Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Default Spoelstra is being exposed

This indecisive retard Spobot is finally being exposed. I've been saying that he's not a great coach, but the general consensus here has been that he's one of the greatest coaches in the world, which was so frustrating and disturbing.

He changes the lineup all the time, yesterday's starter is getting DNP'ed for no reason today. If one player is important enough to be starting, he should at least in the rotation, right? He never knows what to do with the guys that he has and he didn't even have his rotation by the time the team advanced to the Finals which is crazy. He puts a defensive stopper into the game when the team can't find the basket and to his eyes, the game is only played on one end - defensive end. When the team scored only 80 points, he says that they lost due to lack of energy on the defensive end. It's not like that he's like Thibo who knows how to run a proper defensive plays. All Spo stresses is just ourwork or outrun the opponents.

I'm so tired of listening to this crown justifying his retarded lineup changes and idiotic substitution patterns. Damn.

Decent college freshman eeeeeebro's Avatar

Default Re: Spoelstra is being exposed

This exposes phil jackson as well cause from what i know he only won with the best player in Basketball every year he won.

Truth. Only difference between Spo and Scott Brooks is that Spo has 2 rings due to being awarded the best player in the world. Now that the best player in the world is gone his team is in danger of missing the playoffs and is getting blown out on a near nightly basis.

Not his fault. Bron left.

I've watched the Heat games pre-Lebron and I always thought he was a terrible coach.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    I've watched the Heat games pre-Lebron and I always thought he was a terrible coach.
    You're a smart dude.

To be fair though the Heat don't have a lot of talent outside of Bosh and an aging Wade. The majority of the blame belongs to Pat Riley for not doing anything in the offseason the address Miami's several weaknesses. Dude is such an overrated GM, all he does is sign washed up 3 point shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    This indecisive retard Spobot is finally being exposed. I've been saying that he's not a great coach, but the general consensus here has been that he's one of the greatest coaches in the world, which was so frustrating and disturbing.
    That's not remotely true. People been shitting on Spo forever.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    To be fair though the Heat don't have a lot of talent outside of Bosh and an aging Wade. The majority of the blame belongs to Pat Riley for not doing anything in the offseason the address Miami's several weaknesses. Dude is such an overrated GM, all he does is sign washed up 3 point shooters.
    Doesn't excuse him but I think Pat invested too much faith in LeBron signing that it stifled his entire off season. Instead of hitting the phones in search of other assets, I got the impression that he was just waiting on James to make up his mind. Meanwhile other GM's were plucking away all the useful players that were available. This team has been dying for an adequate rim protector for years and he still hasn't plugged that hole.

On another note - I might be in the minority but Miami still feels like a team who can cause some damage in the playoffs to me.

Spoelstra has attempted to solve Miami's problem of lacking of a serviceable pg, by playing two useless pgs at the same time, in key moments of the game.

The Holy Trinity

This season is turning into a nightmare, and it's hard to figure out why. There IS a team here, with the return of Bosh, the emergence of Whiteside, and the rebirth of Granger, who at this point I would rather have shooting than Wade.

They're not playing small ball as much with the insertion of Birdman into the starting line-up and Whiteside getting significant minutes.

The only spot that badly needs to be upgraded is PG. On that note, can someone explain to me why the Cavs got a 5 M disabled player exception for Varejao, and the Heat only got 2.5 for McRoberts? Is that because of the players' salaries? Because they do desperately need to get a point guard, and I don't think 2.5 M is gonna get one.

What the Heat need is for Wade to play 38 minutes, but then he'll end up playing 38 games. So basically they need pre-2012 Wade, and he's not coming back. They're so reliant on him, but he can't dominate a whole game consistently anymore. He needs more margin for error, but the Heat inevitably let teams back into games and then depend on Wade to deliver the win, but by that time he's spent.

However, this team on paper is still so much better than either the 2009 or 2010 squad, so there is hope, but then again those teams had prime Wade.

Maybe the Cavs will miss the playoffs too. That's about the only thing that would redeem the year at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by JebronLames
    Not his fault. Bron left.
    Yeah because James is really tearing up the league right now.
    Last edited by jrong; 01-01-2015 at 04:00 PM.

all he does is sign washed up 3 point shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    It's true. His team suffers the worst beat down in Finals history, and instead of going after a legit big man and rim protector, Riley tries to lure Lebron back with the blockbuster signings of Danny Granger and Josh McRoberts.

NBA All-star

he probably doesn't enjoy figuring out only one or two plays, in which gives his offense an edge an opportunity.

but something consistent.

which may leave one to being exposed.

don't know.

The Holy Trinity

It's true. His team suffers the worst beat down in Finals history, and instead of going after a legit big man and rim protector, Riley tries to lure Lebron back with the blockbuster signings of Danny Granger and Josh McRoberts.
    Granger is balling right now. He's been reborn. And we never got to see what McRoberts could do because he was on a tight minutes restriction even when he was playing.

The Heat do have a nucleus, and Spo isn't running Bosh as the only big anymore. And Birdman/ Whiteside are at least a serviceable center combo.

If it was the beginning of the year, I'd say the team just needs time to gel, but the problem is 40 percent of the season is over already, and the Heat are barely holding on to the #8 seed ahead of the Celtics and Magic, and they have a nasty upcoming schedule.

Spo deserves some blame, but not all. Riley gets some for not remedying the PG situation. And even though he's their best player, some of this falls on Wade for not making enough concessions to his age and thinking he can play like it's four years ago.