Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-18-2009, 01:10 PM   #46
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Default Re: Obama tells military vets to pay for their own ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
could you please document this trillions in spending in his first two months? The stimulus is less than a trillion and has hardly been touched, well over half of the bailout was spent before he took office. so, how about some data?

For the record, since this has somehow turned into a bailout thread, I was fundamentally against it and still am. Hell, I signed multiple petitions to my congresspeople opposing it. Hawker, what did you do exactly? Oh right, nothing, except cry about it after the fact.

I voted for Ron Paul. That's what I did. Ron Paul IS my congress person (my rep). For the umpteenth time in this thread, you fail.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:11 PM   #47
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
That was the only relevant part of your absolutely incoherent braindead attempt at rambling.
and actually, the VA has pretty comprehensive service that you clearly dont know about. It provides basic healthcare for life as well as some healthcare for family members. so, no its not just for service related injuries (though that is a primary focus). http://www.va.gov/healtheligibility/...rdBenefits.asp wow, an actual source from the va rather than stupid rambling based on opinion that is factually inaccurate. Sorry didnt post the link

so thats an incoherent ramble huh? Your claim of the VA as treating only service related injury is bogus.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:11 PM   #48
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
I voted for Ron Paul. That's what I did. Ron Paul IS my congress person (my rep). For the umpteenth time in this thread, you fail.
and your senators?
Old 03-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #49
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
you have the logical skills of a 6th grader. read again. my point is simply that those who are blaming obama as the primary cause of the bailout are falsely representing the situation. sure, he gets some of the blame, but not much more than any other senator who voted for it.

I would agree with this but the fact is voting for this bailout bill after the way he ran his campaign...the two actions dont match up.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:13 PM   #50
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
No **** he's the admin.

I was pointing out that you said it was all on bush and now you're saying it's both congress and bush's faults.

I was only quoting what you said "congress and admin". Once again, you fail.

And that's a fact. Really nothing to do with "evaluating an argument."
nowhere did I say it was all on bush. Quit reading into **** thats not there. now, the poor allocation and spending of the funds up to jan 20th are on bush.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #51
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
nice maturity. YOU=FAIL! YEAH I WON!
Old 03-18-2009, 01:14 PM   #52
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
and your senators?
Didnt bother with those two.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:15 PM   #53
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
nowhere did I say it was all on bush. Quit reading into **** thats not there. now, the poor allocation and spending of the funds up to jan 20th are on bush.

Quote:
why is that on obama? he wasnt president when it passed.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:16 PM   #54
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Quote:
I would agree with this but the fact is voting for this bailout bill after the way he ran his campaign...the two actions dont match up.
yet the vote was almost two months before the election. You make it sound like he waited till he was elected and then turned his back on the issues he campaigned on (which he might, but clearly isnt relevant here).
Old 03-18-2009, 01:16 PM   #55
Smokee
Banned

Quote:
Just like there was for the Iraq War, the bailout, the patriot act etc. with Bush right?

But with Obama there "must be" a reasonable explanation JUST BECAUSE it's obama.

What a joke.

Are you kidding me? The Iraq war was the 9/11 fear mongering your party propaganda'd the whole country with, and every Republican bought it hook, line, and sinker. That war was clearly the Bush Administrations fault with a rush to judgement on WMD's. You are blaming Obama in this very thread for the bailouts, so how is Bush being blamed? The Patriot Act was more 9/11 fear mongering. Are you going to sit here and pretend Katrina/FEMA was some accident? The lost white house emails? Torturing prisoners while constantly dodging/denying that it was going on? I mean there is so much to blame on Bush that its laughable you are going to compare this little thing to all of the stupid that Bush did. Okay so Obama's people didn't get the conditions of giving them bailout money right the first time, now he and his administration are doing what they can to get it back.

I'd also like to add that Bush hired Liddy(current AIG CEO) to replace the previous CEO, and the initial bailout was happening correct me if i'm wrong between the transition from Bush to Obama. There are ALOT more people involved in this than just Obama, which goes for politicians on both sides of the aisle.

Its just hilarious how people on the right criticize here. You all were criticizing him before he took office, and you're magnifying one mistake he and many other politicians overlooked. Then pretending that he gets preferential treatment compared to the worst Prez in our history that you and your party voted into office
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:16 PM   #56
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
nice maturity. YOU=FAIL! YEAH I WON!

Also, didnt you vote for Obama?
Old 03-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #57
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

Don't mind Hawker. He has no real political views of his own and all his beliefs are cliff notes based on Ron Paul's views.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #58
Hawker
Repeal FATCA

Quote:
yet the vote was almost two months before the election. You make it sound like he waited till he was elected and then turned his back on the issues he campaigned on (which he might, but clearly isnt relevant here).

So there is zero campaigning going on before September?
Old 03-18-2009, 01:18 PM   #59
bada bing
College star

PEJA = Dick Cheney.

i am sure of it.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:19 PM   #60
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

I sometimes feel that Ron Paul instructed all of his followers to post on ISH.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: