing in the uleb.

Maccabi had the potential to be as good as a nba playoff team but instead management wanted to do things as they always did and as a result maccabi was second best in the winners cup, euroleague and the bsl. Kattash wanted a lineup for the future but Sherf had the final say and maccabi was always playing in the past with Blumenthal and Sharp and it's time for Maccabi and the national team to move on. Casspi maybe drafted but unsigned and maccabi has Anton Shoutvin so maccabi has a chance to be the dominant team next season but management needs a new plan for next season.

I thought the israeli's players improved a lot this year but until they have some individual strategy for a particular game, rebound, one-on-one breakdown the bsl will still be a one team league, the barrier was the strategy and game play and not athleticism. To often Meir Tapiro, Casspi, Shasson or Eliyahu would disappear because of a lack of a game plan or didn't have an idea for an one-on-one offensive breakdown.
    So Maccabi didn't win the israeli league?wow!
    Where is Vujcic going next season?he has just been released.

cartmanclone
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I can't watch a league based in an illegitemate country like Israel

Quote Originally Posted by cartmanclone
    I can't watch a league based in an illegitemate country like Israel
    There are reasons to feel that way but as long as there are people there that do exceptional work someone will always do business with israel
    Last edited by b.jerk; 06-02-2008 at 11:05 PM.