Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 02-20-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
cyco127
Local High School Star

Arrow Gm#53 2/20 @ Portland

Tuesday, 8:00pm
at Trail Blazers
TV: FSN, NBALP

http://www.nba.com/games/20070220/UTAPOR/preview.html
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:48 PM   #2
OlDeRaDo_64
Jazz Vs Bulls Oct 6 :D

Talking Re: Gm#53 2/20 @ Portland

I think the jazz will come up with a win here, they have had a very effective road trip, one of the best for a while... i think i hope ak plays good... im starting to go off him now he jus aint playin as he should! will booz be playin tonight, i hope so he rules COME ON UTAH
OlDeRaDo_64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
cyco127
Local High School Star

Default Re: Gm#53 2/20 @ Portland

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDeRaDo_64
I think the jazz will come up with a win here, they have had a very effective road trip, one of the best for a while... i think i hope ak plays good... im starting to go off him now he jus aint playin as he should! will booz be playin tonight, i hope so he rules COME ON UTAH

Booze will not play tonight. He's listed as day to day... More importantly, Deron will not play either. It seems that his pulled groin is worse than he was letting on.

That said, I still think the Jazz can win this game...
Old 02-20-2007, 07:45 PM   #4
hardfoul
I brick open layups

Default Re: Gm#53 2/20 @ Portland

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyco127
Booze will not play tonight. He's listed as day to day... More importantly, Deron will not play either. It seems that his pulled groin is worse than he was letting on.

That said, I still think the Jazz can win this game...

Fisher will run the show fine. It does give a fairly capable backup a chance to play as well. I guess it's time to see what Dee can do with some solid minutes.
hardfoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 11:31 AM   #5
cyco127
Local High School Star

Post Roy Guides Trail Blazers Past Jazz

http://www.nba.com/games/20070220/UTAPOR/recap.html

Quote:

Portland 103, Utah 100

PORTLAND, Ore., Feb. 20 (AP)-- Brandon Roy scored 27 points to lead the Portland Trail Blazers to a 103-100 victory over the Utah Jazz on Tuesday night.

Zach Randolph added 20 points and 12 rebounds for the Blazers, who beat Utah for the first time in their last six tries. Ime Udoka had 15 points.

Mehmet Okur had 25 points and eight rebounds to lead Utah, which saw its six-game win streak end.

Portland led by 12 with just 6:02 left, but Utah cut the lead to 101-100 after Okur hit a deep 3-pointer with 7.2 seconds remaining. Randolph made two free throws at 6.3 seconds, and Okur missed a 3 with 3 seconds left. But the ball went out off Portland, setting up Okur for a final 3 try, which he missed badly.

Derek Fisher had 20 points and 10 assists for the Jazz. Paul Millsap added 18 points and Matt Harpring had 13 points and 12 rebounds.

Deron Williams strained his left groin in the Rookie-Sophomore Challenge game All-Star weekend. Carlos Boozer, averaging 22.1 points and 11.8 rebounds per game, missed his eighth game with a hairline fracture of his fibula.

Okur's selection as an injury replacement to the All-Star team over Randolph was controversial with the Randolph's teammates, who pointed out that he was averaging almost six points and three rebounds more than Okur.

Okur, whose stepped up play has contributed to Utah's going 6-2 without Boozer, had stretches of cold shooting, and finished 9-of-20 from the field.

Utah led 38-30 in the first half but Portland closed the gap and eventually took the lead, 45-44, on Randolph's running jumper. The game was tied 52-all at halftime, but the Jazz stumbled out of the gates in the first half, missing seven of their first eight shots, with Portland going on a 10-2 run.

Portland led by six at the end of the third and held to the lead. Roy scored to give Portland a 88-79 advantage and then hit a 3 the next time down.

The Blazers were up 101-96 with 17 seconds left, but they made it harder on themselves after getting a technical foul for their second delay of game. Fisher made the foul shot and Okur cut the lead to one with his 24-footer.

Reserve Dan Dickau had 11 points and five assists for Portland.

Notes: Portland expects to have Sergio Rodriguez back for Friday's game against Memphis. The rookie point guard has missed eight games with ankle injury. ... The Blazers last beat Utah on April 17, 2005. ...The Jazz's win streak was the second-longest of the season. They won eight-straight from Nov. 10-24.

Copyright 2006 by STATS LLC and Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited

http://www.nba.com/games/20070220/UTAPOR/boxscore.html

That game was painful to watch...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: