Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Draft

Default Re: Draft

2- Jennings attended a workout in New Jersey that was attended by Stefanski.
    "Brandon Jennings participated in a group workout that included Terrence Williams and Johnny Flynn. Represenatives of 18 other NBA teams were on hand to observe the workout."

Not clear if the Sixers were there, but one would think that with New Jersey just an hour and a half drive away, they probably made it.
    Contradiction.

You went from I know to I'm not sure but its very likely/possible. Stems from your recent "You think you know" rants. I found it funny.

I rule the local playground

I'd be surprised if Jennings is rookie of the year, but I wouldn't be surprised if in 3 years he's considered the best player to come out of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by SixersFan76
    Sixers are bringing in Blair as well. And I wouldn't be surprised if they worked out Johnson. Nothing wrong with bringing guys in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    I didn't see anything on bringing in Blair though. Where did you see it?
    bump. anyone?

espnu right now if you want to see maynor. replay of the caa championship

I usually hit open layups

"23 of the 30 NBA teams were represented at the Nets practice facility: the Nets, Hawks, Celtics, Bulls, Cavaliers, Mavericks, Nuggets, Warriors, Rockets, Pacers, Lakers, Grizzlies, Heat, Hornets, Knicks, Magic, Sixers, Blazers, Kings, Spurs, Raptors, Jazz and Wizards. Some of the familiar faces at the draft workout included Larry Bird (Pacers), Danny Ainge (Celtics), Kiki Vandeweghe (Nets), Donnie Walsh (Knicks), Ed Stefanski (Sixers), Tony DiLeo (Sixers) and B.J. Armstrong (Wasserman Media Group agent), among many others."

Please, feel free to GFYS. And thanks for once again picking arguments instead of adding value.

Inquirer article that originally mentioned Mullens will be in for a workout mentioned Blair.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    The more I look at it the more I see the possibility of 1 of those top PG's being there at 17. Flynn, Curry, Holiday, or Jennings.

1. There's 16 picks before the Sixers pick, so it's likely that 4 PG's could be selected in those top 16. But 1 of those picks is already Griffin, 1 of those picks will be Thabeet, and 1 of those picks will be Rubio. So now it's like 4 of the top 13 picks have to be PG's.

2. I would rule out teams like the Wizards (Arenas), the Raptors (Calderon), the Nets (Harris), the Bobcats (Augustin, possibly Felton), and the Bulls (Rose) taking a PG. It's always possible but in all these cases they have a young PG for the future already in place or are going in another direction in the draft. So now 4 of a remaining 8 picks would have to be PG's. Out of those remaining picks you know Evans, Derozan, Harden, and Hill are guaranteed to be 4 of them. So do the other 4 have to be those remaining four PG's? Add in that they would be competing for those spots with guys like Henderson, Williams, Clark, Johnson, Daye, Mullens, Blair, and Hansbrough and it's far from a guarantee.

3. Intangibles. Stuff like for instance, Jrue Holiday has refused a workout with the Warriors. That could change their look. Or another is the Pistons reportedly giving BJ Mullens a draft promise, something they also followed through with with Stuckey. That'd be another team that passed on a PG. Jennings' attitude with calling out Rubio is also something that could drop a players stock. So that kind of stuff could add in.

4. The possibility of a team who's drafting a PG being more intrigued by Maynor, Lawson, or Teague than 1 of those "top 4" which could drop 1 of them. We can't forget that Maynor has had workouts as high as #11 (Nets, Pacers and Bulls have worked him out), Lawson as high as #5 (Wizards, Warriors, Knicks, Raptors, Nets, Bucks, Pacers, Pistons, and Bulls have worked him out) and Teague (Warriors, Pacers, and Bulls have worked him out). It's definitely happened before.

There's a decent chance that Lawson and Maynor won't be our only 2 guys to look at on draft day. The downside to that is that we didn't get a workout with any of those top guys, though I think we could have. The Bulls got a workout with Flynn so I don't see how we couldn't have got one. I'm hoping our options are a little more open on Thursday night.
    According to draftexpress' newest blog, the Pacers are extremely interested in Ty Lawson at #13 and that has helped Brandon Jennings slip in their mock to guess who? The Philadelphia 76ers.
    Last edited by Posterize246; 06-24-2009 at 10:23 PM.

"23 of the 30 NBA teams were represented at the Nets practice facility: the Nets, Hawks, Celtics, Bulls, Cavaliers, Mavericks, Nuggets, Warriors, Rockets, Pacers, Lakers, Grizzlies, Heat, Hornets, Knicks, Magic, Sixers, Blazers, Kings, Spurs, Raptors, Jazz and Wizards. Some of the familiar faces at the draft workout included Larry Bird (Pacers), Danny Ainge (Celtics), Kiki Vandeweghe (Nets), Donnie Walsh (Knicks), Ed Stefanski (Sixers), Tony DiLeo (Sixers) and B.J. Armstrong (Wasserman Media Group agent), among many others."

Please, feel free to GFYS. And thanks for once again picking arguments instead of adding value.

Inquirer article that originally mentioned Mullens will be in for a workout mentioned Blair.
    Thanks for actually going out and finding a source instead of us relying on what you assumed took place. Appreciate it.

I'm hoping we manage to pick up a 2nd rounder and get a guy like Christmas, Ellington, Meeks, Thornton, J. Taylor, or Green.

And I'd like to bring in Shan Foster from last year's draft for camp

Holliday, Lawson and Maynor still here. Who we gonna take??

Sixers draft G Jrue Holiday at 17.
    Last edited by GOBB; 06-25-2009 at 09:33 PM.

the irony of this thread

Chu guys feel then? Good pick/bad pick? Tbh I didn't think Jrue was going to fall to us so I only really had a look at Maynor and Lawson. Does he fulfil our needs? Is he gonna start for us?

Let me clue you in to something, posting Internet sources or sites where fans make predictions are about as valuable as the rest of your posts.

Sack up moron and admit that Holiday will go in the lottery and you're a moron and were wrong because you rely on Internet sites written by fans and not on predictions of expert opinions who do this for a living.

Will Holiday go before 17 or not? Answer the question - oh, wait, you know he will and being a moron, you are trying to find irrelevant sources. Any moron can find any number of Internet cites claiming any kind of crazy **** and that's exactly what you're doing because you don't have anything valuable to add and you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Only a moron would equate legitimate reporting with posts of fans on Internet cites and clearly you're a moron - no use arguing with a moron.

Just sit there and read contrarian cites and get into idiotic arguments while waiting upon a star. Legitimate sources all claim Holiday will go in the lottery. He'll go in the lottery and you can cite any number of Internet posts by fans where blue is green and blue is yellow. It will keep you warm and fuzzy at night.

Quote Originally Posted by AI09
    don't go too hard on him