Default What do you guys think about my fantasy team?

Just joined a league today and drafted my own players. This is my first time playing Fantasy Basketball, and it's a free league, so I don't have to worry about losing money if I'm in way over my head.

Here's my roster:
    PG Derrick Rose
    SG Kobe Bryant
    G Kevin Martin
    SF Josh Smith
    PF Kenneth Faried
    F Kevin Garnett
    C Dwight Howard
    C Marcin Gortat

--
    Util : Chris Kaman
    Util : Danny Granger
    --

Bench Omer Asik
    Bench Trevor Ariza
    Bench Vince Carter

I picked a few guys who are waaaaaay past their primes (Vince Carter, Kevin Garnett) just because I feel they'll have big games from time to time when they really matter.
    Kobe, DRose, & Granger are all guys I was hesitant about due to their injuries, but I feel Kobe will muster something worthwhile this season, and DRose & Granger are both young enough to bounce back strong from what they suffered.
    I think KMart is a sleeper. He is in Minnesota now where he will likely be a starter and get a lot more shots since he doesn't have the likes of KD or Westbrook taking most of them.
    As for the rest, I think they're self-explanatory, no? Kaman is a starter on a Lakers squad that doesn't have anyone else to really play his role, D12 is definitely going to have a better season than last year, Josh Smith has a fresh start with the Pistons on a young squad in Detroit, etc.

So what do you guys think?

Default Re: What do you guys think about my fantasy team?

I knew this sub-forum was dead, but damn. I didn't expect there to be 0 responses.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: What do you guys think about my fantasy team?

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Just joined a league today and drafted my own players. This is my first time playing Fantasy Basketball, and it's a free league, so I don't have to worry about losing money if I'm in way over my head.

Here's my roster:
    PG Derrick Rose
    SG Kobe Bryant
    G Kevin Martin
    SF Josh Smith
    PF Kenneth Faried
    F Kevin Garnett
    C Dwight Howard
    C Marcin Gortat

--
    Util : Chris Kaman
    Util : Danny Granger
    --

Bench Omer Asik
    Bench Trevor Ariza
    Bench Vince Carter

I picked a few guys who are waaaaaay past their primes (Vince Carter, Kevin Garnett) just because I feel they'll have big games from time to time when they really matter.
    Kobe, DRose, & Granger are all guys I was hesitant about due to their injuries, but I feel Kobe will muster something worthwhile this season, and DRose & Granger are both young enough to bounce back strong from what they suffered.
    I think KMart is a sleeper. He is in Minnesota now where he will likely be a starter and get a lot more shots since he doesn't have the likes of KD or Westbrook taking most of them.
    As for the rest, I think they're self-explanatory, no? Kaman is a starter on a Lakers squad that doesn't have anyone else to really play his role, D12 is definitely going to have a better season than last year, Josh Smith has a fresh start with the Pistons on a young squad in Detroit, etc.

So what do you guys think?
    I can see it's your first year playing fantasy so you'll have to learn the hard way like I did, but STAY AWAY from veterans and bench players. You'll be strong in rebounds and blocks but you only have 1 point guard so you'll be dead last in assists. How many teams in your league? If it's a 10 team league that's a pretty shitty draft, but the one good thing about fantasy basketball is that the free agent pickups can make a huge difference to your team.

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/basketbal...power-forwards

Here's a link to an article that outlines a good fantasy strategy. First thing I'd do is look to move guys like Kaman and Granger for point guards. Then I'd check who's in the free agent pool.