Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops


Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2010, 05:04 PM   #61
SinJackal
Banned
 
SinJackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,362
Default Re: Big Z to Miami....

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
The Heat were one of, if not, the oldest team in the NBA in 2006.

Their balance back then was far better than it is now. Shaq was still very good, Zo was very productive still. Replacing that with the crappy Ilgauskis and overrated Bosh. . .their interior defense isn't even half what it was back then. Heat are primarily a driving/shooting team (even Bosh is more of a shooter and off the dribble scorer). They lack size up front, and their oversized backcourt does not make up for it imo.

It's not gonna work like 2006. imo
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:07 PM   #62
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman
 
InfiniteBaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,769
Default Re: Big Z to Miami....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
Their balance back then was far better than it is now. Shaq was still very good, Zo was very productive still. Replacing that with the crappy Ilgauskis and overrated Bosh. . .their interior defense isn't even half what it was back then. Heat are primarily a driving/shooting team (even Bosh is more of a shooter and off the dribble scorer). They lack size up front, and their oversized backcourt does not make up for it imo.

It's not gonna work like 2006. imo

They have more offense than they did in 2006. And if you thought that there were a lot of whistles in the 2006 finals...
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:09 PM   #63
SinJackal
Banned
 
SinJackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 6,362
Default Re: Big Z to Miami....

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
They have more offense than they did in 2006. And if you thought that there were a lot of whistles in the 2006 finals...

Oh god, don't remind me.

Thier offense is def' better, I agree 100%. Their D is far worse though. I'm not seeing that style beating whoever comes out of the west. Every top western conf' team has a lot of bigs.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:09 PM   #64
NugzFan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
NugzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nugget Nation
Posts: 7,191
Default Re: Big Z to Miami....

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lebron LBJ
I'm sure Cavs fans understand this, Z deserves a ring.

no player deserves a ring. not even lebron. you earn a ring.

ring chasers = gay
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:10 PM   #65
NugzFan
NBA sixth man of the year
 
NugzFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nugget Nation
Posts: 7,191
Default Re: Big Z to Miami....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0000000
Heat signed Juwan Howard too? Haha, well Florida is a retirement state anyway.

well said.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #66
BFRESH44
Decent college freshman
 
BFRESH44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coral Gables/Miami, FL
Posts: 2,891
Default Re: Big Z to Miami....

SinJackal is a character, man....
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #67
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,823
Default Re: Big Z to Miami....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
Obviously a good signing. "won't fit in with the Heat's fast-paced play?" How many guys does a team really need to be running and jumping at one time? Was Showtime "slowed down" by Kareem? These guys are trying to win a title every year until Wade turns 35. Averaging 102ppg instead of 106ppg in the regular season because Z's 20mpg encourage halfcourt play is not going to bring this team down, let's be serious.

I for one thing the Z signing is ideal. Remember in Cleveland, when all Lebron had for like 2 years as an option besides himself was hitting Z who had just popped out to 18-20 feet for a jumper that went in, it seems like, every single time? Don't you think it's good that the Heat have a center like that, considering their 2 main options both need the paint opened up for them to be their best?

If this team truly can get Miller, Haslem AND Z around the big 3, they don't just have 3 top 10 players; they have 3 top 10 players surrounded by 3 of the best roleplayers imaginable. These guys are the very definition of solid. The only way they could top it would be to add Fisher and Battier, or something.

Big Z at one point was good, but now he is just slow. I don't think he will help the Heat all that much. Haslem and Miller though, they are definitely going to help a lot, however I would still be concerned about the interior defense. If Dampier were to sign here (I'm sure Bobcats will release him) then that definitely would be a HUGE help.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:16 PM   #68
33teeth
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 903
Default Re: Big Z to Miami....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Exactly. He sucked 100+ million out of the Cavs organization through several injury prone seasons.

33teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:17 PM   #69
Glide2keva
NBA rookie of the year
 
Glide2keva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,763
Default Re: Big Z to Miami....

Who wants to buy some DVD's?
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:25 PM   #70
triangleoffense
Fire Byron
 
triangleoffense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,662
Default Re: Big Z to Miami....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
Roster is rounding out nicely in Miami.

CT: Ilgauskas/ Howard/ Pittman
PF: Bosh/ Haslem/ Varnado
SF: James/ Miller/ Butler
SG: Wade/
PG: Chalmers/

They just need to get hold of TMac and Iverson.

their frontcourt is still lacking toughness. If I were Riley right now I would be seriously looking at Brandon Bass (drafted by mavs) and Haywood (more expensive Bass). Z/Howard/Haslem is just not going to cut it.. and Bosh has even been criticized for being "soft", even though I think that is a bunch of baloney.
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #71
BFRESH44
Decent college freshman
 
BFRESH44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coral Gables/Miami, FL
Posts: 2,891
Default Re: Big Z to Miami....

Some of ya'll dudes need stop with the nonsese about Miami's interior defense.


Miami under Pat Riley and is disciples(Spoelstra and company) will ALWAYS be a compentant interior/paint defense team.

Miami LAST YEAR with a washed up Jermaine O'Neal, Joel Anthony, and Udonis Haslem?

They were TOP 5 in all major categories defensively.

2nd in opponent points game.


2nd
in defensive field goal percentage

5th in 3point field goal percetange

4th in blocks.

And those results were not with 'great' defensive players. I mean for christ sakes Miami started Carlos Arroyo, Michael Beasley, and Q-Rich last year.

Its Just a great defensive system. And now we have Wade and LeBron(two all NBA defenders) anchoring the defense together.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:29 PM   #72
MMKM
Off the Meds.
 
MMKM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,913
Default Re: Big Z to Miami....

Quote:
Originally Posted by triangleoffense
their frontcourt is still lacking toughness. If I were Riley right now I would be seriously looking at Brandon Bass (drafted by mavs) and Haywood (more expensive Bass). Z/Howard/Haslem is just not going to cut it.. and Bosh has even been criticized for being "soft", even though I think that is a bunch of baloney.


Don't sleep on Dexter Pittman. He could come out and be another Kendrick Perkins.
MMKM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:31 PM   #73
triangleoffense
Fire Byron
 
triangleoffense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,662
Default Re: Big Z to Miami....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMKM
Don't sleep on Dexter Pittman. He could come out and be another Kendrick Perkins.

The heat have Pittman? His work ethic is second to none in my opinion but hasn't he had weight problems in the past/present? Pittman is definitely a wild card at this point.. depends if he shows up in shape.
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:38 PM   #74
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,823
Default Re: Big Z to Miami....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
Some of ya'll dudes need stop with the nonsese about Miami's interior defense.


Miami under Pat Riley and is disciples(Spoelstra and company) will ALWAYS be a compentant interior/paint defense team.

Miami LAST YEAR with a washed up Jermaine O'Neal, Joel Anthony, and Udonis Haslem?

They were TOP 5 in all major categories defensively.

2nd in opponent points game.


2nd
in defensive field goal percentage

5th in 3point field goal percetange

4th in blocks.

And those results were not with 'great' defensive players. I mean for christ sakes Miami started Carlos Arroyo, Michael Beasley, and Q-Rich last year.

Its Just a great defensive system. And now we have Wade and LeBron(two all NBA defenders) anchoring the defense together.

Man you really need to recognize that even with a washed up Jermaine Oneal, he still gave the Heat really good defense. He is still a shot-blocker and he can still clog up the lane. Haslem, also is an awesome defender and helped out with the interior defense. I don't know much about Joel Anthony, so I won't comment there. My point is that with Jermaine alone, your defense improves a lot. If you put Haslem in the middle instead with just Bosh, your defensive rating will go down. It's a lot easier to attack the paint when you don't have size down there.

The perimeter defense will be decent, but even with great defenders, it is tough to stop players from going to the rack due to handchecking rules. I don't understand why this is so hard for you to understand either. Unless they get a decent center, like Dampier, that can play with Bosh, your interior defense is going to suffer. Quote me on that. I'll gladly eat my words come next year if I was wrong.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:41 PM   #75
LBJMVP
Cavaliers!
 
LBJMVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 4,913
Default Re: Big Z to Miami....

i respect this decision. he did look done last season so im not sure if its gonna help alot

and atleast he gave us 14 seasons. he was a loyal teammate and he told cleveland he was going to leave. today he also adressed cleveland with alot of heart felt words. the organization also told him that if he choose to leave they would respect his decision and he will always be welcome home... which is another plus considering he actually respected our managment enough to talk to him.
LBJMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy