Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    I rep Lakers!

Default Re: Kobe Bryant agrees to 2-year Lakers extension

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    Next year, Nash becomes an expirer.
    It will be a lot easier to trade him then.

Maybe summer 2015:

Raptors get

Steve Nash
    1st round pick (top 15 protected)

Lakers get

DeMar DeRozan
    Lakers just need cap space right now and would only take back expiring contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    Lakers just need cap space right now and would only take back expiring contracts.
    They are at 36 million right now with Nash for next season.
    Depending on what they do with Pau and how much he gets, they will still have cap space to get another player.
    Anthony is probably not going to leave New York, since he's with CAA and CAA runs the Knicks.

DeRozan would be a pretty option and he has a contract that would fit with the Lakers.

That delays the rebuilding process for 2 more years. With Kobe taking up around 40% of the Lakers cap space, I don't see any possible way for this team to be contenders.

Lakers fans got their Kobe back though.

This f orum sucks dick

Kobe should definitely be getting paid more, kudos to him for taking a pay cut. And Kudos to the Lakers for paying their players honestly the right way instead of giving their star player a ridiculously low contract and paying them under the table like so many other teams(Heat,Rockets, Nets ). Most classy Franchise in the NBA

So glad I stayed home from school today. Now I get to see Laker "fans" make a complete fool out of themselves in this thread.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    They are at 36 million right now with Nash for next season.
    Depending on what they do with Pau and how much he gets, they will still have cap space to get another player.
    Anthony is probably not going to leave New York, since he's with CAA and CAA runs the Knicks.

DeRozan would be a pretty option and he has a contract that would fit with the Lakers.
    Nah. I think the front office will focus on retaining the role players we have now. And Nash and Gasol are as good as gone. So, without Nash's 9mil, if we waive Harris and Sacre that leaves us at like 25mil going into the off season. I think we get Anthony too but I see us going after a front court player like Monroe since Gasol will be gone. People forget that we can still add a player making 10mil and Monroe fits that perfectly.

Gonna sleep again, and hopefully when I wake up, Kobe's contract will become 3 years 48.5 million instead of 2

National High School Star b0bab0i's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe -- Agrees to 2 year extension [Dan Patrick Show]?

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    Tim Duncan could have gotten a similar contract. He's a big man and played brilliantly last year and isn't coming off an injury. Instead he took 30 millions over 3 years giving the Spurs the flexibility to keep their roster intact and add other pieces.

Kobe is not that type of person.
    THis!

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    Nah. I think the front office will focus on retaining the role players we have now. And Nash and Gasol are as good as gone. So, without Nash's 9mil, if we waive Harris and Sacre that leaves us at like 25mil going into the off season. I think we get Anthony too but I see us going after a front court player like Monroe since Gasol will be gone.
    Monroe is restricted, so the Pistons can always match. And they will have Stuckey and Villanueva coming off the books, so they will have cap space to match and keep Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by VIntageNOvel
    Jesus! Jim Buss looks like a fvcking hillbilly. Buy some decent clothes motherfvcker!

Someone needs to bookmark this thread as the incontrovertible evidence separating laker fans from Kobe fans.

This signing basically guarantees the lakers are mediocre for next 3 years. They can only barely afford one other max guy but who is going to come? There won't be sufficent talent to win.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Wow, just wow. Lakers are screwed.

The first thing Kobe should do, not only for the Lakers and their fans, but also for all of us on this board, is to take Jim Buss out and pay for a haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Someone needs to bookmark this thread as the incontrovertible evidence separating laker fans from Kobe fans.

This signing basically guarantees the lakers are mediocre for next 3 years. They can only barely afford one other max guy but who is going to come? There won't be sufficent talent to win.
    I like that Kobe will Lakers forever, but I just can't like that the Lakers organization purposely chose to be mediocre in the next few years.

Why didn't Kobe take a deal of minimum per season for 2 years?
    Then when he retires, he can get a deal of 30 million per season as an announcer for the Lakers for two seasons?