Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Serious playground baller

Default The Cavs would not be contenders without LeBron, but he IS NOT carrying them.

You can't be considered to be carrying your team shooting such an abysmal percentage from the field. He's like 7 for 50 from three and he can't buy a jumpshot this post season. He has not been great by any stretch of the imagination and the other players (Tristan, Jr) have been a huge reason why the Cavs have one, sometimes even being a bigger reason than Lebron himself.

Go back and look at Bron from 2009. That's carrying a team. That's being great and playing lights out. It's a shame he had no bigs that could defend and in turn made Dwight look like Shaq in his prime in the ECF
    Last edited by aburre21; 05-23-2015 at 02:26 AM.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default Re: The Cavs would not be contenders without LeBron, but he IS NOT carrying them.

Assisted or scored on 60 points. LeBron helps put his teammates in situations to get wide open buckets. I think he assisted on 8 or 9 three pointers tonight

Local High School Star SpaceJammeR's Avatar

Default Re: The Cavs would not be contenders without LeBron, but he IS NOT carrying them.

Yes he is. Leading the team in scoring, rebound and assist. And being the team leader while his 2nd and 3rd option is out or injured is carrying the team. Because of lebrons versatility they can win games without love or irving.

are you saying that lebron's biggest weapon all these years was his 3 point shooting ?
    are you saying the best finisher at the rim of all time is not impacting games without 3 pointers?

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

he makes everyone better just with his presence

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Assisted or scored on 60 points. LeBron helps put his teammates in situations to get wide open buckets. I think he assisted on 8 or 9 three pointers tonight
    This.

Thread backfired...

\thread

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aburre21
    You can't be considered to be carrying your team shooting such an abysmal percentage from the field. He's like 7 for 50 from three and he can't buy a jumpshot this post season. He has not been great by any stretch of the imagination and the other players (Tristan, Jr) have been a huge reason why the Cavs have one, sometimes even being a bigger reason than Lebron himself.

Go back and look at Bron from 2009. That's carrying a team. That's being great and playing lights out. It's a shame he had no bigs that could defend and in turn made Dwight look like Shaq in his prime in the ECF
    You must be talking about the Bulls series...because yes, Lebron wasn't great in that series.

But he's been ballin' vs Atlanta and you're gonna have to deal with it.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    You must be talking about the Bulls series...because yes, Lebron wasn't great in that series.

But he's been ballin' vs Atlanta and you're gonna have to deal with it.
    I'm a LeBron fan

I want nothing more than to see him get hot, start hitting his jumper, and go on an all time great scoring run and win a ring...but me being a fan doesn't cloud my judgment. He has not been close to great. He's been painful to watch sometimes honestly. Turnovers, holding/pounding the ball, looking pitiful in iso situations, bricking jumper after jumper. I expect better but its ok if you don't.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aburre21
    I'm a LeBron fan

I want nothing more than to see him get hot, start hitting his jumper, and go on an all time great scoring run and win a ring...but me being a fan doesn't cloud my judgment. He has not been close to great. He's been painful to watch sometimes honestly. Turnovers, holding/pounding the ball, looking pitiful in iso situations, bricking jumper after jumper. I expect better but its ok if you don't.
    What do you expect? Perfect games EVERY game? I'll never understand why people hold Lebron to impossible standards.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Relinquish
    What do you expect? Perfect games EVERY game? I'll never understand why people hold Lebron to impossible standards.
    How about holding him to shooting better than 7 for 50 from down town.

Bran stans, doe.

No one is holding him down. His shot isn't falling down. He is just too versatile so he scores by other ways like playing in the post or driving to the rim. He is also rebounding really well plus his assist almost always result in a 3.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

your players have to be good to knock down those shots.... if he was passing it to himself his team woulda got bounced by the hobbled no offense bulls.

Why is this impressive? He has the ball most of the time. The guy who passes to LeBron would have good stats for the hockey assist.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    your players have to be good to knock down those shots.... if he was passing it to himself his team woulda got bounced by the hobbled no offense bulls.
    Pretty sure NBA scrubs can hit their open shots, especially perimeter players

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    Pretty sure NBA scrubs can hit their open shots, especially perimeter players
    nope, shump and JR couldn't hit the broad side of a barn in an empty gym before they got to cleveland.