Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Cuba

Default Re: easy solution to Cavs PG problem

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

So, you are lobbying for a guy like Michael Redd, who may be available to us? I don't know. We've tried to bring in shooters before and it hasn't eased the problem. Granted, no one as skilled as Redd, but I'm thinking that the problem lies elsewhere.

That's mainly because none of the shooters who were brought in can create their own shots off the dribble. The plays that were run for Hughes would work much better with Redd, especially the curl screens where Hughes bricked many open jumpers from 15-18 feet. Unlike Hughes, his skills are more of a compliment to LeBron, and he can make his own shot without LeBron's help, which the Cavs dont have.

As I said, plug Jason Richardson or Redd into the current Cavs in place of Wally and they get by the Celtics.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: easy solution to Cavs PG problem

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    That's mainly because none of the shooters who were brought in can create their own shots off the dribble. The plays that were run for Hughes would work much better with Redd, especially the curl screens where Hughes bricked many open jumpers from 15-18 feet. Unlike Hughes, his skills are more of a compliment to LeBron, and he can make his own shot without LeBron's help, which the Cavs dont have.

As I said, plug Jason Richardson or Redd into the current Cavs in place of Wally and they get by the Celtics.
    I'm not sure those were actual plays run for Hughes. I don't think Mike Brown knew what a play was before this year.

But the rest of your post is spot on. We need a scorer that looks to create his own shot, and an outside shot would be an added bonus. Then a few role player type spot up shooters would probably round out the lineup.

I don't think the answer is another inside presence. It might get us a title if we had an all star type big man down there, but I don't think it's the only solution, and I think it would have to be a hell of a big man to make up for the lack of a perimeter threat we have now.

Mathius