Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default No matter how you felt about the Miami Big 3 Era, it was super exciting

from 2011-2013 it was an exciting team to watch. Lebron-Wade duo was as exciting, if not more exciting than we expected it to be, and that Heat team provided us with some great playoff battles, and just basketball moments in general.

I'm going to look back at that team very favorably in a few years. you just gotta appreciate what that team was able to accomplish in the short time they were together.

Default Re: No matter how you felt about the Miami Big 3 Era, it was super exciting

nah, it sucked. Killed competition, made things easier, made the league a joke.

Default Re: No matter how you felt about the Miami Big 3 Era, it was super exciting

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    nah, it sucked. Killed competition, made things easier, made the league a joke.
    How did it kill competition when:

1. 1 year they weren't the 1st seed
    2. they got taken to game 7's in a number of series
    3. lost 2/4 finals that they were in

Very good NBA starter

it wasnt exciting for the rest of the league

I honestly found their style of basketball boring. I was much more entertained by the Clippers and Spurs.

I enjoyed watching them as my team lead by their best player ate skittles in a suit.

Keepin it real yo

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    How did it kill competition when:

1. 1 year they weren't the 1st seed
    2. they got taken to game 7's in a number of series
    3. lost 2/4 finals that they were in
    Don't fall for him. He's another below-average poster. Always talking smack against the Heat.

It was exciting to watch for sure and I say this as someone who rooted against them each game every season.

It wasn't good watching LeBron flop like there's no tomorrow and the refs pampering them like crazy.

It revitalized interest in the NBA. They basically became the Dallas Cowboys of basketball. You either loved them or hated them, and there was not a single fan who could honestly say they didn't care about what was happening with them. It's really too bad that Wade declined off a cliff after 2011, cause if he hadn't we could have seen an all time great dynasty.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Actually, it was boring. It was like me playing against a two year old. No one with any sense of real basketball knowledge was impressed with that sideshow.

Stacking your team and eliminating competition due to cowardice didn't excite me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    It revitalized interest in the NBA. They basically became the Dallas Cowboys of basketball. You either loved them or hated them, and there was not a single fan who could honestly say they didn't care about what was happening with them. It's really too bad that Wade declined off a cliff after 2011, cause if he hadn't we could have seen an all time great dynasty.
    don't ever compare them to the 90s cowboys. Just don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    don't ever compare them to the 90s cowboys. Just don't.
    That clearly went right over your head. I was comparing them to the Cowboys in general, not just the 90's version. It doesn't matter if the Cowboys are good or horrible, EVERY NFL fan cares about what is going on with them on Sunday, and always will. It was the same for the big 3 era Heat. The majority of NBA fans were rooting against them, but they probably generated the most interest of any NBA team has since Jordan's Bulls. Simply put, they were really good for the league.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

it was very exciting.. lots of great battles.

Decent playground baller KingMichael23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    That clearly went right over your head. I was comparing them to the Cowboys in general, not just the 90's version. It doesn't matter if the Cowboys are good or horrible, EVERY NFL fan cares about what is going on with them on Sunday, and always will. It was the same for the big 3 era Heat. The majority of NBA fans were rooting against them, but they probably generated the most interest of any NBA team has since Jordan's Bulls. Simply put, they were really good for the league.
    Kobe and Shaq Lakers and Kobe and Pau were more exciting than the 11-14 Heat