Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Boston Celtics Forum

Boston Celtics Forum Boston Celtics message board - Boston celtics fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2007, 08:26 PM   #1
picc84
Very good NBA starter
 
picc84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wash. D.C.
Posts: 7,723
Default Ray Allen will be the Celtic's Leading Scorer

I think this is becoming clearer after that thread we had a while back where everyone posted what they thought the big 3's season averages would be, and most had Allen at either #2 or #3 in scoring.

After watching a few of the preseason games, he definitely has the most propensity to shoot the ball. Plus, with KG in the middle the 3 point shots have really opened up, and he is obviously a better 3 shooter than Pierce.

Pierce has been doing most of his offense through isolations, through which he's looking to pass more than to score most of the time, while Allen has been moving and cutting through screens, catching the ball and shooting. KG also is looking to pass out of the post after being doubled more than he is to score. When Ray gets the ball, he's just been looking to shoot, pretty much every time. I predict:

Ray: 24ppg
Pierce: 22ppg
KG: 18ppg

Doc will use Pierce and KG's isolation/postups to open things up for everyone else more than to get them their points.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:38 PM   #2
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!
 
Mr_Basketball#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Eddie House
Posts: 6,627
Default Re: Ray Allen will be the Celtic's Leading Scorer

I still think it will be Pierce, but with Ray Ray right behind him.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 08:45 PM   #3
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,832
Default Re: Ray Allen will be the Celtic's Leading Scorer

He has a chance for sure. It will either be Pierce or Allen, KG will be in the 20-21 point range.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:17 PM   #4
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 39,207
Default Re: Ray Allen will be the Celtic's Leading Scorer

I think KG, Allen and or Pierce will lead the Celtics in scoring, one of those three.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 09:21 PM   #5
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted
 
bigkingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Land of 1 NBA Championship*
Posts: 18,997
Default Re: Ray Allen will be the Celtic's Leading Scorer

rondo will make it too close for comfort.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:47 PM   #6
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star
 
Aussie Dunker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,917
Default Re: Ray Allen will be the Celtic's Leading Scorer

dont forget my main man perkins...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:49 PM   #7
artificial
:-P
 
artificial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: alone with everyone
Posts: 4,579
Default Re: Ray Allen will be the Celtic's Leading Scorer

As long as they win, who scores the most shouldn't be an issue. We all know the big 3 can score whenever they feel like it.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:54 PM   #8
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: A Court Near You
Posts: 8,079
Default Re: Ray Allen will be the Celtic's Leading Scorer

Quote:
As long as they win, who scores the most shouldn't be an issue. We all know the big 3 can score whenever they feel like it.

Actually I don't "know" that they can score whenever they feel like it. Kevin Garnett, for example, wouldn't score 4-6 points in close fourth quarter games if he could score whenever he felt like it. Thats happened numerous times.

He's a versatile scorer, but he's not someone that can score whenever he feels like it. Not even close.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 10:55 PM   #9
tmacyaokobe01
Banned
 
tmacyaokobe01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 412
Default Re: Ray Allen will be the Celtic's Leading Scorer

James Posey the best pure scorer in the NBA today
tmacyaokobe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:00 PM   #10
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.
 
wang4three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,922
Default Re: Ray Allen will be the Celtic's Leading Scorer

Sounds about right. Seeing how Paul is going to have to guard the best perimeter player on the opposing team, Ray will have to make up the difference by scoring more.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:01 PM   #11
artificial
:-P
 
artificial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: alone with everyone
Posts: 4,579
Default Re: Ray Allen will be the Celtic's Leading Scorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Actually I don't "know" that they can score whenever they feel like it. Kevin Garnett, for example, wouldn't score 4-6 points in close fourth quarter games if he could score whenever he felt like it. Thats happened numerous times.

He's a versatile scorer, but he's not someone that can score whenever he feels like it. Not even close.
True, didn't thought about it that closely. I still think he could score whenever he needs to, but that is certainly based more in his versatility rather than how effectively he scores when he is needed to.

Though I think this thread would be more interesting if it asked who will be the C's go to guy. But the thread creator may claim that that was the objective.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 11:17 PM   #12
bomber
Decent college freshman
 
bomber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,598
Default Re: Ray Allen will be the Celtic's Leading Scorer

I think people are under rating Brian Scalabrine again. He's basically KG with Ray's shooting touch.

On a more serious note, I think we have people assuming that one guy is gonna be option 1, another will be 2, and then the third wheel.

In reality, all three guys are gonna have nights when they are the go to guy, just a matter of who gets hot and when. We probably won't know who will lead the team in PPG until the last 3-4 games IMO.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 02:15 AM   #13
geeWiz15
Banned
 
geeWiz15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: limbo
Posts: 5,255
Default Re: Ray Allen will be the Celtic's Leading Scorer

let's say he hits 4 threes a game.

what cause does he have to do anything else? he's not as good as creating his own shot as Pierce and he's not as good as creating his own shot or shots for other people as KG and Rondo will be controlling the ball.

in Seattle Allen controlled the ball. he was "the man." yes you notice his threes, but most of his points were created by himself and were scored inside the arc. in Boston he's going to be a roleplayer. his points'll drop. I say 20ppg. Antawn Jamison gets 20ppg playing off ball as a 3rd option on a team with no depth- I believe so will Allen.

your argument that he'll be open a lot- you're right. let's say he played in Phoenix. he probably would hit 250 or more threes. but again what reason does he have to get the rest of the points he got in Seattle? Steve Nash controls the ball. Amare's the primary scoring option. Diaw and Hill are both more sensible secondary creators. Allen would just be a three point shooter, just like he's just going to be a three point shooter in Boston.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:50 AM   #14
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World
 
loot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,014
Default Re: Ray Allen will be the Celtic's Leading Scorer

can someone make ANOTHER one of thos efunny jokes about one of the Celtics scrubs leading them in scoring? Maybe you could use Leon Powe.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:51 AM   #15
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World
 
loot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,014
Default Re: Ray Allen will be the Celtic's Leading Scorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
let's say he hits 4 threes a game.

what cause does he have to do anything else? he's not as good as creating his own shot as Pierce and he's not as good as creating his own shot or shots for other people as KG and Rondo will be controlling the ball.

in Seattle Allen controlled the ball. he was "the man." yes you notice his threes, but most of his points were created by himself and were scored inside the arc. in Boston he's going to be a roleplayer. his points'll drop. I say 20ppg. Antawn Jamison gets 20ppg playing off ball as a 3rd option on a team with no depth- I believe so will Allen.

your argument that he'll be open a lot- you're right. let's say he played in Phoenix. he probably would hit 250 or more threes. but again what reason does he have to get the rest of the points he got in Seattle? Steve Nash controls the ball. Amare's the primary scoring option. Diaw and Hill are both more sensible secondary creators. Allen would just be a three point shooter, just like he's just going to be a three point shooter in Boston.


you make it sound like ther'll be only 3pt shots left. do you watch basketball? even at that, do rivers wants ray allen to play pg for stretches too,.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy