Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: PTI: Kornheiser said Dirk had a top 3-4 playoff run of all-time in all of sports

Ridiculous - not even top 3 in NBA much less all sports.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Default Re: PTI: Kornheiser said Dirk had a top 3-4 playoff run of all-time in all of sports

Was it better than Wade's 06 run I wonder?

But I think Jordan, Hakeem, Magic, and Bird had better playoff runs. Dirk's run is great, but I think those guys had a better run in the playoffs. And all of them had multiple good runs when they won championship.

Not to mention all of sports. They are a lot of great runs and more legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    Jordan getting past Ewing and bunch of CBA players only to face a Hurt Laker team/Drexler and Keving Duckworth /Charles barkley and cokehead Richard Dumas is nowhere near...well I will say MJ's 91 run is close...but

Dirk getting past OKC , LA, and then a Heat team with WADE , LJ , and Bosh is a better acomplishment then every Post season run MJ had outside of maybe 91'

why do Jordan stans riun every thread...MJ was great but come on....be real.
    The Heat were not and are not a TEAM.

The Mavs got lucky that everyone was off their game or old...basically they just hung around long enough for the Lakers and Spurs to get old.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    some other facts:

- Mavericks had a good 8-9 guys with playoff experience... and in the playoffs, Kidd lead the Mavs in Assists/Steals/Threes, Chandler lead in Blocks/Rebounding... had alot of help in all areas - Dirk had a lesser PER and Win Share than both Duncan (03) and Hakeem (94)

Dirk fans seem to forget this.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

I have to ask why I keep hearing about how the Mavs were supposed to lose in round one.

Where does that come from? I dont remember it even really being discussed. Was that a series of great interest to people or something?

One of the 4 series a year people say ESPN experts got wrong?

What?

What were the reasons to believe the Mavs were losing in the first round this year?
    http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011...zers-mavericks

6 out of the 12 ESPN analysts thought Portland would win the series.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ycn-8298937

And out of the 6 Yahoo Sports journalists... 5 picked the Blazers.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...ns_2011_041511

Out of 4 Sports Illustrated analysts, half picked the Blazers to win.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ffs/index.html

Blaze, you must be trolling if you didn't realize that most analysts predicted the Mavs to lose in the first round.
    Last edited by Locked_Up_Tonight; 10-19-2011 at 10:54 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

No. I just didnt think we took such things serious. Every year we see screenshots of whaever experts picked something wrong. Lakers over celtics or cavs over celtics. Cavs over magic. Celtics over magic. Pistons to lose to the lakers. Mavs over warriors the experts picked wrong. Whatever it is. Ive heard many times that everyone thought they would lose and had yet to see the customary gifs and screenshots.

Personally i never heard anyone make predictions on the series. And i keep seeing people on here act like it was an upset them against the world thing.

Si and espn being split and yahoo going blazers? Eh. Not note worthy no matter who wins.

Mavs lakers is more of a "they said we couldnt do it" situation
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 10-19-2011 at 11:08 PM.

Good High School Starter Miller for 3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Dirk fans seem to forget this.
    Dirk haters seem to forget the Mavs are awful when he's not on the floor

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    I have to ask why I keep hearing about how the Mavs were supposed to lose in round one.

Where does that come from? I dont remember it even really being discussed. Was that a series of great interest to people or something?

What?

What were the reasons to believe the Mavs were losing in the first round this year?
    Do you live under a rock?

Damn near everyone had the Mavs going out in the first round. They had played like shit for most of the second half of the year. They were missing their second best player in Caron Butler. Media experts and players players alike were saying they were going to fall apart. The Dallas media was picking against them and was calling for the team to be blown up in the summer. Hell, even George Karl openly said he wanted the Mavs in the first round.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Do I live under a rock?

This isnt that major a story. You act like it was on the forefront of the minds of the basketball world or something. Its like a...what...3-6 matchup? 2-7?

And dallas was the...5th or 6th biggest story going into the playoffs?

This wasnt a heavily discussed issue far as I can tell. I cant even find a prediction topic on it. I wanted to see if I had made one either way.

Someone may have said they would lose but its not like the world was waiting to see the likely upset like in 07.

Go Spurs Go

maybe Dirk doesnt have the numbers or didnt play the best teams (though im sure he did)...

but as far as THEATRICS, he put on a mythical performance throughout the playoffs. i remember being at the bar throed as *** getting crunk on Dirk and his ridiculousness. one of the greatest things ive witnessed in sports, alongside greats like tom brady, michael jordan, etc

::

His performance was very very impressive. I don't care about rating it in terms of top 5 or whatever. What Dirk did will be remembered for a long time.

Good college starter TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar

It was pretty amazing considering the competition he went up against with the team he went to war with.

Portland was an up and coming team, hungry for an upset, and they thought they could get it over Dallas. They didn't. Then Dallas beat the Lakers on course for a 3 peat. They swept them in brutal fashion; straight left them looking simple. Then they went to play OKC who had a lot to prove and is a definite team of the future and Dirk had one of the most epic games ever in that series. Then came Miami. We all know about that. Miami the anointed best team ever before they had been crowned and Dirk went and did work.

Dirks performance in the 2011 playoffs is up there for sure. Where it is is subjective, but it's up there, no doubt.

What?

I remember everyone was predicting Portland would beat Dallas

Do I live under a rock?

This isnt that major a story. You act like it was on the forefront of the minds of the basketball world or something. Its like a...what...3-6 matchup? 2-7?

And dallas was the...5th or 6th biggest story going into the playoffs?

This wasnt a heavily discussed issue far as I can tell. I cant even find a prediction topic on it. I wanted to see if I had made one either way.

Someone may have said they would lose but its not like the world was waiting to see the likely upset like in 07.
    [quote]Most NBA analysts, and fans around the country, see the Mavs as being the higher seeded team most likely to fall in the first round. It sure wouldn

Dunking on everybody in the park greensborohill's Avatar

People still mad. . . .

Get over it!!!