Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-17-2007, 06:49 PM   #16
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: What do you think of the Nets senior citizen dancers at halftime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
You wouldn't be embarrassed? I would be fine if my grandparents were up there making a speech, but dancing like teenagers would definitely embarrass me. It's something inexplicable.
i wouldn't be embarrassed as long as they were giving a reasonably decent performance. indeed, i would be proud of them for turning the status quo on its head.

i like pretty girls as much as the next guy, but sometimes even pretty girls can get to be a cliche. i would be cool with all different kinds of different people doing all kind of different dance performances as an alternative. not necessarily a replacement, but an alternative.

i mean, if i was a rockets fan i'd find it incredibly cool if there were some traditional congo dances at halftime in houston's own building.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 07:15 PM   #17
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

RecSpecs110 is considered somewhat coolRecSpecs110 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i wouldn't be embarrassed as long as they were giving a reasonably decent performance. indeed, i would be proud of them for turning the status quo on its head.

i like pretty girls as much as the next guy, but sometimes even pretty girls can get to be a cliche. i would be cool with all different kinds of different people doing all kind of different dance performances as an alternative. not necessarily a replacement, but an alternative.

i mean, if i was a rockets fan i'd find it incredibly cool if there were some traditional congo dances at halftime in houston's own building.

I'm totally fine with the Senior Dancers as an alternative, but it seems as though they've been on for quite awhile. There is also a difference between being proud of something and being fond. I am proud of the Seniors for coming out each Nets home game and doing something impressive that most old people cannot do it. There's no denying that they are talented and agile for their age. Keep in mind that having "pretty girls" has nothing to do with the fact that I like the young Nets Dancers better. If the Seniors were better dancers, I would honestly prefer them. Actually, I prefer Team Hype over anyone. Some of the things they do never cease to amaze me.

Anyhow, I do like the variety of dance teams and presentations during Nets timeouts, Halftime, etc. That's why I absolutely love Sly's dunks and acrobatics and the idea of mascots in general. (I even got to see Mini Sly during a live game!) I also like those drummers with that crazy composer who waves his jacket like a towel at the end of their performance. And I perfectly agree with your idea of some traditional foreign dances and music, and I think they had some Chinese dance presentations in Houston during Yao's first year. So in a nutshell, I liked seeing the Seniors the first time, the second time, maybe a third time, but anything more than that is too much. I like them as an alternative, but I don't really want them to represent the Nets Dancers.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 11:51 PM   #18
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:04 AM   #19
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

personally it's not so much of the fact senior citizens get the spotlight, it's the way they are dancing. shaking their 70 yaer old asss and moving as if they still had curves. *barfs*
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: