Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Euroleague 2012-2013 Discussion

Unics vs. Ratiopharm
    Le Mans vs. Donetsk
    Nymburk vs. Oostende
    Cantu vs. Lukoil

I've watched a few preseason games and Djordje Gagic from Partizan looks like a huge talent. Donetsk has put together a nice team this year.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Default Re: Euroleague 2012-2013 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder

I've watched a few preseason games and Djordje Gagic from Partizan looks like a huge talent.
    He's great but he makes fauls very fast , if he stops doing that he can become weaker version of Pekovic but better rebounder . Westermann also impressed me and he will prove that he was MVP of u20 for a reason , I also think that Lucic will be one of the best SFs in Europe next season .

Out of these teams, the only two that have a Euroleague level roster are Cantu and UNICS. Cantu plays at home, so they should have the advantage, even though UNICS probably has a better team.

Donetsk does have a nice team (for Eurocup level), but they don't have the quality to beat Cantu on the road IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    He's great but he makes fauls very fast , if he stops doing that he can become weaker version of Pekovic but better rebounder . Westermann also impressed me and he will prove that he was MVP of u20 for a reason , I also think that Lucic will be one of the best SFs in Europe next season .

I think Partizan needs to seriously stop bringing in more young players every year. I see this as a team with no chance at being competitive. Not even remotely.

Partizan's management is starting to become stupid. Sure they have a small budget for Euroleague, but it's still big enough to sign a MUCH better roster than what they did.

I don't even see that team being all that competitive in Eurocup level, let along Euroleague.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    I think Partizan needs to seriously stop bringing in more young players every year. I see this as a team with no chance at being competitive. Not even remotely.

Partizan's management is starting to become stupid. Sure they have a small budget for Euroleague, but it's still big enough to sign a MUCH better roster than what they did.

I don't even see that team being all that competitive in Eurocup level, let along Euroleague.
    They said that their budget for this season is 2,5 milion

[QUOTE=Fiba basketball]They said that their budget for this season is 2,5 milion

I don't really care what their budget is. Their team has no chance of being competitive, this year or next year. Not with the current roster. They are almost making a mockery of Euroleague.

It's like they are running a youth developmental program, while Euroleague rules give them a place each season no matter what, since they have no other team to compete for their place.

I am just sick of all these teams that have no intention of even trying to compete. Partizan is now copying the same model that Olimpija has been using. It ruins it for the fans. It used to be fun seeing games in Belgrade, and now it's just boring as hell.
    I'll quote this when Partizan makes top 16 .

I'll quote this when Partizan makes top 16 .
    Even if they make Top 16 it means nothing ( I was not even necessarily saying they would not - as there are always crap teams to beat in regular season ). They won't be competitive. I am saying they can't be competitive. I don't want to see teams going 2-12 or 3-13 in Top 16 but that's probably what we will see.

Partizan is going to be struggling just like they did when Gist was there in Top 16. Only difference is now there are something like 14 or 16 games in Top 16.

Euroleague making that change, and then teams like Partizan and Olimpija going with all these young players, it just does not look right. Even Lietuvos Rytas is doing it now too.

Top 16 could be terrible with this. Surely you realize that a team that young, with not a single leader or star can't compete at Top 16 level?

Even if they make Top 16 it means nothing ( I was not even necessarily saying they would not - as there are always crap teams to beat in regular season ). They won't be competitive. I am saying they can't be competitive. I don't want to see teams going 2-12 or 3-13 in Top 16 but that's probably what we will see.

Partizan is going to be struggling just like they did when Gist was there in Top 16. Only difference is now there are something like 14 or 16 games in Top 16.

Euroleague making that change, and then teams like Partizan and Olimpija going with all these young players, it just does not look right. Even Lietuvos Rytas is doing it now too.

Top 16 could be terrible with this. Surely you realize that a team that young, with not a single leader or star can't compete at Top 16 level?
    Well I think that Partizan will have a leader and maybe even a star . As I said they don't want to compete this season , they want to compete in next season and thats why they got lot of talented players .

Well I think that Partizan will have a leader and maybe even a star . As I said they don't want to compete this season , they want to compete in next season and thats why they got lot of talented players .
    I think it'll be fun to watch Partizan grow as the season goes on. Drew Gordon is a good young player and will be a nice fit for the European game and Davis Bertans could have a breakout year. I like the potential of Bogdan Bogdanovic, Gagic, Lucic, and Andjusic as well. Not much experience, but lots of talent...

I don't feel like starting another thread, but Real won the SuperCopa today to make it a sweep in basketball and football.

Rudy has 22 points and one of my favorite players in Europe, Jaycee Carroll had 17. Nathan Jawai lead Bar

[QUOTE=Grinder]I think it'll be fun to watch Partizan grow as the season goes on. Drew Gordon is a good young player and will be a nice fit for the European game and Davis Bertans could have a breakout year. I like the potential of Bogdan Bogdanovic, Gagic, Lucic, and Andjusic as well. Not much experience, but lots of talent...

I don't feel like starting another thread, but Real won the SuperCopa today to make it a sweep in basketball and football.

Rudy has 22 points and one of my favorite players in Europe, Jaycee Carroll had 17. Nathan Jawai lead Bar

There are rumors that Velickovic might come back to Partizan so with him this joung team could do a lot . I don't think Andjusic will play much this season because Bogdanovic is just as good at shooting but is better defender and defense will most important for this team next season . Did you saw Partizan Khimki game and how great Partizan played defense , if they play defense like that every game they should make top 16 and have a chance for top 8 . I watched Real Barsa and it was good game , I like what Laso has done with Real since he became coach thats why Real is my favorite spanish team in basketball . Caroll is also one of my favorite players you just have to like him when you see him play , he's just one of those players that you can enjoy watching even if you don't follow basketball .
    Your team is way too young to make the playoffs. Be realistic. Top 16 will be a big success for Partizan.

I don't like Barca's team this year, as I told Grinder they should not be called "elite" this year.

Their team was always 50% Navarro and it appears that he is very near to the end of his playing days as his body has totally broken down in the last year and he has really bad feet.

Huertas and Lorbek is a great start (except that Huertas plays no defense at all)...but old washed up Mickeal, Jawai, Ingles, Wallace, old washed up Saras, Tomic, Sada - their role players leave a lot to be desired.

It's going to be tough for them in ACB dealing with Real Madrid and even teams like Bilbao and Baskonia. And Euroleague....they are not in contention unless Navarro has a miracle recovery.

I'm not sure what the hell their management is doing, because they have made some strange moves in the last 2 years. I mean players like Tomic, Jawai, Wallace, and Ingles are decent enough, but nowhere near the level needed of a Euroleague champion.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 09-23-2012 at 06:42 PM.

I agree, Barcelona doesn't look as strong as last seasons. IMO Madrid will easily win the league.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    I agree, Barcelona doesn't look as strong as last seasons. IMO Madrid will easily win the league.
    I am thinking maybe a Bilbao - Real Madrid finals.

I am thinking maybe a Bilbao - Real Madrid finals.
    Caja Laboral ?