Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Discuss Carmelo Anthony, Nuggets now that Jazz eliminated them in round 1

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Reboundin? Defense? .. he was average with playmakin. Add in elite scorin and I'll take that. Proved he can take a team farther than alot of players.
    No doubt. While I wouldn't choose to build around him over certain players, he has demonstrated that he can raise his game in the playoffs and help his team win important games....unfortunately they keep coming up short.

If you haven't noticed, I like to critique my favorite players' game. It's not hate and I'm not making shit up. If someone disagrees, cool. Either way, what I'm saying has some truth to it and should be taken into consideration when we are talking about a player...sugarcoating is wack.

Default Re: Discuss Carmelo Anthony, Nuggets now that Jazz eliminated them in round 1

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Translation: He's one dimensional. You just said exactly what I did except in a more gentle way.

His talent is off the charts, no doubt. However, this series showed a couple things he needs to work on. Not getting back, slacking on defense(again), and basically being below average in everything BUT scoring. If his shots aren't falling, no need to worry about him. Nuggets fans won't like that, but it's true.
    Didn't Melo have 12 rebounds and 5 assists? He's never going to be a good defender because the ref's won't let he play close defense without calling a foul, and what good is it to have your best scorer siting on the bench in foul trouble? Come on, the hate some of you guys throw at Melo is silly. He's not the best player in the league but he's near the top.

Quote Originally Posted by 1_BAD_TIGER
    Didn't Melo have 12 rebounds and 5 assists? He's never going to be a good defender because the ref's won't let he play close defense without calling a foul, and what good is it to have your best scorer siting on the bench in foul trouble? Come on, the hate some of you guys throw at Melo is silly. He's not the best player in the league but he's near the top.
    Hate? I've watched and been of fan of Melo since Syracuse. Get your head out of your ass and realize when constructive criticism is being used. Melo is the last person I would choose to hate on. To be honest, I try to imitate some of his offensive moves on the court.....

Kobe is a good defender. Older and slower, but still good. Why have't the refs put the clamp on his game? That's a lame excuse.

Hate? I've watched and been of fan of Melo since Syracuse. Get your head out of your ass and realize when constructive criticism is being used. Melo is the last person I would choose to hate on. To be honest, I try to imitate some of his offensive moves on the court.....

Kobe is a good defender. Older and slower, but still good. Why have't the refs put the clamp on his game? That's a lame excuse.
    Well Melo's going to get some criticism that's not constructive from many clueless people on this site, because his team let him down again. Billups plays well in the regular season and inconsistent in the playoffs, Nene is a beast that plays like beauty, J.R and Bird man are already on a flight going to the Bahamas. It's also Melo's fault that Kenyon has bad knees and Karl has cancer.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Well Melo's going to get some criticism that's not constructive from many clueless people on this site, because his team let him down again. Billups plays well in the regular season and inconsistent in the playoffs, Nene is a beast that plays like beauty, J.R and Bird man are already on a flight going to the Bahamas. It's also Melo's fault that Kenyon has bad knees and Karl has cancer.
    unfortunately, being the face of the franchise, you get the credit when the team does well and the blame when it does poorly. Just as Dirk as received undeserved criticism for his team losing and Kobe got it in '06.

Melo is a great player but I don't think he takes the reins with his teammates as much as he should to keep them focused on the task at hand.

I think if you can replace K-Mart and JR, you'll be well on your way to having a strong contender again.

This site is full of kids. What do you expect?

Even if Carmelo had elite defensive and a more versatile game, Denver would still lose. They played like they had clue what was going on....no urgency, slacking defense, and bonehead moves in critical times. They really missed their coach.

Even if Carmelo had elite defensive and a more versatile game, Denver would still lose. They played like they had clue what was going on....no urgency, slacking defense, and bonehead moves in critical times. They really missed their coach.
    Denver had absutley no clue at times, and saying they really missed there coach is 100% correct, Utah fans don't want to believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    unfortunately, being the face of the franchise, you get the credit when the team does well and the blame when it does poorly. Just as Dirk as received undeserved criticism for his team losing and Kobe got it in '06.

Melo is a great player but I don't think he takes the reins with his teammates as much as he should to keep them focused on the task at hand.

I think if you can replace K-Mart and JR, you'll be well on your way to having a strong contender again.
    Not K-Mart, the toughness he brings when healthy is hard to replace, just don't know how long his legs have left. Nene has to stop being soft for Denver to get any were. Sent Nene and J.R. to Toronto for Bosh, they would have to be crazy to agree to that, but throw in a first round pick and they might.

Melo had 12 boards and 5 assists, dumbass. Funny how you'd choose this game to call him one-dimensional.

Decent college freshman

Allen Iverson is the responsible for denver elimination.He makes team worse..

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    Melo had 12 boards and 5 assists, dumbass. Funny how you'd choose this game to call him one-dimensional.
    I didn't choose one game to call him one-dimensional. I have said this about him for years. If he had a 30/15/10 game today I would still call him one-dimensional. One game has little to do with it.

I'm not going to argue with you about Melo again. It's quite obvious that you are a young fan who can't fathom Melo needing improving and is mad sensitve when someone criticizes his play. You're too funny, kid.

I didn't choose one game to call him one-dimensional. I have said this about him for years. If he had a 30/15/10 game today I would still call him one-dimensional. One game has little to do with it.

I'm not going to argue with you about Melo again. It's quite obvious that you are a young fan who can't fathom Melo needing improving and is mad sensitve when someone criticizes his play. You're too funny, kid.
    He's far from perfect and far from one-dimensional---it's evident in his game. He can rebound and he can pass. He routinely facilitates Denver's offense. He plays defense, too. He's not great at it, but he is a solid contributor as an average overall defender. Then again, you think Roy is a better player than Melo, so I'm not sure why you find my opinion to be suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    He's far from perfect and far from one-dimensional---it's evident in his game. He can rebound and he can pass. He routinely facilitates Denver's offense. He plays defense, too. He's not great at it, but he is a solid contributor as an average overall defender. Then again, you think Roy is a better player than Melo, so I'm not sure why you find my opinion to be suspect.
    Yeah yeah yeah...Melo can pass(which he can't) and can rebound and play "average" defense. I've heard it all before. Even Nuggets fan on this site agree with what I'm saying. It may sound harsh, but I feel it's the truth. You, on the other hand, are too infatuated with him to see any flaws.

And just to reiterate, at full strength Brandon Roy is a better player than Melo. Rarely do I go "Damn BRoy, what were you thinking?" With Melo I say it too much.

Yeah yeah yeah...Melo can pass(which he can't) and can rebound and play "average" defense. I've heard it all before. Even Nuggets fan on this site agree with what I'm saying. It may sound harsh, but I feel it's the truth. You, on the other hand, are too infatuated with him to see any flaws.

And just to reiterate, at full strength Brandon Roy is a better player than Melo. Rarely do I go "Damn BRoy, what were you thinking?" With Melo I say it too much.
    Yes, he can pass. He draws double teams easily and has a knack for spotting the open shooter on the opposite side of the court. He also generates a ton of open looks for our bigs. Melo operates from the post, so often times his assist opportunities turn into hockey assists. I assure you that he can facilitate an offense; the problem with the Nuggets is that there is no offense. Often times Melo is isolated on the block and the other Nuggets refrain from moving, which congests the paint and doesn't allow him to feed them for easier baskets. You act as though your opinion is absolute fact when you probably haven't even watched a game. I fail to see how he is one-dimensional. Just because he is far better at one aspect of the game than any other doesn't mean that he is below average in those other aspects.

BRoy has never been a better player than Carmelo Anthony. BRoy is simply not assertive enough to be a superstar. Often times he plays in game without making much of an impact. He has leadership qualities and is talented in the clutch, so there is superstar potential. At the moment and throughout his career, he has only been at all-star level.

College star

people need to stop the copout of blaming Adrian for Denver not playing to their ability. If any one pay watched denver down the stretch of the reg season, you would have know that they were already starting to slip even George Karl was on the sidelines.