Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    :3

Default Re: 76ers Biggest Threat To Land Brand

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Yes, let's ignore the fact he put that house on sale on way before any of this occurred and he still owns another house in LA.
    Yep. I personally don't think he's going anywhere.

Decent playground baller Venja42's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    Whether this is trying to free up cap space to give Brand a big offer or to put more money into an offer sheet for Josh Smith (so that Atlanta won't want to match), I hope we get one of them. If we trade Carney for just money that we don't even use we'll look like jackasses.
    Josh Smith doesn't deserve any more money than the $11 Million we have under the cap, nor does he deserve that much.

He's a great player, dont get me wrong. But we got in the mess we were in by overpaying guys like that.

Im more excited for Brand because he fits a need for us. If we trade Carney and Booth to make room for him, we'll also have the trade exception from that trade to add another player this summer.

Local High School Star JohnnyBravo5's Avatar

We are punking the Sixers the way that Phoenix punked Cleveland from offering Joe Johnson a contract. They know that if they offer Josh a contract we will hold them hostage for 7 days then match and in the mean time Philly would have lost out on all of the free agents. The Sixers would have all that cap space for no one. Theyd be the Grizzlies North

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
    We are punking the Sixers the way that Phoenix punked Cleveland from offering Joe Johnson a contract. They know that if they offer Josh a contract we will hold them hostage for 7 days then match and in the mean time Philly would have lost out on all of the free agents. The Sixers would have all that cap space for no one. Theyd be the Grizzlies North
    that's why we're targeting Brand first...

no... we honestly would just like to have Brand alot more than Josh Smith.. he actually has a post up game and would help our half court offense.

with all the space we cleared... I figure we could definitely outbid Atlanta if we wanted to... But Smith wouldnt be worth a bidding war

Smith is option #2 here

How are you punking the Sixers? First of all tell me what free agents are out there outside of Brand and Josh Smith. Now while you searc, use google, scratch your head and CONTEMPLATE making up free agent names. Then and only then would a POINT be PROVEN. Miss me with that BS of losing out on free agents when the market isnt deep as is! Seriously...Atlanta "holds us hostage" for a week and omg, we miss out on Josh Childress.

PLEASE!

"Corey Maggette could be gone"

Wait who? Shyt if we were to sign him you probably clown us. "You signed a guy who is Iggy twin. Epic fail!" Like seriously get lost. Elton Brand has been the Sixers #1 target since Ed got rid of Korver. Josh Smith #2.

Its do or die for them. Sixers made this move because if they didnt? Brand laughs at what the Sixers have to offer and Atlanta EASILY matches. By getting an extra $2.8mil and HOPEFULLY some MORE room if the salary cap number is to the Sixers advantage? You got more money to entice Brand and have Atlanta 2nd guessing themselves and thinking HARD about the deal they will have to match.

Ed Stefanski resume craps on anyone in the Hawks mgmt. Now do like I said and beat it.

I can't believe Billy King gave him a player option. But I disagree as far as why Brand should go back to LAC because it's a competitive team. Brand would put Philly into the 4th/5th spot in the east wouldn't he? If he goes back to LAC aren't they still fighting to make the playoffs?
    I dont think they are fighting to make the playoffs. IMO they would be right there in the middle. I said the 5-6 seed range.

Decent playground baller power works's Avatar

Brand isn't leaving the Clippers (yeah I know the Clippers ).

So Sixer fans should just stop torturing themselves. More than likely his agent is working the spin overtime to drive up his price.

Sad to think people are fighting over a 29-yr old undersized PF coming off a major injury.

Local High School Star sixerfan3511's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I dont think they are fighting to make the playoffs. IMO they would be right there in the middle. I said the 5-6 seed range.
    i respect your opinion as much as anyone's on this site, but they can only be 5-6 range if everything works out for them and other teams don't exactly have it their way. Roster wise, they are still behind the Lakers, Spurs, Hornets, Jazz and probably the Suns and Rockets. I could see them being 7, but Dallas, Denver and Portland are there as well

Quote Originally Posted by power works

So Sixer fans should just stop torturing themselves. More than likely his agent is working the spin overtime to drive up his price.

Sad to think people are fighting over a 29-yr old undersized PF coming off a major injury.
    I still don't see why people focus on him being undersized. He's a career 20/10/2.5 guy with 50% shooting. Has his size ever bothered him? As for the injury...he came back for the last 8 games last year. 18/8/2 without a training camp. I don't think any1 is worried about the injury

Local High School Star sixerfan3511's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by power works

um...18 and 8 after coming off that injury is pretty damn good. And he will be the old Brand, just mark my words. Undersized, who gives a f***? he averaged 25 and 10 in a season, he has the wingspan of someone who is 7-0, who cares dude?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I just don't see it.

Lakers
    Jazz
    Hornets
    Spurs
    Suns
    Rockets
    Mavs

are all definately better in my book. Denver is the only team I can see sliding out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
    i respect your opinion as much as anyone's on this site, but they can only be 5-6 range if everything works out for them and other teams don't exactly have it their way. Roster wise, they are still behind the Lakers, Spurs, Hornets, Jazz and probably the Suns and Rockets. I could see them being 7, but Dallas, Denver and Portland are there as well
    Dallas? Blah
    Suns? Blah
    Portland? Overrated (they will challewnge 7-8 seed more than 5-6 seed)

And yes when i made my comment it was moreso factoring in they would be healthy enough to do it. To me that is the biggest key. B.Davis and E.Brand health. If they can remain healthy for a significant portion of the season while producing their all star caliber stats? I can see it. Bench doesnt thrill me much, but neither did the Celtics before they played 1gm. And by season end it was a positive for Boston.

So yeah when i said that about LAC I am saying it with the notion they will be healthy enough to achieve it. I mean the race in the West was tight like gnat booty. I see it happening again only with Portland/LAC being in it whereas GSW out (barring thier future movements).

Brand has a better chance getting further in the playoffs with the Sixers potentially than LAC (just based on the West conf parity). But even still imo I dont see them struggling or fighting hard to make the playoffs. Then again as i type that? The race in West was so close a team like Dallas could have missed it if they went on a 3gm skid. So eh

Banned

I just don't see it.

Lakers
    Jazz
    Hornets
    Spurs
    Suns
    Rockets
    Mavs

are all definately better in my book. Denver is the only team I can see sliding out of there.
    You can't underrate the luxury of having 2 All-Star caliber big men in the front court in Brand & Kaman.

If Al Thornton can not go through a sophmore slump and contribute at the 3 this team could definetly be as high as a 2nd seed in the West.

The Western Conference is an open battle between 2-8,Lakers will be the #1 seed with everyone else like last season playing their ass off to not possibly fall out of the Playoff Race.

I just don't see it.

Lakers
    Jazz
    Hornets
    Spurs

Suns
    Rockets
    Mavs

I just dont see Phx, Houston, Dallas being that much better than LAC. I could be overrating the Baron Davis/Elton Brand duo which i think is gonna be filthy.

And with the parity among the top 11 teams in the West? Maybe it isnt a gurantee afterall (just really lookin at it).