Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-27-2007, 07:39 PM   #121
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Shaun Livingston injures knee in extremely nasty, gross injury

Quote:
Livingston out a year with career-threatening knee injury
Clippers point guard tears three of four key knee ligaments

Confirming their worst fears, the Clippers learned today that point Shaun Livingston has suffered potentially career-threatening knee damage and could be sidelined at least a year after he has extensive knee surgery.

An MRI exam today revealed that Livingston suffered tears of three of the four major ligaments that support the knee. He tore the anterior cruciate, posterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments. Livingston also tore his lateral meniscus and a dislocation of his patella.

Livingston will undergo surgery once the swelling in his knee decreases. He is not expected to begin any basketball-related training for at least one year after the surgery.

Livingston, 21, suffered the injury while landing awkwardly in the first quarter of Monday's 100-93 victory over the Charlotte Bobcats at the Staples Center.

The third year player was rushed to Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center in Inglewood.

The Clippers are expected to sign another point guard to take Livingston's spot on the roster. The team is considering former NBA players and players from the development league.

The Clippers have 26 games remaining and are fighting for the last playoff spot in the Western Conference.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-spw...ck=1&cset=true
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:56 PM   #122
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkUSCtrojan
Thanks for the post Brad. Forget playing in the NBA now, I just hope he can walk again. I wish him the very best. What a shame. Very sad....

The sad part is, Clippers fans on (Clippertalk.net) is ripping Shaun to pieces. Very sad...

Are they really ripping him? If they are then they are really *******s. I mean the guy might not even be able to walk for atleast a year or something and they are acting like that? Wow... That's just sad.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:02 PM   #123
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

This really sucks for Shaun. I can't see him playing ever again. His knee is completely F*cked. Hope he recovers.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:39 PM   #124
24/7
Great young streetballer

24/7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Are they really ripping him? If they are then they are really *******s. I mean the guy might not even be able to walk for atleast a year or something and they are acting like that? Wow... That's just sad.

The Clippers might have gotten Paul Pierce or AI if they had given up an already injury-prone Livingston, now they have pretty much nothing for deciding to keep him. Many of them are also questioning his conditioning, he never really got much bigger or stronger since he was drafted and it airs the question if he could have avoided some of these problems with a better diet and workout regiment. His pick is also one of many, many(what appears to be) wasted very low draft picks and that has Clippers' fans pulling their hair out.

Mostly Clippers fans are griping out of frustration for the current situation they find themselves in rather than at Shaun Livingston the individual.

Last edited by 24/7 : 02-27-2007 at 08:43 PM.
24/7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:07 PM   #125
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

That was one of the worst injuries I've ever seen. But, at least he didn't cry. And that injury was MAJOR.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:11 PM   #126
Samurai Swoosh
Root Of All Evil

Samurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected posterSamurai Swoosh is a pretty well-respected poster

Get better, Shaun.
Samurai Swoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:13 AM   #127
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ************
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:19 AM   #128
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

he is gonna have to learn to walk again before he even thinks about the NBA let alone picking up a basketball. maybe he will go to college now and become a coach or sports journalist.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:13 PM   #129
INDI
Local High School Star

INDI has no real reputation yet.

Man, not a pretty sight, but I have seen way worse.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you must be a doctor.
INDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 03:25 PM   #130
PacersFan
Decent playground baller

PacersFan has an OK reputation so far

That really sucks. He may even miss all of next year too.
PacersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:44 PM   #131
Andy Christ
I airball my layups

Andy Christ has an OK reputation so far

cant say i ever expected much outta him anyways, too lanky.

damn though, thats painful.
Andy Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:31 PM   #132
Enrico_Palazzo
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Enrico_Palazzo has an OK reputation so far

The injury was definitely freakish, but Livingston may be a bit brittle. Yes he landed awkwardly, but not THAT awkwardly. I'm guessing 9 out of 10 guys who land the exact same way wouldn't suffer nearly as severe an injury. Again, it was freakish, but I'm wondering if he's had some previous issues with that knee which may have led to weakened tissue or diminished muscularity surrounding his meniscus. I've never seen a person's leg completely collapse like that on its own. McGahee/Theisman/McCallum all had a foot planted (in cleats) and were hit by an opposing player with a lot of momentum.

I do believe Livingston will return, but it will take complete dedication and effort on his part. He's looking at 8-10 months of intense recovery and rehab after reconstructive surgery, and another 6-8 months of strengthening. There's also the mental aspect which is often the most difficult to overcome. It will likely be close to 2 years before he's fully recovered and perhaps NBA ready. I wish him the best. Seems like a good kid.
Enrico_Palazzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:45 AM   #133
antigravity
Can barely lace up my sneakers

antigravity has an OK reputation so far

Here's a sickening injury for you...

Nathan Brown of the Richmond Tigers in the Australian Football League had his leg snapped when an opponent fell on it... You see it fully at the end of the video.

I was watching this game 2 years ago, and I felt physically sick and had to stop watching the game...

Not only that, but he's our best player and we lost him for the year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX2yx...elated&search=

Here he is playing at his best... (before the injury)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP3as...elated&search=

(Btw.. AFL is the most popular sport in Australia... Gets crowds of up to 90,000 people at each game.) :)
antigravity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: