Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 12-02-2016, 01:59 AM   #1981
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

There's a lot of defense that is just about effort. For Ingram to be giving that kind of effort says a lot about where he's headed. He's going to put in the work. Rookies don't really have super high IQ's. It takes them a few years to really learn the game. In a few years he's going to be a very nice player. The Lakers are finally headed in the right direction, although it sucks that they won't have another first round pick this year. That would have helped speed things up more.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 03:57 AM   #1982
$LakerGold

Default Re: ☆NBA General FA/Trade Ideas | Rumors | Offseason | Discussion | Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Not just the efforts but also his basketball IQ and instincts. The KD comparisons were really unfair esp when doubters are already saying he is a "failure".
I would be ecstatic if he can be a poor man's Scottie Pippen, with a better perimeter shot.
btw Where the hell is everybody?
I know life can be busy but man, All of us are always busy..since Shaq days...
Are they just Kobe fans or what? Lakers just managed to win a game where they shot poorly and made a ton of turnovers, against a decent team on the road. Yes, the Bulls also had a bad game but they had 3 solid vets while the Lakers were full of young guns.
True.

What do you mean by everybody? The posters during post-Dwightmare were a part of a group called 'BTE' in the 'Off the Court' forum, so & so happened & they decided to create their own forum this year. DMV was one of them, he used to post here. Bosnian & AirTupac are fighting semi-trolling in the NBA forum. I know where gts posts. Lakerfreak just started posting again.
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:03 AM   #1983
dd24
NBA lottery pick

He's right though, the forum has been slow.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:52 PM   #1984
tamaraw08
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
He's right though, the forum has been slow.

oh hi DD, nice of you to drop by.
How have you been? Have you seen other regulars lately?
crisoner, bladfd etc?
What do you think are the main reasons why this board has been slow.
Can't whine about the coach? no more Kobe?
Can't complain about Jimmy Buss? Players persona are too boring?
What the hell is it?
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 05:45 PM   #1985
dd24
NBA lottery pick

I honestly have no clue. I think this team is a pretty good watch. We have a lot to be excited about. I think it's fun to watch the growth of a young team. To a certain extent at least. There comes a point where it plateaus if they aren't really in the mix at some point, but we aren't close to that with this core yet. For me I've been busy with a different schedule so it's affected my posting. I'm not sure what happened to the others.
Old 12-02-2016, 06:47 PM   #1986
$LakerGold

Yes, it has been really slow. I think forums in general are starting to slowly die down a bit seeing how active Twitter has become. But the thing is, I can't discuss basketball-related topics with Twitter users knowing the majority of these people are your average casual fans. It's the ones who are in forums that are more knowledgeable about the game, I believe. Twitter has become this basketball discussion central for everyone. Hell, I live tweet, tweet a couple of things to knowledgeable people that I know on Twitter, but that's it. If Twitter removes their character limitation & adds like a forum function type, that might be our new ISH.

& If we're really going to talk about the state of this forum, then I'm going to say that I really enjoy it here, it's just too bad that ISH is also dying as well, and it has been for a couple of years now. I don't really mind it dying since it's really out of my hands & as long as the regulars are here, then I'll keep it on posting.

Crisoner is "semi-retired" still , I think I saw him post this offseason, & as for Blade he's probably busy as well. But, hey, people will always come around. We had a new member here btw, but no one seemed to respond to his posts. I don't know if he left this forum or is on hiatus.

Idk, enjoy fellas. It will be one interesting season. Holy shit. I actually can't wait to watch 82 games, I still have yet to miss a game this season, the goal is to watch all 82, which I have never done before

ISH-Laker forum for life. Since 2007.

Btw, Kkinchen is here as well.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:02 PM   #1987
$LakerGold

Guys, the rumor of Phil joining the Lakers is back again. No disrespect, but the Lakers are finally on the right path now, who knows what type of experiment he'll end up doing with the roster. Seems like Phil's a mess without Mitch in terms managing a team. NY has a bright future in Porzingis, but Phil seems to not know how to build around him & Melo (though, the D-Rose signing was good).

Just....what's Phil doing with that roster? I'm totally confused.
Old 12-03-2016, 01:39 AM   #1988
dd24
NBA lottery pick

Phil needs to get over the triangle. That's his main issue. He's pretty good at the rest of the stuff. He just needs to let his coach have his own system. There's not really a guy in the NBA right now you can build the triangle around. Not to mention mid range jumpers just aren't the trend anymore.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: