Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-02-2007, 09:48 PM   #1
Chocogrease
Serious playground baller

Chocogrease has an OK reputation so far
Default Dislocated finger

Anyone got any advice on dislocated fingers from personal experience or etc?

I'm worried that my finger,that is now put back in place, will never have the same range of motion ever again.
Chocogrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:50 PM   #2
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Dislocated finger

Never had a dislocated finger but two years ago I slammed my finger in my car door, I thought it was gonna fall off. Blood everywhere. I thought my finger would never be the same again. My nail has still never fully grown back (well at least it doesn't look like the other nails).
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:52 PM   #3
Chocogrease

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Never had a dislocated finger but two years ago I slammed my finger in my car door, I thought it was gonna fall off. Blood everywhere. I thought my finger would never be the same again. My nail has still never fully grown back (well at least it doesn't look like the other nails).

I dont think i learned anything, except to just be careful about where you place your fingers while closing a door. thanks anyways xD
Old 12-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #4
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Go to the doctor. Google it I might add.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:59 PM   #5
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

I dislocated my elbow and although the movement is pretty much back to normal, it hurts when it's cold or if it rains. The motion isn't the problem, it's the effects of the weather that you should worry about.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:17 PM   #6
J_Rock3ts
The Truth

J_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected posterJ_Rock3ts is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
I dislocated my elbow and although the movement is pretty much back to normal, it hurts when it's cold or if it rains. The motion isn't the problem, it's the effects of the weather that you should worry about.

Perfect response. I don't know by personal experience but my father actually got his stuck in a dough flattener (don't know exactly what it's called, but it's two spinning metal bars on top of each each other and you put the dough in to flatten it) and pretty much crushed it. It's completely normal looking now and he has full range of motion, but he says it's still extremely painful when it gets cold, and this was over 5 years ago.
J_Rock3ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 11:27 PM   #7
Chocogrease

thx guys
Old 12-02-2007, 11:28 PM   #8
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

I dislocated both my shoulders when i was little. I was in a cast both times and no problems as of today.

My uncle dislocated his finger during a game once and popped it back in. Im not too sure what he did afterward, I dont think he saw doctor, but he continued playing. His finger is kinda sideways right now though.
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:42 AM   #9
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I've dislocated two fingers, one really bad, the other not so bad. The one that was really bad, the middle knuckle somehow ended up almost near the fist knuckle, so they had to pull it up, pull it back, and pop it back in. That finger is permanently misshapen, as well. The other just kind of popped sideways accidentally, no big deal, I popped it back in no problem, but I have a limited motion with that finger, and it's probably my fault. I can move it about 35% less both ways than I used to be able to.

Weather doesn't affect my fingers, though.

I do however, have Osgood-Schlatter disease in both my knees, and the weather greatly affects it. In fact, It's almost intolerable sometimes. It's not a pain, really, it's more of an extreme 'cold' feeling. It's very uncomfortable.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:48 AM   #10
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I've dislocated two fingers, one really bad, the other not so bad. The one that was really bad, the middle knuckle somehow ended up almost near the fist knuckle, so they had to pull it up, pull it back, and pop it back in. That finger is permanently misshapen, as well. The other just kind of popped sideways accidentally, no big deal, I popped it back in no problem, but I have a limited motion with that finger, and it's probably my fault. I can move it about 35% less both ways than I used to be able to.

Weather doesn't affect my fingers, though.

I do however, have Osgood-Schlatter disease in both my knees, and the weather greatly affects it. In fact, It's almost intolerable sometimes. It's not a pain, really, it's more of an extreme 'cold' feeling. It's very uncomfortable.

Why don't you go to the doctor? There are ways to treat it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osgood-Schlatter_disease
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:49 AM   #11
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Why don't you go to the doctor? There are ways to treat it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osgood-Schlatter_disease

It's not gonna kill me.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: