Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-07-2007, 11:43 PM   #1
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool
Default Opera VS Firefox...The Debate...

Answer the questions below, who wins:

Quicker?
Quality?
More Secure?
Best overall?
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:56 PM   #2
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Opera VS Firefox...The Debate...

I used to use firefox, now i use opera..i probably never used everything firefox had to offer but i'm real happy with opera and how i can set it up to my tastes...

as for security, i use defender pro firewall, anti spy and anti virus, i don't rely on the browser
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:56 PM   #3
RIMMER
Retired ISH Legend

RIMMER has decent reputation

I hate Opera. I didnt even want that crud on my computer, but somehow, it installed itself, and it took FOREVER to remove. I had to search the forums online. It was the unwelcomed guest on my computer that refused to leave.
RIMMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:10 AM   #4
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Firefox is safer and more secure and better overall, Opera is for simplicity and organization and user preferences. I've used both, and I really liked Opera, but it just couldn't beat FF.

But I use IE7 now so what the hay.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:21 AM   #5
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
Firefox is safer and more secure and better overall, Opera is for simplicity and organization and user preferences. I've used both, and I really liked Opera, but it just couldn't beat FF.

i really liked IE7 but the thing drove me nuts, it would just turn into a slug that i could only fix with a shut down
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:25 AM   #6
The_Blur
Banned

The_Blur has an OK reputation so far
Lightbulb Re: Opera VS Firefox...The Debate...

Quote:
Quicker?
Opera is definitely quicker. See this for a detailed comparison:
http://www.howtocreate.co.uk/browserSpeed.html
Quote:
Quality?
I guess it depends what you mean quality.
Quote:
More Secure?
They are both more secure than Internet Explorer. Opera is very quick in fixing any any found security issues.
http://www.crossroads-webdesign.com/...p?mod=op-ff-ie
Quote:
Best overall?
I love my Opera Browser but ultimately it all boils down to personal preference.
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:27 AM   #7
The_Blur
Banned

The_Blur has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6

I can't understand what Opera couldn't beat Firefox in. Externsions? Speed? UI? Rendering Pages?
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:33 AM   #8
Selenium
Good High School Starter

Selenium is considered somewhat coolSelenium is considered somewhat cool

I like and have used both extensively. I'm using Opera right now though being that it's more feature-packed right out-of-the-box, and I don't have to install a bunch of extensions to get the functionality I want. Opera also uses less RAM.

Firefox wins in regards to customizability, though.
Selenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:00 AM   #9
evinecz
Banned

evinecz has an OK reputation so far

IE7 >>>Firefox>>>Opera...
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 08:24 AM   #10
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

firefox would work fine for me for a while and then it crashed to where i had to uninstall it. this happened a few times. i use opera now and it's just fine.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 08:49 PM   #11
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Um, since when did IE not become dogsh*t? I haven't used it in a while, but that was a virus magnet the past 10 years.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: