Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-23-2010, 01:55 AM   #1
methusala
Serious playground baller

methusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this board
Default Kurt Thomas agrees to join Bulls

http://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/19312949686

@KCJHoop A source confirms @SamSmithHoops report that Kurt Thomas has verbally agreed to a deal with the Bulls, whose roster now is at 11 players.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:18 AM   #2
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kurt Thomas Agrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by methusala
http://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/19312949686

@KCJHoop A source confirms @SamSmithHoops report that Kurt Thomas has verbally agreed to a deal with the Bulls, whose roster now is at 11 players.

Great pick up IMO, thanks for the link.
No I don't expect him to ave 17 pts, 12 rebs and 3 blocks but having a guy who is ready to step in, provides tough defense, ave about 8-10 pts, 7 rebs for about 26 mins would be very helpfull. He would be like Odom of the Lakers, or Big Baby of the Celtics.
Signing Mason or Butler would make this team legit IMO. Im not going to argue if they can beat Miami, but definitely they can battle the Celtics, Orlando and Hawks toe to toe.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:23 AM   #3
Undisputed
Do. Your. Job.

Undisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableUndisputed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Great pick up IMO, thanks for the link.
No I don't expect him to ave 17 pts, 12 rebs and 3 blocks but having a guy who is ready to step in, provides tough defense, ave about 8-10 pts, 7 rebs for about 26 mins would be very helpfull. He would be like Odom of the Lakers, or Big Baby of the Celtics.
Signing Mason or Butler would make this team legit IMO. Im not going to argue if they can beat Miami, but definitely they can battle the Celtics, Orlando and Hawks toe to toe.
8-10 points?! Are you kidding me? That's even too optimistic. We just signed a useless player to mentor our guys. He has nothing of quality left besides his knowledge of the game.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:26 AM   #4
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Extremely solid veteran who will teach our young bigs alot. He proved last year during the season and especially in the playoffs that he can still play despite his age. Good defender, rebounder and can hit the 15 foot jumpshot. I would have preferred Kwame Brown, but I like this signing. You know exactly what your going to get from him and I feel alot more confident in having him backup Noah while Asik gets adjusted.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:28 AM   #5
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I hope he knows a little Turkish.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 02:36 AM   #6
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

Curious to see how much he's costing us...
Old 07-23-2010, 02:55 AM   #7
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
8-10 points?! Are you kidding me? That's even too optimistic. We just signed a useless player to mentor our guys. He has nothing of quality left besides his knowledge of the game.

ok, 8-10 pts was a bit too much, but he is a decent FG shooter IMO at 48% career and it's not like he only knows to dunk the ball..he can make those 12 footers.
Its funny tho that ljsbb's comment is totally opposite with yours.
Im not going to argue whether he is going to be a great mentor to the youngsters or not. Noah is not exactly young. I think of Brook Lopez, Brad Miller, Hakeem, who tutored these guys when they were young?
If anything, Im open to the Bulls mgt, actually hiring a big man's coach similar to Ewing, Kareem etc. Have them attend a big man's camp for all I care.
Between having a DJ mbengga or a Chris Richard or any D-Leaguer, I would take Kurt Thomas.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:08 AM   #8
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like it. another big guy. who is at least a capable defender for 10 minutes a game.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:01 AM   #9
Bull4Life
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Bull4Life has an OK reputation so far

Really good pickup...
Rose/Watson/Lucas
Brewer/Korver/Almond
Deng/Johnson/?
Boozer/Gibson/K.Thomas
Noah/Asik/?

Wow,what this team has became from last year already..fantastic times for us Bulls fans again..I think we will see Bulls - Heat conference finals...
Too bad just for Samardo Samuels now,he wont be on roster...
Bull4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:11 AM   #10
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nice pickup and its my understanding that we still have money to spend.
97 bulls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:10 AM   #11
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull4Life
Really good pickup...
Rose/Watson/Lucas
Brewer/Korver/Almond
Deng/Johnson/?
Boozer/Gibson/K.Thomas
Noah/Asik/?

Wow,what this team has became from last year already..fantastic times for us Bulls fans again..I think we will see Bulls - Heat conference finals...
Too bad just for Samardo Samuels now,he wont be on roster...

Not necessarily true about Samuels. They can have Kurt Thomas be the 3rd C and still bring on Samuels as the 3rd PF. I guess we'll see though.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:11 AM   #12
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
Nice pickup and its my understanding that we still have money to spend.

Yeah. We had about 4.5 M left I believe. I don't know how much Kurt Thomas' contract is for, but I would hope its somewhere between 1.5-2 M so we still have about 2.5-3 M left.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:39 AM   #13
Bull4Life
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Bull4Life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Not necessarily true about Samuels. They can have Kurt Thomas be the 3rd C and still bring on Samuels as the 3rd PF. I guess we'll see though.

that would be good move IMO..Thomas as 3rd C and Samuels as 3rd PF!
Now we only need one more SF.. if we expect Lucas and Almond to be on roster..
Bull4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #14
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Bulls officially added Kurt Thomas today: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=6314

He can help teach Noah and Gibson to bang into people and stuff
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:57 AM   #15
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Kurt Thomas agrees to join Bulls

We needed Kurt's toughness and veteran savvy after we lost Brad. While me may not be as cool as BRad [lol] and he lacks range like Brad.....he does give us an enforcer out there who is strong enough to put a hurtin on Howard next year when he tries to hard foul D Rose.

Kurt's quiet intensity matches up pretty well with Rose and Noah and the rest.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: