Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #1
LiLharvard
I see GREEN people..

LiLharvard has an OK reputation so far
Default Vans shoes

Ive had 3pairs of van shoes in my life. The first pair was a slip on style/no lace which I wore everywhere for any activity they lasted forever and the only reason I stopped wearing them was cos my family couldn't stand the smell of them.
From 15y.o.a to 21y.o.a I had a brief hiatus from vans I don't know why I think they went out of fashion/ anyway I bought a pair of Vans Knost e-street in 2011 and they were really cool shoes but they ended up falling apart from playing basketball and wearing everyday which Is understandable hence why we have basketball shoes designed for court use.

So 3days ago I buy a new pair of vans (authentics) and they are already falling apart.. The soles which line the fabric around my foot is starting to peel it's really frustrating cos I love vans what's the fkin deal with the life expectancy andy they arnt cheap either...are there warranty on these shoes. I've worked out I've worn them for 36hours and they are already falling apart.. Obscene. Do we have any vans heads who have experience short life with their shoes is this a trend... After all vans shoes are skate shoes originally.
LiLharvard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:16 AM   #2
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Vans shoes

Got my Vans on but the look like Sneakers ...
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #3
LiLharvard
I see GREEN people..

Vans fking suck.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #4
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i used to wear them when i was younger. i really liked the chukka boots they used to have. never had a pair just fall apart on me though.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:23 AM   #5
LiLharvard
I see GREEN people..

Converse is the way to go.

If you think vans are cool don't buy them your wasting your money on poor made pieces of shiit. You can even see the glue they use when you buy the shoe cos they fall apart within hours srs/ quality shoes are ususlly hand stitched i thought.. and I havnt been using these authentics for SB purposes straight up chilling and nothing else and I don't walk like an Asian dragging my feet etc.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:29 AM   #6
TheSilentKiller
5-time NBA All-Star

TheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTheSilentKiller is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLharvard
Ive had 3pairs of van shoes in my life. The first pair was a slip on style/no lace which I wore everywhere for any activity they lasted forever and the only reason I stopped wearing them was cos my family couldn't stand the smell of them.
From 15y.o.a to 21y.o.a I had a brief hiatus from vans I don't know why I think they went out of fashion/ anyway I bought a pair of Vans Knost e-street in 2011 and they were really cool shoes but they ended up falling apart from playing basketball and wearing everyday which Is understandable hence why we have basketball shoes designed for court use.

So 3days ago I buy a new pair of vans (authentics) and they are already falling apart.. The soles which line the fabric around my foot is starting to peel it's really frustrating cos I love vans what's the fkin deal with the life expectancy andy they arnt cheap either...are there warranty on these shoes. I've worked out I've worn them for 36hours and they are already falling apart.. Obscene. Do we have any vans heads who have experience short life with their shoes is this a trend... After all vans shoes are skate shoes originally.
The fact that you have harvard in your username is very ironic.
TheSilentKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:40 AM   #7
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This a fantastic story and a fascinating post.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:58 AM   #8
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
This a fantastic story and a fascinating post.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:11 AM   #9
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ah if only i could get my hands on these.... supreme x vans x mike carroll

SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:36 AM   #10
raprap
Local High School Star

raprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected posterraprap is a pretty well-respected poster

never owned a pair of vans. buy some Nike 6.0's next time bro, those are
raprap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:49 AM   #11
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLharvard
After all vans shoes are skate shoes originally.
i think they were surf shoes in the beginning and just got picked up by the skate community. original vans are the laceless slip-ons for surfers.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:18 AM   #12
franchise#3
Local High School Star

franchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation herefranchise#3 has a near all-star reputation here

chucks are the way to go
franchise#3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i think they were surf shoes in the beginning and just got picked up by the skate community. original vans are the laceless slip-ons for surfers.

Yep a classic

goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: