Default Re: The Art of the windmill crossover - Dwayne Wade

great move

Damn that's a big jaw!

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    Damn that's a big jaw!
    yeah it is, looks like it kinda gets in his way... that's the amazing thing, dwade has learned to overcome the jowls from h*ll and play at a high level

Banned

that's a jaw dropping move

Baller Status

The AND-1 crossover is WAY sicker.

I love AND-1 crossing over kids at school. I fall into the 3-point stance with my left hand touching the ground, then I have my right arm pointing straight up to the sky with the ball in my hand, and then proceed to AND-1 cross them over with authority.

Kind of like this, except I have my right hand more vertical, it looks way sicker when you come back down with it from straight up, than at the side like that.

It looks so sick and fresh when you AND-1 cross over somebody though. I don't think you all know what the feeling is like. But I make people look stupid with that move every time. I almost made this kid break his own ankles I crossed him so bad.

Banned

^ do you then proceed to clank the wide open jumper?

Baller Status

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    ^ do you then proceed to clank the wide open jumper?
    No. I just run around the court repeatedly AND-1 crossing over everyone in sight. Even the people on my team.

Hitting a jumper doesn't come anywhere near close to the feeling of AND-1 crossing someone over. I can hit shots all day, and I can AND-1 crossover people all day. I prefer the latter, so that's what I do.

If I'm open, I'll go out of my way for no reason, just to get in a defenders face so I can AND-1 them. Have you ever seen anyone do a AND-1 crossover double fakey? It's where you do the AND-1 crossover like I explained, except do it with opposite hands with the ball, and touching the ground. Let them fall down from the first AND-1, then let them get back up and hit them with another one, except you make them fall the other way. Then you take it to the rim.

I know how to walk down the street dribbling a regulation size basketball between my legs with each step I take. If I take a step with my right foot, I dribble the ball through my legs with my left hand, back and forth from hand to hand, through each leg, with each step, WITHOUT slowing down at all. I can even power walk and do it too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RUCKER
    No. I just run around the court repeatedly AND-1 crossing over everyone in sight. Even the people on my team.

Hitting a jumper doesn't come anywhere near close to the feeling of AND-1 crossing someone over. I can hit shots all day, and I can AND-1 crossover people all day. I prefer the latter, so that's what I do.

If I'm open, I'll go out of my way for no reason, just to get in a defenders face so I can AND-1 them. Have you ever seen anyone do a AND-1 crossover double fakey? It's where you do the AND-1 crossover like I explained, except do it with opposite hands with the ball, and touching the ground. Let them fall down from the first AND-1, then let them get back up and hit them with another one, except you make them fall the other way. Then you take it to the rim.

I know how to walk down the street dribbling a regulation size basketball between my legs with each step I take. If I take a step with my right foot, I dribble the ball through my legs with my left hand, back and forth from hand to hand, through each leg, with each step, WITHOUT slowing down at all. I can even power walk and do it too.
    your street hunger is out of control

Good High School Starter evilmonkey's Avatar

Thats a jaw increasing move!

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    your street hunger is out of control
    Steve Nash could learn a lot from him.

Why do they call windmill crossover?
    I don't think that's a windmill and is not even a crossover

Local High School Star YAH trick YAH's Avatar

More like a windmill pro hop

All these moves wade does clearly shows his game is not depended all on his athleticism he's an extremely smart and skilled player.

NBA rookie of the year

It's just an extreme version of bringing the ball high over a defender's arms or to split defenders who are reaching in, which is something that Jordan popularized. In half the clips they show, Wade's just bringing the ball high. But in some of them he does bring it waaaay up over the defender's head level, which is a twist on the normal move.